CAGcast #285: The Pre E3 Airing of the Grievances

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Cheapy gets a giant gaming PC, Shipwreck is in a Ram Jam, and Wombat is worried about getting unhinged, whatever that means.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]194[/podcast]
Download - 91 minutes, 55MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
[/preview]

GoDaddy
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Nas vs Drive Sountrack - Nasty P / Hologram: Time Traveler

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LiK']Drive haters![/QUOTE]

Yeah really :/

That Drive remix song at the start of the last CAGcast has been stuck in my head the past week. So good.

I have a full tower case for my PC and it is necessary. I had a mid-tower and bought a fancy new graphics card and the thing didn't fit. So, the last PC I built, I got a big ass case so I could fit all the goodies in it.

Also, Wombats job sounds like it sucks. Where I work, they stress to not contact people when on vacation unless it is an absolute emergency. That level of emergency doesn't happen all that often around here. Whenever I go on vacation, I tell people they can contact me if they have questions or need help with something I'm an expert on, but nobody ever calls.

I thought DRIVE was great, but I can't knock you guys for not liking it. I'm not interested in convincing non-fans, but it helps to think of it as a modern day fairy tale instead of an action movie. Everyone is an archetype. The scorpion jacket is symbolic and ties into the Aesop fable referenced by Albert Brooks in the restaurant. It's a stylish movie, and that style isn't for everyone. ...Ain't movies grand?

I bought Harley Quinn's Revenge and thought it was decent. The Add-on is pretty much a linear experience that doesn't really shed any new light on the aftermath and easter eggs found in the regular game. Playing as Robin was fun, but they could of done more I think. Like I said, it was decent.

Cheapy already avoiding Sony's E3 conference trying to get tickets to hockey game during the conference? Not sure why Shipwreck didn't just get Max Payne via Red Box on PS3 since the whole game fits on one disk. After Playing Mass Effect 2 and 3 on 360, I found the games much more enjoyable to play on PS3 when I didn't have to get up to change the disk. I've been rebuilding my old PCs and getting them back up and running. I only have 2 that can handle Diablo 3, but everytime I think about playing I go back to the PS3 or 360. I almost feel that I've outgrown the PC genre which i used to love. What could probably bring me back is the device Cheapy mentioned but I don't have the free HDMI ports on my TVs. I'm also not sure why people have the need for more games on the Vita. Do you know how much content is playable on the Vita right now? There is a backload of PSP games and PS mini titles. they are working on PSN and hopefully PS1 games will be playable on the Vita by next week I'm hoping. I'm excited that Youtube will finally be usable by the end of June but I've been using a work around I saw on IGN and that works really well. If I didn't use Kinect for saying pause and play watching netflix I probably would have traded in the device by now. I'm so ho hum about the Wii U. Not really excited, but I want to see what they have. I think Sony will have the most interesting conference. I don't think Microsoft will have anything to wow us since they keep leaning on Kinect. I'm sure they will ride on Halo 4 but I worry about that game.

[quote name='davidb69']Cheapy already avoiding Sony's E3 conference trying to get tickets to hockey game during the conference? Not sure why Shipwreck didn't just get Max Payne via Red Box on PS3 since the whole game fits on one disk. After Playing Mass Effect 2 and 3 on 360, I found the games much more enjoyable to play on PS3 when I didn't have to get up to change the disk. I've been rebuilding my old PCs and getting them back up and running. I only have 2 that can handle Diablo 3, but everytime I think about playing I go back to the PS3 or 360. I almost feel that I've outgrown the PC genre which i used to love. What could probably bring me back is the device Cheapy mentioned but I don't have the free HDMI ports on my TVs. I'm also not sure why people have the need for more games on the Vita. Do you know how much content is playable on the Vita right now? There is a backload of PSP games and PS mini titles. they are working on PSN and hopefully PS1 games will be playable on the Vita by next week I'm hoping. I'm excited that Youtube will finally be usable by the end of June but I've been using a work around I saw on IGN and that works really well. If I didn't use Kinect for saying pause and play watching netflix I probably would have traded in the device by now. I'm so ho hum about the Wii U. Not really excited, but I want to see what they have. I think Sony will have the most interesting conference. I don't think Microsoft will have anything to wow us since they keep leaning on Kinect. I'm sure they will ride on Halo 4 but I worry about that game.[/QUOTE]

1. Redbox was out of PS3 version of Max Payne 3.
2. I played the PSP games I wanted to play on the PSP and the vast majority of PS Minis I own don't work on Vita. I'd love more downloadable games like About A Blob, MotorStorm RC, or Pinball Arcade.

