Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Featuring Alucard!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Yes, a new retail Castlevania is happening.

[youtube]vUcUz5Vo6iw#![/youtube]

I've gotta try to play the first before I get my hands on the second. Darn backlog...

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would the 3DS version be more exciting when it's from the same people and will clearly be smaller in scale? The co-op does sound nice... But many people loved Lords of Shadow, and I'm excited because more Castlevania is always a good thing.

[quote name='eastx']Why would the 3DS version be more exciting when it's from the same people and will clearly be smaller in scale? The co-op does sound nice... But many people loved Lords of Shadow, and I'm excited because more Castlevania is always a good thing.[/QUOTE]
Dunno figured it'd be metroidvania on the 3DS. Was I wrong?

[quote name='GUNNM']Dunno figured it'd be metroidvania on the 3DS. Was I wrong?[/QUOTE]

Mirror of Fate supposedly has an exploration element, but it's still a Lords of Shadow game, not a traditional Metroidvania one. Maybe LoS2 will have exploration as well - can't know till they drop some details.

The first was fantastic! Truly one of the vastly under-appreciated titles of this gen, no question. It was the perfect mix of fine-tuned PS2 era action and character progression, current gen cinematics/graphics/sound/voice work, and a wonderfully crafted storyline. If you're even a remote fan of the franchise, it's worth it for the ending alone.

This is definitely one to be excited about.

I loved the first game, so I can't wait for this one.

I'm probably in the minority for this, but I prefer linear style Castelvania to the metroidvania style.

As much as I love the Metroidvania style games, their stories and their characters, I needed something new a few years back. I was VERY worried when the first Lords of Shadow was introduced, mainly because I was afraid it wouldn't have any charm of the 2D series.

I was also all Nerd-ragey when I heard about how they fucked with the characters, especially Gabriel (no spoliers, but some of you will get what I mean...)

But Castlevania did some serious maturation with LoS. I enjoyed it and the different experience it presented.

And I am VERY excited for the sequel. I have accepted how this fits into the universe and I am satisfied. Can't wait to play it.

here is the deal ,though, there is no release timeframe! that game might not come out for another 2 years. a big problem i've had with e3 is many of the games are barely in their alpha stage and they show previews years in advance and by the time it's released everyone has forgotten about about it. :)

still though i'm looking forward to it. I just have a feeling this might be a 720 release hehe.

Glad to see It's still on track.

My only problem with Lords of Shadow is the exploration. I prefer the metroidvania type and not the chapter to chapter exploration, not to mention all the tedious jumping and what not.

Everything else was solid, combat and story and what not. I thought I would hate the re-telling of the castlevania story but it was actually good.

Glad to see they still plan on pushing the LoS series forward. I first one was a great game. Now I'm off to listen to the soundtrack.

Looks like it, but
how could it be? Alucard *was* the son of Dracula and if this Belmont is becoming who we know as Dracula, that would make Alucard his son. To my knowledge, he didn't have a son in the first game, so whoever is taking up the Alucard role would have a different backstory. Either way.....pretty darn cool if you ask me!

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Looks like it, but
how could it be? Alucard *was* the son of Dracula and if this Belmont is becoming who we know as Dracula, that would make Alucard his son. To my knowledge, he didn't have a son in the first game, so whoever is taking up the Alucard role would have a different backstory. Either way.....pretty darn cool if you ask me!
[/QUOTE]
Well if they go that route the only white haired good guy I can think of is Soma Cruz or Hector or maybe its just a new white haired good guy. We'll see

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Looks like it, but
[/QUOTE]

It could still be the same back story as the original CV timeline. Alucard was a half-human, half-vampire, so if they were gonna follow a similar relationship, Gabriel would have had to have fathered him after the first game.

Note: Was just checking out some info on the upcoming games, and it would seem that the 3DS game is gonna feature Trevor Belmont, Simon Belmont, and Alucard. Nice!

I read the latest Game Informer and they talked about offspring not being mentioned in LoS1. That will play a huge part in the 3DS game, but may bleed over to LoS2.

Was reading a blog they made an interesting theory of trevor turning into alucard (I know not canon to original CV but this is a new telling of the story) since mirror of fate is set before LOS2.

[quote name='GUNNM']Kinda disappointing beating LOS 1 seeing the end credit and then seeing what LOS 2 will be about.[/QUOTE]

Really? I don't think it's disappointing at all. I'd say the ending of LoS1 is one of the bigger surprises in the last 10 years of gaming, to be honest. I'm glad they didn't do a "tee hee, JK! That little cinema meant nothing." Between the 3DS game and LoS2, I think they have a pretty badass new Castlevania mythos going on here.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Really? I don't think it's disappointing at all. I'd say the ending of LoS1 is one of the bigger surprises in the last 10 years of gaming, to be honest. I'm glad they didn't do a "tee hee, JK! That little cinema meant nothing." Between the 3DS game and LoS2, I think they have a pretty badass new Castlevania mythos going on here.[/QUOTE]
Well I'm talking about death meeting up with Gabriel in the present time and asking him to team up with him to fight satan. LOS 2 is obviously a prequel to this and with mercurystream having no plans to create any more castlevania's it means whatever happens in LOS 2 they obviously fail in killing Gabriel according to the end scene in LOS1
long winded post, whatever

Love the MGS stuff you unlock for beating LOS 1 hope we get more of that in 2. =D

bread's done
Back