- - - - -

Video Game Steelbook Deals

#1 KtMack23   Retired from CAGing CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

I know some of us around here really love steelbooks, so I figured a thread where people post deals on video game steelbooks would be pretty awesome. We already have one for DVDs so why not video games. So to start us off...

Wii: Cursed Mountain Limited Edition $8.80
http://www.amazon.co...x_ya_os_product

I made this thread a wiki so anyone can update the OP

Man you people are cheap.

#2 Stele   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   582 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

Good, I see you've found the only persistent vg steelbook deal of the past year and most likely the only one there will be 1 year from now.

#3 shadowkast   Lowball Ban Lowball Ban   4980 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

shadowkast

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Good, I see you've found the only persistent vg steelbook deal of the past year and most likely the only one there will be 1 year from now.

hahaha right!!!

It seems like there are stacks of assassin's creed 3 steelbooks still floating out there in the wild at multiple stores.
Posted Image

#4 Stele   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   582 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

You do realize those don't actually have games in them?

#5 KtMack23   Retired from CAGing CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Well intended we use a thread like this instead of 15 different UK game pre order threads but whatever. *rolls eyes*

#6 Stele   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   582 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

Would you consider UK LE pre-orders deals?

#7 KtMack23   Retired from CAGing CAGiversary!   2482 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

Would you consider UK LE pre-orders deals?

If you look at the cost of buying them post release, then yes.

#8 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5265 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:19 AM

I collect steelbooks for video games and movies. I still wish there was a way to get generic ones. Just see a wall of gray steelbooks would be cool if you couldn't insert your own case art.

#9 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1387 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:21 AM

I collect steelbooks for video games and movies. I still wish there was a way to get generic ones. Just see a wall of gray steelbooks would be cool if you couldn't insert your own case art.

I'm the same damn way! There is just something I love about steelbooks.

Thanks for starting this OP, I'll take any help I can in collecting more :)

#10 DanteWarrior   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

DanteWarrior

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:43 AM

Majority of my steelbooks comes from ebay. One of my recent favorites is Xenoblade chronicles steelbook. It was France exclusive

#11 shivan128   CAG at heart CAGiversary!   3751 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:10 AM

Majority of my steelbooks comes from ebay. One of my recent favorites is Xenoblade chronicles steelbook. It was France exclusive

While this is cool... wouldnt it look odd next to the other two games in the series which dont have steelbooks? ;)

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Monster Monpiece, :3ds: Majora's Mask, :xb1: N/ATM :360: N/ATM, :ps3: N/ATM, :ps4: Dying Light/#KillAllZombies, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#12 DanteWarrior   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1373 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

DanteWarrior

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:26 AM

While this is cool... wouldnt it look odd next to the other two games in the series which dont have steelbooks? ;)

Actually all 3 games of the series have steelbooks. Below are the other two. In fact - these are not as rare as the Xenoblade one

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5ae7133a92

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4ab65cb8d6

#13 shadowkast   Lowball Ban Lowball Ban   4980 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

shadowkast

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

You do realize those don't actually have games in them?

Really?!? I thought it was an awesome deal to get the steel book and game for only $5 many months before release!! Guess I should open it huh.

In seriousness, figured this thread is gonna be dedicated more to the cases than the disc inside. That's why I mentioned it.