Street Fighter X Tekken: Special Edition (360) $39.99 at Amazon w/ FSSS

360 only I was thinking about trading in my copy to bb next week to get this but I have it on the ps3 for the extra characters

Wow that coin bank actually looks pretty sweet. Hmmm... Im a sucker for SE's but this game can be had for $20 at GF now and I cant help but feel I should wait for the 3rd or 4th iteration before splurging just so I can have all the damn characters. Hmmm

Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='brewin']Wow that coin bank actually looks pretty sweet. Hmmm... Im a sucker for SE's but this game can be had for $20 at GF now and I cant help but feel I should wait for the 3rd or 4th iteration before splurging just so I can have all the damn characters. Hmmm

Thanks for the heads up OP![/QUOTE]
I believe the SE includes all the gems as well as some extra costumes which could easily make up the $20 difference on the USED gamefly deal. Will have to pass on this. Wanted this on PS3... thanks anyway OP!

[quote name='shivan128']I believe the SE includes all the gems as well as some extra costumes which could easily make up the $20 difference on the USED gamefly deal. Will have to pass on this. Wanted this on PS3... thanks anyway OP![/QUOTE]

FYI, it does not include extra costumes. Just a ton of gems, a really cool little bank, a different game case cover from the regular version that says Special Edition and has different art and a mini comic done by Udon that serves as a prequel to the events in the game.

Unless you want the extra gems and other stuff it comes with, I would just buy the game for cheap on Gamefly and then wait for the DLC to go on sale if you want any of it. Or if you have the money to spend you could just get the SF 25th anniversary edition box that will come with the game including the DLC and other games, movies, music, etc. as well.

Bought this day 1 for full price. Only played it a few times before going back to AE. No, I'm not salty.

FYI the coin bank is a cheap POS. It's only about 4 inches tall and a pain in the ass to assemble. The "comic book" is just 10-15 pages appended to the back of the instruction booklet. And no you do not get all the gems. There have been a ton more DLC gems released since the SE release.

This will be sub $30 soon enough the way this game is tanking.

I bought this day 1 and sold it, rebought from GF as 20 was my price point. However that coin bank is HARD to assemble. I finally threw it away.

[quote name='plus1zero']I bought this day 1 and sold it, rebought from GF as 20 was my price point. However that coin bank is HARD to assemble. I finally threw it away.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you really needed to apply a LOT of pressure to put it together. Almost to the point where it felt like it would break. In the end I like how it looks though, just wish something like that was already snapped together.

Also if anyone does get this game now, you should probably hold off on playing it until this month's patch for the game comes out since they broke several characters in the last patch such as Rolento which can cause the game to freeze up if projectiles collide. All in all I still think it is a fun game and I enjoy the tag team feature of it most of all, but in hindsight I do wish I did wait for a price drop. Ah well

[quote name='themidnighter23']can someone explain why the PS3 always seems to cost more than the xbox version (when there's a sale on fighting games)[/QUOTE]

D-pad. Some view PS3 as the more fight-centric console, mainly because of the familiarity with the PS3 controller and that the xbox d-pad sucks for fighting.

I'll go ahead and agree with the hate for the coin bank. It's lame, and it's a bitch to put together.

Game is fun, but heavily flawed. They brought in a new producer and it's more than likely going to be overhauled sometime in the future.

Take that for whatever it's worth. Maybe there's a new version in the works (not likely), or just a massive patch that makes it not so ridiculously gimmicky. Only time will tell.

[quote name='cficare']D-pad. Some view PS3 as the more fight-centric console, mainly because of the familiarity with the PS3 controller and that the xbox d-pad sucks for fighting.[/QUOTE]

I doubt this has anything to do with it. Anyone who's serious about fighters is far past Xbox or PS3 controllers. They're both garbage for fighters... get a 3rd party controller or a stick.

Inb4 "durrrrr, ill wait on Super Mega Atreet Fighter X Tekken Turbo Edition lol"

I got the SE at launch for $60 and had a blast with the game. This is a pretty good price. But yeah, that bank is tough to snap together.

[quote name='crookshow'] FYI the coin bank is a cheap POS. It's only about 4 inches tall and a pain in the ass to assemble.[/QUOTE]

yeah just saw it on you tube its like half the size of a dvd i. I really wanted to buy it cuz i thought it be a little bit bigger at least as tall as a dvd.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AugustAPC']I doubt this has anything to do with it. Anyone who's serious about fighters is far past Xbox or PS3 controllers. They're both garbage for fighters... get a 3rd party controller or a stick.[/QUOTE]

Wolfkrone plays SF4 AE 2012 and is considered one of the best in the world and plays on a PS2 pad. Masta CJ and Fanatiq are two high level UMVC3 players who use 360 pads. It really boils down to what you're comfortable using as your input device.