Wombat:

If you want Cheapy to stop messing with you about E3 just pay for everything yourself. Clearly he's got an issue with things being on his "dime". Just be yourself and have a good time. Don't worry about being "low key", whatever the f*ck that's suppose to mean. Aren't you all a little too old to be concerned about your "image"?

Cheapy:

You're a nerdy gamer, embrace it. Stop trying to act like an internet pimp. :p

Shipwreck:

Help those two grow up.

I would comment but apparently I'm not as important as Wombat. Seriously dude, get over yourself. Everyone has shit to do and, as far I know, aren't you selling ads on a website? It's not like you're curing cancer. You aren't the only one with a job, kids, bills, etc.

if you like depressing shit cheapy theres a movie on netflix about host clubs in japan and how you girls get drawn into them and get so hooked on the guys there they end up in the adult film industry or prostituting to support their host cub addictions. saddest part of it is they think if they go enough the guys will really love them and many of the suggest to these chicks to sell their bodies so they can keep coming.

Show Notes
1:30 Gaming PC updates
11:00 Tribes
13:00 Watch This - Drive
19:30 Dark Shadows
20:00 Batman (1989)
23:45 Show Feedback
30:15 New Releases
30:15 Dirt: Showdown
30:30 Mad Riders
32:15 (something) Joyride
32:30 Resistance: Burning Skies
33:30 Max Payne 3(pc), Sega Vintage, Batman Arkham City Harley Quinn DLC
34:00 Saints Row 3
38:30 Contests
41:45 Keys to E3
44:45 KAZOO!
46:30 KAZOOOO!
60:00 Most anticipated predictions, Assassin's Creed 3, Borderlands 2/Dishonored
61:00 Least anticpated predictions
64:00 You Don't Know Jack (facebook)
64:15 Curt Schilling/38 Studios
68:00 Injustice (DC fighter)
69:45 Skyrim: Dawnguard
70:30 Silicon Knights lawsuit fail
71:15 West/Zampella lawsuit
73:15 Prototype 2
76:15 Max Payne 3
81:30 Men In Black: Alien Crisis
82:00 Top Analyst
82:30 Playstation Plus/Vita rumors
84:30 New 360 bundle
85:00 Steel Battalion

My hope for E3: Wombat accidentally insults a rep while trying to be nice (Epic $Mickey)

Laughing at Cheapy comparing updating drivers on his PC versus his Mac when starting them up for the first time. Yeah, of course, a system you put together yourself is going to have to spend a lot of time updating and looking for the latest drivers. Just like your Mac, if you bought a pre-built system from a major PC vendor the latest drivers would come pre-installed.

[quote name='thorbahn3']I bought Harley Quinn's Revenge and thought it was decent.[/QUOTE]

How long does it take to complete?

[quote name='banodyne'] if you bought a pre-built system from a major PC vendor the latest drivers would come pre-installed.[/QUOTE]

and that would last for 3 months if you are lucky.

Wow, has it really been only a year since Elliott was born? Feels like it's been so much longer than that....

Also, completely agree with Batman (89) and it's not holdin up. Not that it's a bad film by any means as I'll still watch it if it's on and like it, but my god, people have that film in much higher regard than it deserves.

I would've thought that Cheapy's E3 wishlist was:

1. "Smoke Weed Every Day." Holographic Nate Dogg note included.
2. Receive handjob from Korean sex slave featured in 45 minute documentary about Korean sex slaves.

I though the whole sex at a "message parlor" was an urban legend from a bygone era, until I listened to Ari Schaffer's and Neal Brennen's podcasts where they talked about it. If they're forced do it, that's horrible.

[quote name='davidb69']Cheapy already avoiding Sony's E3 conference trying to get tickets to hockey game during the conference?[/QUOTE]
Not avoiding it, I wasn't invited.

That's gotta be the lowest content on actual gaming for the CAGcast in a long time. I still liked it though.

Unless there's some huge surprise announcement, I expect video of Shipwreck, Wombat, and CheapyD playing NBA Baller Beats to be my favorite thing to come out of E3.

