Finding Nemo (3D Blu/Blu/DVD/DC) $26.99 Pre-Order, 12/4/12 Release Date

this is a great deal. This will no doubt drop a little futher by the time it's released, and I'll be selling off my 3D disc, which should bring the overall total down to about $12 or so after all is said and done.

[quote name='ssjmichael']this is a great deal. This will no doubt drop a little futher by the time it's released, and I'll be selling off my 3D disc, which should bring the overall total down to about $12 or so after all is said and done.[/QUOTE]

Opposite for me ~ this may be the release that finally pushes me to get a 3DTV.

Saw this as a mover and shaker and figured a coupon was why. Glad to see there was already a thread. Full expect this for about $27.99 before coupon by 12/4.

[quote name='king9x']Great success.

Is the $8 dollar coupon to match the inevitable Disney Coupon?[/QUOTE]That's what normally happens, though rarely, the Amazon coupon is a better amount than the B&M coupon.

Tangled had an $8 coupon from Amazon and the B&M coupon was $5. With a Target price of $24.99 that Amazon matched, it was $16.99 AC from Amazon. Best B&M deal was $19.99 AC from Target.

That was the only time I think the B&M coupon was less than the Amazon coupon, so it should be a safe assumption the B&M coupon will also be $8. Amazon should match the cheapest price B&M between Target and Best Buy, so it's usually a safe bet to stick with the Amazon preorder until the ads for that week get released.

Tron was a better deal at Target if you wanted both Classic and Legacy because you could get the same $8 off coupon that Amazon had, though there was an additional savings when you bought both at the same time ($10, if I remember right). Target may run some other deal where you get a bonus savings if you buy another Disney movie at the same time when you get Finding Nemo. Best Buy may also run something like it as well.

[quote name='sunnysky']I expect the price WILL drop. BUT not until the day AFTER release. when the coupon will no longer be offered.[/QUOTE]

Amazon refunds the difference if the price drops within 24 or 48 hours of your order shipping. Found that out most recently after my Chuck preorder dropped from $34.99 to $26.99 literally right after mine shipped.

Hello,

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $7.00 for your Order.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Chuck: The Complete Fifth Season [Blu-ray]
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B0058YPK7G
Reason for refund: Pre-order price protection

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: $7.00

This amount has been credited to your payment method and will appear when your bank has processed it.

My problem is I have an $8 upgrade coupon from my DVD, which I can't apply to Amazon. I'll put in the pre-order anyway and hope for the best, but I've been sitting on those things for Bug's Life and Monsters Inc for ages because they never go on sale.

[quote name='sunnysky']I expect the price WILL drop. BUT not until the day AFTER release. when the coupon will no longer be offered.[/QUOTE]Not always, though it depends on the title and what the B&M prices on it are. I've had Amazon drop the prices late on the release date, though they still hold it for pre-order price guarantee.

Again, depends on the title.

At last, all of the Pixar movies on Blu-ray! And Disney will slowly continue to re-release all of the 2D ones in 3D...

And I will buy them all.

Thanks Scorch, ended up eligible for another free trial of prime. Maybe via the XBOX or something. If I don't renew, will I still get free 2 day delivery?

[quote name='mitch079']Thanks Scorch, ended up eligible for another free trial of prime. Maybe via the XBOX or something. If I don't renew, will I still get free 2 day delivery?[/QUOTE]

yep. anything you pre-order now, even if it's past your trial will still get 2-day delivery. I too just got another trial, I think it's my 3rd trial overall from Amazon

[quote name='WingsDJY']Is there any chance Amazon will offer a coupon for the non-3D version?[/QUOTE]

Probably not. I'd pick up the coupon now and pre-order the 3D version, and then if the price drops on the non-3D, you can cancel and order it instead.

But I'd be surprised if they didn't see similar price drops, leaving the 3D version slightly cheaper (after coupon) than the regular version.

I wonder if the Nemo release will coincide with the release of Brave. If so then there might be a DMR coupon plus the additional coupon some retailers offer when you purchase both. I will still preorder but will keep my eye on BB for a lunch box edition.

Finally indeed. My favorite Pixar movie is of course the last to come out on blu ray. Lots of good deals near me for buying a living room set that come with a 3D tv. I have been nudging my wife towards getting one.
Thanks to cag, I have 5-6 3-D blu rays that I acquired on the cheap.

[quote name='sunnysky']I expect the price WILL drop. BUT not until the day AFTER release. when the coupon will no longer be offered.[/QUOTE]

According to Blu-Ray.com this coupon dies 6/7 so best to lock in now.

[quote name='Scorch']Opposite for me ~ this may be the release that finally pushes me to get a 3DTV.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. The amount of movies and games I have in 3d with no tv ifs just stupid! I keep buying the 3d movies knowing that I will have the equipment some day...

Thanks op.... and yes, FINALLY!!!!!!

It's this site that screws it up because of their affiliate redirects. Just copy and paste this:

Code:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/bluray/FINDING-NEMO-3D

[quote name='king9x']So can we expect Amazon to price match DD?[/QUOTE]

Not a snowball's chance in hell. Amazon doesn't even always price match the national retailers (BB, Target, TRU, Walmart) these days, so I would be absolutely shocked if they matched an internet retailer.

They matched Target's $27.99 price, those of you that got in on the $8 off promotion, make sure your order is down to $19.99.

Nebraska Furniture Mart AD $19.97 - $8 off instant pre-order = $11.97 - $5 off coupon = $6.97 (Not sure they'll let me use $5 off or not) But i happy even with $12 for 3D version ;)

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Since BB is matching all Internet Retailers I might pricematch NFM AD prices. :D[/QUOTE]

I don't think they pricematch ALL Internet retailers.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Nebraska Furniture Mart AD $19.97 - $8 off instant pre-order = $11.97 - $5 off coupon = $6.97 (Not sure they'll let me use $5 off or not) But i happy even with $12 for 3D version ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's not going to happen

[quote name='Scorch']They matched Target's $27.99 price, those of you that got in on the $8 off promotion, make sure your order is down to $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Amazon shipped my order out before the 27.99 drop. Are they pretty good at doing the automatic refund, or do I have to contact CS to get it?

[quote name='Hibiwa']Amazon shipped my order out before the 27.99 drop. Are they pretty good at doing the automatic refund, or do I have to contact CS to get it?[/QUOTE]

They're usually really good about it. You should get an email about getting the price difference back within 24 hours. If you don't, contact CS.

Looking forward to that email then. Had too many recent contacts with them on a couple of order problems so I don't want to get on their bad side.

Thanks.

bread's done
Back