- - - - -

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3098 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#5551 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2964 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

so today i noticed i got a coupon from gamer unlocked a buy 2 new games get one free. Anyone know if best buy will PM the TRU deal ( should I get the $10 off one new game or buy 2 get $30 off ?) and then use the coupon of buy2 get 1 free. I would be getting halo 4, black ops 2, and 1 more. I dont know which one yet..

O.o

Where's that? Is that the welcome packet?

#5552 K1NG J0RDAN   I Am The One Who KNOCKS! CAGiversary!   215 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

K1NG J0RDAN

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

I preordered online at 9:41pm for store pickup, and I haven't gotten anything about it being ready for pickup. Can I still go up there and get it at midnight if I print the receipt out?
Posted Image

Hardcore Gamer :D

#5553 tachido   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

O.o

Where's that? Is that the welcome packet?

umm not sure.. it came in a blacked out envelope and had 4 coupons inside.
i can upload pics later. I'm not at home. and I don't even know when i got it but its new so maybe everyone should be getting one too?

#5554 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2964 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

umm not sure.. it came in a blacked out envelope and had 4 coupons inside.
i can upload pics later. I'm not at home. and I don't even know when i got it but its new so maybe everyone should be getting one too?

Oh yeah, prob the welcome packet. I'm waiting for that. When did you sign up for GCU?

#5555 tachido   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

Oh yeah, prob the welcome packet. I'm waiting for that. When did you sign up for GCU?

i signed up on the 19th of august. Glad it came at the perfect time for the fall games! :bouncy:

#5556 PimpLimp   Pimpin Aint Easy CAGiversary!   1464 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

PimpLimp

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:08 AM

Yes, the coupon he is talking about is one of four that comes in the Welcome Packet. It usually takes 6-8 weeks to arrive.

#5557 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2964 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

i signed up on the 19th of august. Glad it came at the perfect time for the fall games! :bouncy:

Yes, the coupon he is talking about is one of four that comes in the Welcome Packet. It usually takes 6-8 weeks to arrive.

Dang...that's soooooooooooooooooooo long...maybe some of the new games now might be lower in price by that time :)

thanks

#5558 s2k   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:22 AM

Everything went smooth at my best buy. picked up the HE, got a free can of nos, 2 gamer grub snack bags, poster, and black ops 2 patch.

#5559 Lord Hamm   Give me a Dollar! CAGiversary!   1052 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Lord Hamm

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

Is it a nice poster like the BL2 cardboard double sided one or cheap like a regular paper poster?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5560 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2964 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Everything went smooth at my best buy. picked up the HE, got a free can of nos, 2 gamer grub snack bags, poster, and black ops 2 patch.

not bad

Got poster, regular copy of Blops 2, and codes for Microsoft points and live?

...if that's true, i shoulda gone out

#5561 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2964 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

Its true. 1 month of live. Not sure how many points.

Oh and nuke town 2025. Still got and didn't pre order.

So, first run copies coming w/ nuketown 2025 is confirmed?

#5562 s2k   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

Is it a nice poster like the BL2 cardboard double sided one or cheap like a regular paper poster?

its the cheap paper poster.

#5563 Lord Hamm   Give me a Dollar! CAGiversary!   1052 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Lord Hamm

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

its the cheap paper poster.

Damn

I was hoping it was frame worthy like the BL2 one I got
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5564 jcp42877   Semper Fortis CAGiversary!   2902 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:49 AM

Although lame...I still think I got the best swag when I preordered a month ago:

iPhone 4 case and baseball cap.

I don't even think this was on the list of eligible giveaway swag, but rather employee exclusive swag that the game guy have me since he's always the one dealing with me.
Posted Image

#5565 dudejeff22   Boned CAGiversary!   483 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

So...

1000 bonus points hit after 30 days...

Holiday return policy policy is honored until Jan. 24....

