Heroes of Ruin (3DS) $29.99 @ Amazon.com

sultangaming

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Ruin-N...0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1338606596&sr=1-12

61Jb5ZBxgsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

People asked, and they recieve I guess.

:)

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']nice, thanks op.[/QUOTE]
No problem. Saw someone asking for this in the Theatrythm thread, and looked on Amazon. Low and behold, they really did the price match.

Man that's terrible cover art.
Game has yet to show me anything interesting aside from online play. Gonna have to wait for reviews and impressions.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Wow wasn't even planning on getting this on launch but Amazon usually has a way of changing my plans.[/QUOTE]
This. I sold my old 3DS to my little brother. Don't think I am getting a new one until my Birthday. Long story short, gonna steal his and buy this anyway. :lol:

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Can someone give me the pitch on this game?[/QUOTE]
From what I understand:
-Co-op RPG
-Battling
-Loot
-Easy character customization

[quote name='sultangaming']From what I understand:
-Co-op RPG
-Battling
-Loot
-Easy character customization[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. That sounds cool, I guess.

Dungeon Siege/Baldurs Gate/Diablo/Norrath loot clone.

Thanks OP, been waiting for this to pop. Makes July alot easier, freaking Square and 3DS is killing me in July. KH 3DS, Theaterhythm FF and Heroes of Ruin. And then they announced the Mastery edition for KH, freaking Square doesn't know how to space their games.

Not available for me either. I can wait 2-3 days, since I will be borrowing my brother's 3DS. I won't get my own until August, but I still get to play in July so it will be cool.

Yeah it was me bumping the Theatrhythm thread asking for people to help get it price matched.

Cancelled my Toysrus order and will now save the tax money getting it from Amazon. Plus I have some credit so hell yeah more cash in my pocket!

Better be quick because Theatrhythm is back to $40 on Amazon.

Yep, get it while you can. I missed out on Theatrhythm and KH3D deals already. Also Lollipop Chainsaw on Amazon and Gravity Rush on Newegg. No longer am I waiting if I want something.

Got an order placed for this now as well! Happy Amazon finally matched the Toys R Us prices (if only temporary). Now I'll probably end up using the 20 I saved from this and Theatrythm to buy the special edition of Kingdom Hearts lol.

[quote name='slidecage']i fear i smell another

DAWN OF HEROES game

(what looked very good but turned out to be very bad)[/QUOTE]

Nah...this game is nothing like Dawn of Heroes, they arent even the same genre.

Heroes of Ruin will be one hell of a hack n slasher.

i wonder if anyone ever made a faq for heroes.... it wasnt a very bad game (well for 30 it was) for the 8 or so it cost today its a nice grab... but the major pain in the ass was you had to guess what you needed to unlock some of the levels (no clues no nothing)

wow i take that back after looking that game has some major game busting bugs in it..(items just disappear)

i got it day 1 i think sold it for 80% of my cash

still have one more copy sealed

Has anyone been able to select release-day shipping? The product info page says it's available, but there's no option to select it at checkout. I had no trouble selecting release-day delivery for Theatrhythm, so I'm hoping it's just a temporary glitch. However, I don't wait to wait too long and have them put the price back to normal like they did with Theatrhythm.

[quote name='Zbornak']Has anyone been able to select release-day shipping? The product info page says it's available, but there's no option to select it at checkout. I had no trouble selecting release-day delivery for Theatrhythm, so I'm hoping it's just a temporary glitch. However, I don't wait to wait too long and have them put the price back to normal like they did with Theatrhythm.[/QUOTE]

well if it does go back to normal price and has release day delivery just got into chat and they will fix it

Sorry to seemingly bump an old thread, but this deal is still live and I just bit. Can't wait to get it as it looks like a blast!

[quote name='rex kwon do']Sorry to seemingly bump an old thread, but this deal is still live and I just bit. Can't wait to get it as it looks like a blast![/QUOTE]

I have it preordered but there should be some reviews soon since it just came out in Europe. Nintendo power uk gave it an 8 out of 10.

Diablo, any other hack/slash/loot game.
3D graphics.
Portable.

What else needs to be said?

[quote name='Tygamr']Sorry about that.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it - I've done it myself ;).

wondering if i should snag this now or wait a few months to see if it hits $20 bucks. I havent been watching 3DS prices since i still havent opened my Zelda LE systems i got around Xmas =P Any chance of it dropping to $20 anytime soon? Are 3DS prices in general dropping or do they stay around MSRP for quite a while?

^_^x KD

This game is getting trashed pretty hard in the few reviews I read. The concept and all the features going into it sound really great but reviews suggest that the execution is pretty lacking. I wasn't expecting Diablo III skill depth or anything but people complain about the equip system being cumbersome, unresponsive controls, etc. It makes the game sound pretty frustrating.