Cheapy, is the 'garbage truck' associated with Nick Tahou's? I don't think it matters, as any garbage plate basically produces a plate of shame, I'm just curious.

I was kinda frustrated to hear Shipwreck's PC troubles. Can't tell what's worse: ibuypower shitty customer service/communication, or Shipwreck being complacent through the ordeal. I understand that you just want it and you don't care, but c'mon man. You shouldn't let ibuypower shit all over you. You should be raising hell goddamn it.

He should have cancelled his order and tried a more reputable site like Digital Storm. I bought my PC from Cyberpower in 2007 and I think they're related to ibuypower. They're certainly both shitty companies, whether or not the owners are the same.

Nice of Cheapy to admit he pooh-poohed Wombat last week. You gotta be careful about over doing the pooh-pooh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moaayvc1cOY

Not much to add to this one, I suppose. Cheapy's "if it were a dick it'd kill you" comment had me laughing. Probably one of his better quips in a while.

I echo Shipwreck's sentiments about Max Payne 3 although it sounds like I enjoyed it a little more than he did. I want to play through the second disc but after the story I think I'm done with it, which is sad considering the game isn't even a month old. On a related note, I hated that soccer stadium level. Too many enemies firing at you from all sides and the only cover available is a railing, which leaves you wide open to attacks. I had to rush most of that level and hope to the heavens for a cutscene/checkpoint.

[quote name='S0LIDARITY']
Cheapy, is the 'garbage truck' associated with Nick Tahou's? I don't think it matters, as any garbage plate basically produces a plate of shame, I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]
Just a fan, I believe.

I felt like I was over a friend's house while they were arguing with their parents during that whole 'don't do this at E3' segment. I was pretty surprised no one said kazoo.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Shame on you CheapyD, do you not watch Game Center CX over there? Although the LA arcade featured in the America episode was this. http://www.yelp.com/biz/japan-arcade-los-angeles[/QUOTE]

I've been to that arcade. It's a nice little shopping center but the arcade itself is small and stuffy as hell. It's hard to know if it's big enough, because no one knows how many people are willing to go, but it's worth a shot.

Anyway, regardless of what's decided, I'm looking forward to the CAG meet-up again.

did you finish AC2?
IDk it looks like a direct competition with Bioshock infinite.

It is too bad my ballsack is about the best game the rest of this year.
Did you ride the high 2011 for the disappointment of 2012?

Shipwreck do multiple disc games usually have that problem in Redbox?
You should call because I feel a lot of games could get frustrated with that.

Than you Wombat for pointing out the truth.

I am a lifelong Batman fan. I learned to read from Detective Comics in the 70's I was as excited as anyone could be to see a real Batman movie instead of that goofy and stupid TV show. Instead what Tim Burton gave us was a confused mess, which is what most of his movies turn out to be. You can't even follow what he's doing in the fight scenes. It's all about atmosphere and mood instead of characters and story. I've been point out what crap that movie has been since it came out. Glad someone else now agrees.

And a big thank you to Christopher Nolan for getting it right! That's someone who obviously appreciates the character and understands where it all comes from

The discussion on the West/Zampella v Activision lawsuit was poor. It was a civil suit so no one was going to prison, and the trial was due to start on June 1st and the judge had ordered that it must end by July 2nd than so West & Zampella didn't settle because it was dragging on so long - it was almost over.

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2012/...on-west-zampella-trial-delayed-till-june-1st/

People are saying good on West and Zampella for sticking it to Activision because of all the shady crap Activision tried to pull to get out of the contract Kotick signed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-inside-the-game-industry-trial-of-the-decade

And the guys got paid. As Wombat sort of suggested, the cost of the settlement to Activision will come out of the Diablo 3 money.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/05/31/4529444/activision-blizzard-announces.html

The company does not believe that the incremental one-time charges related to the settlement will result in a material impact on its GAAP or non-GAAP earnings per share outlook for the current quarter or the calendar year, due to stronger-than-expected operating performance in the current quarter.

I just can not understand how anyone can see that Wombat is from Cheap Ass Gamer and then bitch at him about taking any/all freebie swag.

@Wombat
Every single fucking bit of free shit is for you! (don't let anyone tell you otherwise)

bread's done
Back