Hastings trade 3 games get extra $25 credit

bigdady

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Didn't see this on the site so i thought i would post. Hastings is giving an extra 25 credit if you trade in three games or 10 for two. I just traded in some crappy sports games and guitar hero and got the credit. Also you have to mention it during the trade in its not automatically added to the gift card they add it after. They told me at first you needed a coupon but there isn't one. No min value cause one of mine was 75 cents and no just make sure you ask about it or the cashier wont add it on. No it not in the ad its on their Facebook but little details given in store only.

My trades where tiger woods 06, perfect dark and rayman origins.

Last edited by a moderator:
More details on this would be great. Is there a minimum TIV for the 3 games like GS's $2 min? Do you have to a say a secret phrase like "Large Marge sent me." to get the deal? Is this in the ad? Are there any horse socks? Is anybody even listening to me?

From Hastings' Facebook:

It's GAME TIME at Hastings! This is a month-long celebration for the gamer in you. During Game Time, sell us your used Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 Video Games and earn more!

Sell us 2 games and receive an additional $10 credit

Sell us 3 games and receive an additional $25 credit

This is an in store offer only.
Its not very explicit about what games they'll take, but it sounds like if you trade in even three shit 360 or PS3 games worth very little, you'll get $25 on top of the TIV.

Someone will have to go in store to check it out, I suppose.

Now we just need to figure out the earliest year of sports games that qualify for this and if 6 games = $50.

Rock Band 1, Rock Band 2 and Dj Hero = $25? Hmmm, someone confirm please as I dont want to drive 30 minutes for this.

I'm looking at the fb page and can't find it either.... Would love to learn more about trading at Hastings... Never used them yet :p

Yes, can anyone else confirm this? Also, can I trade in 6 in the same transaction and get $50 extra or am I going to have to split it up?

Still not seeing this mythical deal on their facebook page. Maybe the resident GoHastings rep on CAG saw this thread, knows how we roll, and was like "pull this deal down ASAP!"

[quote name='kodave']Jeez you guys are dense when it comes to Facebook. Its on their page, month of May on the new FB Timeline. You have to click like "See More Recent Stories" twice. It was posted May 25th. It's also in their photo album. Here is what I think is a permalink to it: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...a.10150621724198282.399658.79328363281&type=1[/QUOTE]

We all assumed the deal for the month of June that just surfaced today, the first of June, would be one of the most recent posts listed under June rather than having to scour the archives of May through Snow White ads and free shipping on stuff that isn't games.

Thanks for the detective work though.

In my defense, I went through all of may and April earlier and didn't find it....
However, I do see it now... The store here though totally has no knowledge of this offer

Thanks. No hassle at all with the local store. Just need the game and original case. Only 1 gift card per visit though.

[quote name='YEAHBUDDY']Thanks. No hassle at all with the local store. Just need the game and original case. Only 1 gift card per visit though.[/QUOTE]

What games did you trade?

Guitar hero Iv, condemned 2, WWe 08, Singularity, and Skate 2. (a little over $40 altogether) They do reject junk trades, so old sports titles may not be worth anything.

Ugh! Such a great deal. If only I had one in the area. This easily outclasses the Target one, which I was able to use but still spent a decent bit out of pocket. Here it's like a a magic train!

[quote name='kodave']I suspect this thread will become the new Microcenter Trade In Thread for this month.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking a little less activity because B&M Hastings stores are non-existent on the East coast. But if this works out for people activity should still be pretty high.

Such a great deal for those who can get it! I'm so jealous :p

If your local store won't honor the deal, I'd contact Hastings through their Facebook page. This kind of thing happens a lot with Hastings (the local stores having no knowledge about in-store deals announced on Facebook), and it's annoying as hell.

[quote name='duderanch']If your local store won't honor the deal, I'd contact Hastings through their Facebook page. This kind of thing happens a lot with Hastings (the local stores having no knowledge about in-store deals announced on Facebook), and it's annoying as hell.[/QUOTE]

Way ahead of you I left a message as soon as I left the b&m

Yeah, Hasting's usually does this deal about once or twice per year. If you are fortunate/unfortunate enough to have one of their quirky little stores in your area, it is definitely the time of year to stock up on cheap credit. It is a common occurrence that B&M stores are ill-informed of deals like this, though, so going through FB for some help might be a good solution. The system and computers in general that Hastings uses in their stores are literally archaic, DOS-based monsters, so they are almost never programmed to have deals like this automatically included in transactions, like a lot of stores. 95% of the time, for an additional promotion like this, they will have a 2nd barcode that will be sent to the store, and they can scan that to give you the additional credit (once you've met the trade in terms/limits). As I said before, almost like clockwork, you can count on the local store not having the barcode, and/or even being aware of the promotion, but usually a call from a DM or corporate and a quick fax can solve the problem.