I'm going to do a little more research before deciding whether to cancel my pre-order, but just wanted to give a heads up.

[quote name='metaly']This game is getting trashed pretty hard in the few reviews I read. The concept and all the features going into it sound really great but reviews suggest that the execution is pretty lacking. I wasn't expecting Diablo III skill depth or anything but people complain about the equip system being cumbersome, unresponsive controls, etc. It makes the game sound pretty frustrating.

I'm going to do a little more research before deciding whether to cancel my pre-order, but just wanted to give a heads up.[/QUOTE]

Good lookin' out. Yeah, I'm also seriously reconsidering whether or not to cancel my preorder now...

[quote name='metaly']This game is getting trashed pretty hard in the few reviews I read. The concept and all the features going into it sound really great but reviews suggest that the execution is pretty lacking. I wasn't expecting Diablo III skill depth or anything but people complain about the equip system being cumbersome, unresponsive controls, etc. It makes the game sound pretty frustrating.

I'm going to do a little more research before deciding whether to cancel my pre-order, but just wanted to give a heads up.[/QUOTE]

I get more a "mediocre" than "bad" vibe from the reviews. With 22 reviews, HoR has a Metacritic score of 72, with a high of 90 and a low of 55. The main complaint I've seen is lack of content. The campaign is supposed to be short and there's no New Game+ or difficulty levels.

Just a heads up, with this coming out tomorrow I checked on my Amazon order today that I had with my Prime 2-Day (Release Day) Shipping, and they changed the estimate from the 17th to the 20th (Friday). Not really sure why this happened, but it did. Spoke with a CSR over live chat and he changed the shipping speed to 1-day and I'm now expecting it (again) to come tomorrow. You may want to check your orders within the next 9 hours as that's the cutoff time to get your order tomorrow with 1-day.

[quote name='Kenshindono']wondering if i should snag this now or wait a few months to see if it hits $20 bucks. I havent been watching 3DS prices since i still havent opened my Zelda LE systems i got around Xmas =P Any chance of it dropping to $20 anytime soon? Are 3DS prices in general dropping or do they stay around MSRP for quite a while?

^_^x KD[/QUOTE]

It'll drop back down to 30 long before it hits 20. 3ds games tend to keep their value aside from the launch ones and they rarely hit 50% off in a timely fashion. If anything, I'd say this is worth a rental more than a full purchase.

[quote name='Link2999']Just a heads up, with this coming out tomorrow I checked on my Amazon order today that I had with my Prime 2-Day (Release Day) Shipping, and they changed the estimate from the 17th to the 20th (Friday). Not really sure why this happened, but it did. Spoke with a CSR over live chat and he changed the shipping speed to 1-day and I'm now expecting it (again) to come tomorrow. You may want to check your orders within the next 9 hours as that's the cutoff time to get your order tomorrow with 1-day.[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped yesterday - so I'd expect it tomorrow I guess. I ordered it when it first dropped to $29.99 on Amazon and have Prime.

[quote name='io']Mine shipped yesterday - so I'd expect it tomorrow I guess. I ordered it when it first dropped to $29.99 on Amazon and have Prime.[/QUOTE]

Ya I ordered mine in May; glad it was isolated though. Still waiting for the 1-day to ship, but delivery estimate is still tomorrow for me.

[quote name='Link2999']Ya I ordered mine in May; glad it was isolated though. Still waiting for the 1-day to ship, but delivery estimate is still tomorrow for me.[/QUOTE]

Same here

I had an order placed from a while ago and actually just got a copy from Amazon in the mail today, problem is I'm not 100% sure I want it yet since I've been hearing a few amount of complaints about it, but I guess I have a while to think before returning/selling it.

From what I played, it was very boring. If you have a Vita, wait for the Ragnarok game. Better gameplay, graphics, and controls.

Though the latter is still a little boring.

I liked the Demo and it's not as bad as some people are making it out to be. Basically, if you like the genre, you should like the game well enough. Would benefit from dual sticks and a few minor tweaks though. On a side note, hurry up and ship mine Amazon!

Yeah, I probably would have canceled mine based on the recent buzz about it. But for one, well, I forgot ;). But also, I'm going to PAX and I could use a nice StreetPass game since I've never really gotten into that much. Maybe I can get some nice stuff for the game at least. I guess I should probably start playing Mario Kart soon too.

[quote name='io']Yeah, I probably would have canceled mine based on the recent buzz about it. But for one, well, I forgot ;). But also, I'm going to PAX and I could use a nice StreetPass game since I've never really gotten into that much. Maybe I can get some nice stuff for the game at least. I guess I should probably start playing Mario Kart soon too.[/QUOTE]

Kinda forgot about mine too.....lol.

bread's done
Back