(DEAD) Prometheus ticket for preordering it on Amazon

And yes, this sounds oddly familiar.

This is the same Amazon promotion as the "free MIB 3 ticket when you pre-order MIB 3 on Blu-Ray (3D combo or 2D combo) from Amazon", though for Prometheus. Limited to 5,000 this time around.

3D + 2D + DVD + DC Combo
2D + DVD + DC Combo

Promotional info link

Full terms & conditions:
[quote name='Prometheus movie ticket T&C']This promotion applies only to pre-order of the qualifying Blu-ray from Amazon.com. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers; if Amazon.com is not the seller, this will be noted on the product detail page. Limited to one reward code per customer. This promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel or modify it at any time. The promotion is not transferable, not exchangeable, and not redeemable for cash. Offer good while supplies last and available only to the first 5,000 customers who pre-order the Prometheus Blu-ray. Offer is void where prohibited. This offer will not be applied retroactively to previous purchases. To redeem your reward code and receive your Hollywood Movie Money® Certificate, go to http://www.activaterewards.com/prometheus and follow the instructions. You will be required to provide the reward code provided to you by Amazon, your name and your email address. Amazon is not responsible for the content on, operation of, or any other aspects of that website; we encourage you to carefully review the website’s privacy policy and terms of use before using the website or providing any personal information. Certain system requirements may apply; see http://www.activaterewards.com/prometheus

Certificate expires August 31, 2012 or until Prometheus is no longer in theaters (whichever comes first). Certificate is valid at participating theaters for one general admission seat (up to $10.00) to see Prometheus. If lost, cannot be replaced. Void if resold. No reproductions will be accepted. No change will be provided. Not valid with any other offer.

More about Hollywood Movie Money®: Hollywood Movie Money® has the largest theater network on the planet. The Hollywood Movie Money® Certificate is valid at all times at participating theaters. Hollywood Movie Money® is marketed by Quantum Loyalty Solutions, Inc. Issued by MetaBank™.[/quote]

Thanks OP. When I went to check out it told me right away that I would get the free ticket! I guess if it sucks I can cancel before the item ships...

Seems a safe bet it will be good though.

[quote name='shrike4242']Damn it, I hate being beaten to a deal post. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ha, yours was significantly better than mine. Should just merged mine into yours.

[quote name='Grammar Police']Ha, yours was significantly better than mine. Should just merged mine into yours.[/QUOTE]Time stamps had yours be the "master" post, though we still didn't need two threads. ;)

The detail in my post is why you beat me to it. ;)

Pre-order the disc release of a movie that hasn't come to theaters yet; get a free ticket to see said movie; then cancel the order of the disc if you don't like it? What an age we live in!

So it doesn't charge your card till it ships, right? Sweet deal if so. Now I just have to convince the wife to come see it with me, lol.

Nice I havent been to the movies this much in years.

[quote name='doubledown']Can I order two of these and get two tickets?[/QUOTE]
I guess if you have two accounts but I'd imagine its one per account

[quote name='mpaullin']So it doesn't charge your card till it ships, right? Sweet deal if so. Now I just have to convince the wife to come see it with me, lol.[/QUOTE]Correct, they won't charge until it ships.

[quote name='doubledown']Can I order two of these and get two tickets?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']I guess if you have two accounts but I'd imagine its one per account[/QUOTE]It is one per account.

[quote name='CorporateMan Punk']Has anyone received the coupon code yet?[/QUOTE]

I actually was just going to ask this, but I haven't received mine yet. It does say it might take up to 48 hrs and the promotion is being handled by a different company than the MIB3 offer (which took seconds to arrive.)

Huh. Interesting. I'll bite on this, with the hope that I can cancel the order if I don't like Prometheus. (And I really, really want to like Prometheus.)

Yesterday I almost preordered an imax ticket for the midnight screening next week. I'm glad I waited. I can wait a few more hours to see it in order to save $10 off the ticket. Thanks OP.

gonna wait till next week see if this is good then cancel. Heard not great things about MIB 3 so I cancelled that and not even gonna try and use the voucher, because werent people possibly having issues trying to use after cancelling?

So you can cancel if prometheus sucks? I'm really hoping it doesn't but I don't want to be comitted to it if its downright terrible

Did this for MIB 3, got the ticket, saw the movie, realized it wasn't good enough to own, then cancelled my pre-order. Same plan for Prometheus ;)

One question- the ticket is valid up to $10. It costs $13 to see a 3D movie here. I can just pay the extra 3 bucks, right? I want to see this in 3D.

