Saints Row: The Third Collector's Edition dropped down to pre-owned price!

The website won't change the price and calling a store to look in the system for it won't give any results due to it being the used SKU and they are actually not supposed to sell it as new, but take it apart, toss out the bonuses, and sell just the game. Stupid I know, but that's GS.

[quote name='Envel']So how much is it?[/QUOTE]

Presumably $47.99 for consoles.

Edit: Removed continuously breaking link... >.>

It shows up 69.99 on their site.

47.99 isn't that great of a drop, but it's something(if in fact that's what it dropped to)

I believe this was clearanced at Toys 'R Us for $10, but not many got in on that. I know I didn't, no go on price-matching BB either.

Was thinking about getting the regular version at BB this sunday for $35 and using my B2G1 coupon, but might bust a gamestop trade and get this.

So is this new converted to used? Would love to PM this somehow but I highly doubt it.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Fail. It was like 20 bucks months ago.[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to be there are less then 100 TRU stores that regularly stock CE's, especially ones that aren't AAA. None of the TRU in my state had these period... let alone when they dropped to $9.99

So that somehow invalidates this deal? Get a grip, man.

[quote name='TooPoor']Looks like most gamestops around me don't even have this[/QUOTE]

Some might, but the website won't show them unless the stores have not yet updated their inventory to convert their copies to used. It is impossible to find a new->used convert by looking up a SKU/checking online.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm willing to be there are less then 100 TRU stores that regularly stock CE's, especially ones that aren't AAA. None of the TRU in my state had these period... let alone when they dropped to $9.99[/QUOTE]

You know what? I think he might be talking about the regular edition. Talk about fail.

[quote name='grrouchie']I have a best buy that has like 4 of these and I'm just waiting for them to finally drop[/QUOTE]
My local BBY's have a whole wall of them.

Where do you guys live that your GSes and BBYs have good CEs in stock? All mine has are the spider-wrap damaged AC Brotherhoods and other shit nobody wants.

OK, so the price listing on gamestop dot com is wrong but is the store locator accurate? If none show up in a 100 mi radius, is that correct?

update 1: the locator is NOT accurate since it was switched to used
update 2: Just researched the platinum edition. It only comes with a soundtrack, the genki dlc, and the crappy headphones? Even at $40, this isn't a good deal. Why not just wait until the inevitable GoTY?

name a THQ console game that has a goty version.
there might be one out there, but i can't think of any. only one off the top of my head is company of heroes and thats pc.

[quote name='PublikDefender'] Why not just wait until the inevitable GoTY?[/QUOTE]

Are the headphones really that bad ? Do they really use batteries ? If so for what purpose ?

Sorry for all the q's, just really curious about this, thought the headphones were functional not fodder.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Are the headphones really that bad ? Do they really use batteries ? If so for what purpose ?

Sorry for all the q's, just really curious about this, thought the headphones were functional not fodder.[/QUOTE]

I have them and was severely disappointed. They are 100% battery-powered by two AA, so no batteries, no worky. Sound quality is decent, and as far as the autotune goes, I never really got around to trying it out. And they don't work with the 360 without a 3.5mm -> 2.5mm adapter.

[quote name='sp00ge']I have them and was severely disappointed. They are 100% battery-powered by two AA, so no batteries, no worky. Sound quality is decent, and as far as the autotune goes, I never really got around to trying it out. And they don't work with the 360 without a 3.5mm -> 2.5mm adapter.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response, I guess I'll pass...

Fantastic Game. Just got the Plat. woot woot. Love the Soundtrack. Good Stuff.

also kinda spoiler, but the ending to this and max payne are almost identical! lol

Must be building a reputation around where I live lol
walked into GS, employee says "hey your the guy who always comes gets stuff moved to used right?"
After I respond, he pulls out saints row 3 CE and says "looking for this?"

Normally GS can be hit or miss, but can say that kind of customer service is awesome lol

Don't reproduce, thank you. Sincerely, Evolution.

Grr! I am tempted to take a trip and check. I want those autotune headphones no matter how much they suck lol

[quote name='Dark Rider']I might pick one up if I see it. I loved this game and shouldn't have sold it.[/QUOTE]

Totally in the same boat

UGH! I remember Toys R Us had it WAY cheaper. In fact, you could buy the regular edition for $29.99 from Best Buy in December 2011. I would have gotten it for $29.99, but I already traded for a $59.99 copy via eStarland.com a week before the temporary price drop.

[quote name='technicalstylez']name a THQ console game that has a goty version.
there might be one out there, but i can't think of any. only one off the top of my head is company of heroes and thats pc.[/QUOTE]

They did just release a "Wrestlemania" edition of WWE '12 with all the DLC included, although that was only in Europe. Outside of that, I can't really think of any THQ game that had enough DLC and was popular enough to justify a GOTY edition.

Well, when talking about a GOTY, I usually look at the history of the past games in the series as a meter.

The last 2 of Saints went platinum and if I remember right, part 2 (which had the most stuff) didn't come with any of that on disc. It was just the game.

I think at some point they even put both games into one pack and part 2 still didn't come with anything extra.

If you wanted the DLC, you had to download it.

So I don't think that the odds are good for a SR3 GOTY.

Technically....you could buy it...take all the DLC and headphones and return the game with the receipt and get your money back....if you wanted to wait for a better price drop...

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']At my gamestop the clerk refused to believe that there is a Saints Row the Third CE[/QUOTE]

yeah that employee is apparently not a very knowledgable GameStop employee....:dunce:

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']At my gamestop the clerk refused to believe that there is a Saints Row the Third CE[/QUOTE] or he was trying to look it up and the problem is that this is called the 'platinum edition' and not collectors. He could still be dumb but it may be a simple mistake

Last edited by a moderator:
This was $5 at Toys R Us not too long ago to clear out the leftovers... its not worth $30.. the headphones work on a regular headphone jack not the ps3 ... The game itself you can get cheaper too

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']This was $5 at Toys R Us not too long ago to clear out the leftovers... its not worth $30.. the headphones work on a regular headphone jack not the ps3 ... The game itself you can get cheaper too[/QUOTE]

It's already been stated that it was 9.99 (for PS3 only, at that) and maybe a handful of people got in on the deal, so please read the thread before coming in here and posting something totally irrelevant.

This may be bad information I went to a store that had 1 and it rang up 70 dollars. The clerk knew nothing about it being put to new used and the system ring it up as a collectors edition still.

[quote name='portnoyd']This may be bad information I went to a store that had 1 and it rang up 70 dollars. The clerk knew nothing about it being put to new used and the system ring it up as a collectors edition still.[/QUOTE]

To confirm....i work at GameStop and i know for 100% because i personally did the price drop..they wouldve gotten an email about it and price adjustments. That's why i posted this on here because my local GameStop that i work at had it on sale. GameStop has universal price drops so it isn't YMMV.

bread's done
Back