[quote name='cficare']D-pad. Some view PS3 as the more fight-centric console, mainly because of the familiarity with the PS3 controller and that the xbox d-pad sucks for fighting.[/QUOTE]

I'd also bet that people really into the fighting game scene would prefer PS3 since thats what Japan's scene plays mostly and it ensures the online community will remain active for a long time.

AFAIK Evo tourneys all use PS3s too. Its the official global standard.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Argh, I really want this for the ps3 due to the bonus characters.[/QUOTE]

are those characters permanently exclusive???

Cole, Kuro, and Toro are PS3 exclusive.

Mega Man and Pac Man are on the 360 disc, but locked away. Not sure if they'll be released or not down the line.

[quote name='Sway']Wolfkrone plays SF4 AE 2012 and is considered one of the best in the world and plays on a PS2 pad. Masta CJ and Fanatiq are two high level UMVC3 players who use 360 pads. It really boils down to what you're comfortable using as your input device.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. I'd like to point out that this game has an input bug with 360 controllers where it sometimes doesn't recognize diagonal inputs. I dunno if it was ever patched but this is HUGE if your using the stock pad.

It really sucks that Capcom finally made their first good fighter in a decade and it's ruined by numerous design flaws and business decisions.

"I'd also bet that people really into the fighting game scene would prefer PS3 since thats what Japan's scene plays mostly and it ensures the online community will remain active for a long time.

AFAIK Evo tourneys all use PS3s too. Its the official global standard."

IIRC Evo uses ps3s because it was virtually assured Street fighter, Tekken and any other popular fighter would be on ps3. So they purchased a bunch ps3 consoles,the flip side is that in many cases, (HDR, Marvel 2 &3, SF4) the 360 versions run better.

I dunno what Japan does for console games when they run tourneys but alot of big name players roll with the 360 because it's cheaper (console+game+arcade stick).

[quote name='ilifecomputer']I'd also bet that people really into the fighting game scene would prefer PS3 since thats what Japan's scene plays mostly and it ensures the online community will remain active for a long time.

AFAIK Evo tourneys all use PS3s too. Its the official global standard.[/QUOTE]

I've actually had a smoother online experience on the 360 (with SF games anyway). PS3 may be more popular in Japan, but American players look to play against players from the same region to minimize lag.

360 games as a whole (not just fighting games) tend to drop more than their PS3 counterparts. This is likely because there are more 360 consoles in the wild, hence more copies produced for 360 during the initial run.

Being that the PS3 version of this game has a bunch of extra characters though, I can see why it would be more sought out.

The game is a scam with all the locked items on disc... but for $29.99 after using my Dragon's Dogma $10 off code... might be worth it. :\

[quote name='AugustAPC'] Anyone who's serious about fighters is far past Xbox or PS3 controllers. They're both garbage for fighters... get a 3rd party controller or a stick.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! You shouldn't show up to a baseball game with a wiffle bat if you plan on playing seriously...

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Inb4 "durrrrr, ill wait on Super Mega Atreet Fighter X Tekken Turbo Edition lol"

I got the SE at launch for $60 and had a blast with the game. This is a pretty good price. But yeah, that bank is tough to snap together.[/QUOTE]

In all seriousness though, I really wanted to jump on this (well, not this particular deal, but the gamefly one) but they've released somewhere around 12 new DLC playable characters right? I would be seriously pissed if they DONT release a complete edition. I hope they do soon though. :/

[quote name='Lordd_G']Exactly! You shouldn't show up to a baseball game with a wiffle bat if you plan on playing seriously...[/QUOTE]

reverse psychology man. how can you throw a serious pitch at a guy with a wiffle bat?

If you want a complete condition and can splurge, go for the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary collector's edition. SSF4AE (plus all costume DLCs), SFxT (plus all costume, gem, character DLCs), SSF2T HDR and SF33S HD download codes plus other goodies. I would get it if I had a console and didn't have any of them. Then again, I'm a big SF fan.

The anniversary collector's edition only comes with the characters and the first set of costumes for SFxT.

-Street Fighter X Tekken (including all character and Swap Costume DLC)

No gems or second set of costumes that are already on the disc.

bread's done
Back