Deep Discount Bi-annual sale- 25% off

robdees

CAGiversary!
I know they have fallen out of favor around here, but DeepDiscount has started their once eagerly awaited bi-annual sale. There are usually several codes but "25MORE" would get you started. If I recall, shipping is usually about $1 on dvds/blus.

www.deepdiscount.com

Everything i want is out of stock. Not gonna bother ordering since I've had two movies on backorder with them for going on a year now.

The sale was great for the first few hours if anyone was looking to buy Criterion. I bought some Blus for around $15-17 each.

So sad these sales used to bring so much excitement and anticipation. Saddens me to see how downhill they have gone

[quote name='kklems']So sad these sales used to bring so much excitement and anticipation. Saddens me to see how downhill they have gone[/QUOTE]
Sadly, they've become the flattest DD's on the internet.

Ok, so i lied. I used both codes 25more and connect to get Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole 3D a little less than $17 shipped. Hopefully it doesn't get either cancelled or take 6 months to ship.

[quote name='kklems']So sad these sales used to bring so much excitement and anticipation. Saddens me to see how downhill they have gone[/QUOTE]

Once upon a time their 20% off sales would get pages and pages of blind buys with people ordering crap left and right even though they still hadn't opened some of their DVDs from the previous sale. :lol:

Now it's 25% and not even a deal anymore. And their customer service is godawful. Not sure what the company that bought them out was thinking.

Thanks to the CONNECT code, I was able to snag Office Space on blu ray for under $5. Not a tremendous deal by any means...but a movie I'd been wanting to pick up in high def for awhile. And DD has already marked it as shipped too. Given the state the company is in now, I'll take what I can get, lol.

[quote name='fight_the_youth']Dragon Tattoo Trilogy Blu-ray
https://www.deepdiscount.com/bluray/DRAGON-TATTOO-TRILOGY

List Price: $79.95
Price: $51.25
Use coupon 25more to make it $38.44
Use coupon connect to make final price $33.44

Every now and than you can find a good deal[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I ended up picking this up. I've been wanting the Extended version since it came out and couldn't pass up this price.

Has anybody used CONNECT more than once? Is it once per account? With the 25% off there are a lot of Blu's that are around $10, so the $5 makes for some okay deals (like the aforementioned Office Space for $5, and I'm looking at Edward Scissorhands for $6).

CONNECT coupon code appears to be once per account. DD wouldn't let me use it on a second order.

Wow. My fastest turn around time from DD, ever. Got my Legends Of The Guardians 3D, mentioned a few posts above, in only 4 days. Maybe they're trying to turn things around.

I was trying to figure out why everyone seemed to be complaining about the "sale"... until I realized that the sale prices already included the 25% off code. Eesh.

I picked up an anime S.A.V.E. set I've been meaning to get on the 4th, and it arrived the 7th. It even shipped from CA to IL. I was expecting to wait at least a week...

Damn I don't feel like ordering now that the $5 off code expired. Still Tekken and The Protector are cheaper there than anywhere else.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']DVD Planet now has their 20% off sale going... but everything on my wishlist went up by at least 25%.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, you're not kidding, they *really* jacked up their prices on everything. fuck that shit.

I looked at 8 different discs on DVD Planet's current 20% sale, and after factoring in possible shipping costs from Amazon versus possible free shipping from DVD Planet, the best total price including shipping I could find on DVD Planet was only a dollar less than Amazon's total price on the same item. I found discs on DVD Planet even including the 20% discount that are still higher than Amazon seller price plus shipping. Conclusion: definitely not a 20% discount sale worth my time or money.

I always seem to be here on the days that these sales die. Oh well. DD may of been crap to a few of you in the past, but I got a lot of my Bandai anime shows from here for dirt cheap... even if I did have to wait forever, lol.

Deep Discount is a joke. They screwed up my order, so I call to ask about returning the item. And the said it can be returned, but at your cost. So they make the mistake, but I pay for it. No wonder Deep Discount is going under. FYI I ordered the domestic version of the Lethal Weapon box set, and they send me the import version.

[quote name='srviver104']Deep Discount is a joke. They screwed up my order, so I call to ask about returning the item. And the said it can be returned, but at your cost. So they make the mistake, but I pay for it. No wonder Deep Discount is going under. FYI I ordered the domestic version of the Lethal Weapon box set, and they send me the import version.[/QUOTE]If they sent you the wrong item like you mentioned above, it's their mistake and their cost to return ship it back to them for return. You shouldn't have to pay for their mistake.

bread's done
Back