Hope this helps some of you not used to dealing with this store. I look forward to taking part in this deal again myself, but dread having to go through the whole hoopla of explaining things to them in-store. Hopefully it will be in their weekly ad tomorrow.

[quote name='sgaldis']Yeah, Hasting's usually does this deal about once or twice per year. If you are fortunate/unfortunate enough to have one of their quirky little stores in your area, it is definitely the time of year to stock up on cheap credit. It is a common occurrence that B&M stores are ill-informed of deals like this, though, so going through FB for some help might be a good solution. The system and computers in general that Hastings uses in their stores are literally archaic, DOS-based monsters, so they are almost never programmed to have deals like this automatically included in transactions, like a lot of stores. 95% of the time, for an additional promotion like this, they will have a 2nd barcode that will be sent to the store, and they can scan that to give you the additional credit (once you've met the trade in terms/limits). As I said before, almost like clockwork, you can count on the local store not having the barcode, and/or even being aware of the promotion, but usually a call from a DM or corporate and a quick fax can solve the problem.

Hope this helps some of you not used to dealing with this store. I look forward to taking part in this deal again myself, but dread having to go through the whole hoopla of explaining things to them in-store. Hopefully it will be in their weekly ad tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Wish CAG had +rep :)!

[quote name='sgaldis']Yeah, Hasting's usually does this deal about once or twice per year. If you are fortunate/unfortunate enough to have one of their quirky little stores in your area, it is definitely the time of year to stock up on cheap credit. It is a common occurrence that B&M stores are ill-informed of deals like this, though, so going through FB for some help might be a good solution. The system and computers in general that Hastings uses in their stores are literally archaic, DOS-based monsters, so they are almost never programmed to have deals like this automatically included in transactions, like a lot of stores. 95% of the time, for an additional promotion like this, they will have a 2nd barcode that will be sent to the store, and they can scan that to give you the additional credit (once you've met the trade in terms/limits). As I said before, almost like clockwork, you can count on the local store not having the barcode, and/or even being aware of the promotion, but usually a call from a DM or corporate and a quick fax can solve the problem.

Hope this helps some of you not used to dealing with this store. I look forward to taking part in this deal again myself, but dread having to go through the whole hoopla of explaining things to them in-store. Hopefully it will be in their weekly ad tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
This sums up the B&M aspect of Hastings pretty well. It's funny how they were cutting edge, and state of the art, as far as retail establishments go, when I first stepped foot in a Hastings about 20 years ago.. and today they still have the same computers with orange font on a dark green screen and the same point of sale software that they did back then.

It seems they have already altered the deal so that it now requires at least $15 worth of trade-ins to get the $25 card.

I was just there about an hour ago and did hot wheels, greenday rockband and gears of war came too like 5 bucks and still got the 25

I stopped in my local hastings earlier and I noticed the promo was mentioned on the back of one of those little ad booklets they usually have at the front of the store. I'll probably go back tomorrow and try to trade in a couple games.

The receipt doesn't list individual trade-in values (and I didn't ask what they were), but I traded in Crackdown, Dead Rising, and Homefront and it would have normally only been $8 in store credit. So, to get a total of $33 is pretty nice.

YMMV on it, but I've done three buy backs for the extra $25 at each of the 3 Hastings stores in town, here, and at each one I've traded in games that were not 360, ps3, or wii, and it hasn't been an issue. The ad says it has to be one of those systems, and the coupon they scan at the register says that too, but it doesn't check. They scan in the code for the extra $25 after they've already finished the transaction, as a second transaction.

So, unless you get the one guy who's a huge stickler for the rules, it shouldn't be a problem to trade in ds, 3ds, psp, or ps2 games for the bonus.

ok, so this definitely works in Abilene TX. Traded in 15 games today, but don't know what I am going to do with all the credit. I have like $150, so I guess I can wait for a good sale or something.

I traded in Turok, Dead Rising, and Dark Sector all for 360 and got the bonus. Sadly enough, Lost Planet Colonies Edition for 360 did not work so I wasn't able to trade that. But Lara Croft Tomb Raider Legend and Duke Nukem Forever for 360 worked and the guy said I could just trade them next time. I'll have to find a couple more game to trade in for tomorrow. This is such an awesome deal to clear your backlog.

Can some of you guys post the TIV you are getting? You have to have the real case don't you? No bby or gs cases accepted? I have a bby Conan I would love to dump.

[quote name='mrclutch']Can some of you guys post the TIV you are getting? You have to have the real case don't you? No bby or gs cases accepted? I have a bby Conan I would love to dump.[/QUOTE]

Not really. I know that for nine games I got $19.60 which included $6 bonus. Earlier they gave me like like 10 for 6 games, including bonus. But they were just lumped. I can look for my receipts to give you the names of the games, but its just a list.

bread's done
Back