Did anyone get their email yet? Or better question, what was the time frame between order and email for the MIB 3 promo?

[quote name='URMonkeyTron']Did anyone get their email yet? Or better question, what was the time frame between order and email for the MIB 3 promo?[/QUOTE]

The MIB3 code arrived a few seconds later. This one is taking forever, probably so people don't just cancel right away.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']The MIB3 code arrived a few seconds later. This one is taking forever, probably so people don't just cancel right away.[/QUOTE]

Really? My MIB III code came a day later.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Really? My MIB III code came a day later.[/QUOTE]

When did you do it? They probably staggered it out after they realized people were just abusing it.

My MIB 3 ticket came a day or two later as well...

MIB 3 wasn't that bad. In fact, it was a very fun movie that paid homage to the 1st film very well.

Matt Young: Yes just pay the extra money.

Yes you can cancel any order with Amazon regardless of the promotion.

I like these deals, just wish you could use the movie cash when purchasing tickets online, theater I go to has all reserved seating so if I wait until I get to the box office to purchase tickets I usually can't get good enough seats. I know, shouldn't complain about a free ticket, but it is what kept me from doing the MIB 3 deal.

Two benefits to this: 1) the free ticket of course and 2) the price is high enough to qualify for free shipping now, but will probably hit $20 before the actual release.

I wanna do this, but I'm planning to go to the local IMAX to see this, and I'm worried it'll be sold out if I wait until opening day to buy tickets in person.

Check your emails guys, I just got my code. I put in my order almost 12 hours ago, so that's not too bad of a turnaround. My MIBIII code came in just a few minutes.

I'll be checking them both out next weekend probably.

just got my code and yeah in terms and condition it does state that if return just for the promotional code they will charge $10 but since its amazon and we can cancel before they ship...if we dont like it...

I was planning on seeing this but the price is to high for the disc right now. I know it will lower but I just don't want to bother with it. I still don't even know what the movie is anyway but I want to see it. Is it an Alien prequal, a move of its own or is it based off of a book with the same name like a coworker of mine seems to think. Still looks like it is going to be a good movie. However the coupon only being for 10 bucks off I don't see working around here. I forgot how much more IMAX is but I know with the 3D being more than 10 it wont cover that and the places around here it seems to be hit and miss with getting them to not be dicks. Some times they will adjust the price most the time they will just say it is only for 10 and wont work.

I didn't see anything about the ticket when completing the order process on Amazon. Did anyone else see anything about the ticket other than on the link in the OP?

[quote name='Matt Young']One question- the ticket is valid up to $10. It costs $13 to see a 3D movie here. I can just pay the extra 3 bucks, right? I want to see this in 3D.[/QUOTE]

Yup. You just pay the extra $3 plus your own coke.

Thanks for the heads up got my ticket! Will probably cancel this order believe there is a Steelbook release which is bound to look sweeter then the Blue Case the we are getting lol !

[quote name='merchie89']gonna wait till next week see if this is good then cancel. Heard not great things about MIB 3 so I cancelled that and not even gonna try and use the voucher, because werent people possibly having issues trying to use after cancelling?[/QUOTE]

People were having issues but not because they cancelled their order. The tickets are issued from a bank and I am guessing the account they come from only has a certain amount of money in it. So when Amazon gives away way more tickets than they were supposed to it means those tickets are over drawing or whatever the account and won't work. Unless Amazon actually limits these tickets I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened. The Men in Black 3 tickets and the Lifelock Act of Valor tickets are the only ones I have ever had a problem with. Those were both from a promotion were they gave away a lot more than was intended.

[quote name='nateeasy29']So wait is my MIB3 ticket not going to be good when I try to use it?[/QUOTE]

Lots of people seem to be having problems with it. Some theaters will still take it anyway but yes there is a chance it won't work.

was anyone able to convert this movie ticket to a amazon gift card? I searched other forums and they seem to have problems with it too.

Well, ordered the 3D combo around 10am yesterday & still no code. I'll give it another day & then cancel. I'd have kept the order (as I did MIB3) if the ticket code had come through but with no code, fuck it.

[quote name='Mr.Phelps']Well, ordered the 3D combo around 10am yesterday & still no code. I'll give it another day & then cancel. I'd have kept the order (as I did MIB3) if the ticket code had come through but with no code, fuck it.[/QUOTE]

We did the same thing with the same intention of keeping the order as I fully expect to love the film. There was no confirmation anywhere in the order process and I never received a code. I will wait until Monday and if there is no code or update I will likely cancel.

bread's done
Back