#5566 Alkalinejoe   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   412 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Alkalinejoe

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:06 AM

My AC3 preorder dlc code randomly got e-mailed to me today. Completely forgot about it, at least I don't have to give CS another call.
Currently playing:
:360: Dragon's Dogma
:ps3: Bioshock Infinite
:wii: The Last Story
:gc: None
:ps2: .hack//Mutation

XBL: Aerogenji
PSN: Aerogambit

#5567 jcp42877   Semper Fortis CAGiversary!   2902 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

So...

*peter griffin voice*

Go on...
Posted Image

#5568 joeyshadows   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1621 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

joeyshadows

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Actually kind of happy that I went to Best Buys midnight launch. I ended up winning a pair of turtle beach headphones, got a shirt, 2 posters, patch, and a lot of nos and gamer grub.

#5569 InvaderZim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1284 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

InvaderZim

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

Actually kind of happy that I went to Best Buys midnight launch. I ended up winning a pair of turtle beach headphones, got a shirt, 2 posters, patch, and a lot of nos and gamer grub.

I also won a pair of turtle beach headphones and a poster. It was a good time, sort of a married guys night out for me and my coworkers... Haha...

#5570 htz  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Got to play on an 80 inch projector in the magnolia theatre section of black ops 2 zombies. Also played multiplayer on an LG 3D tv.

• Got 1 month hulu plus subscription
  • black ops 2 patch
  • 160 MS Points card
  • LG 3d glasses
  • Gamer Grub branded snacks
  • black ops 2 poster
After all said and done, 5 minutes after I walked out of best buy I got my $50 offer and $25 offer from Amex for doing the halo 4 promo. Overall great night for me. Posted Image

#5571 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2964 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

So...

But...i think people say your point total goes into the negatives. I like your thinking, however.

I also won a pair of turtle beach headphones and a poster. It was a good time, sort of a married guys night out for me and my coworkers... Haha...

Dang, at that rate, everyone gets free Turtle Beaches! Were they the Black Ops 2 Turtle Beaches or the regular ones?

#5572 AirMcLaren   Trophy Whore CAGiversary!   244 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

Trying to figure out why I preordered this...

Me and my buddy get to my BB (Springfield, MO) at 11:15pm and the line is already fairly long. We are told by the greeter that preorders are to go straight to the regular checkout stations. I think, "Good, we don't have to wait in that line."

...I'm wrong.

We have to wait in the FIRST line (which isn't very long) to (I guess) verify our preorders. My buddy's CSR tells him she doesn't know how to do online preorders (then why are you working tonight?). I show my order number and the CSR verifies and prints my physical receipt to pick up my copy. Then my buddy goes to the same CSR and gets his as well. Meanwhile, the other line has gotten massive in the last 10 minutes. We move further with our receipts and are back at the main entrance. At this point, the main greeter tells us that we are now supposed to go to the back of the main line (non preorders)...

WHAT?!

Why preorder then? Why is there ONE LINE to get your copy of the game? I would think that there would be two lines, where at the end of each you get your copy. One for preorders, one for non-preorders. Why there weren't copies of the game at the end of the first line we had to wait in is beyond me. We are currently in a line that's snaking all throughout the BB store. And by preordering, are now ridiculously further back than we would have been.

I realize that this release night would be busy either way, but not separating the lines makes zero sense to me. And to have to wait LONGER makes even less sense. Anyone else experience this?

I'll also add that I'm GCU Unlocked so I get the $20 RZ...but what if I wasn't? Guy in front of me thought it would at least be worth it for the Nuketown 2025 map but turns out everyone gets it as more of an "early adopter" perk than a preorder bonus. Codes are in the case.
Posted Image

#5573 htz  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Dang, at that rate, everyone gets free Turtle Beaches! Were they the Black Ops 2 Turtle Beaches or the regular ones?

Yeah they were, I had a guy standing in front of me who won that and the guy behind me won the Fus1on controller. I only got a hulu plus 1 month subscription card. :cry:

#5574 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2964 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

Yeah they were, I had a guy standing in front of me who won that and the guy behind me won the Fus1on controller. I only got a hulu plus 1 month subscription card. :cry:

Wow...that's terrible luck.

Any thoughts on the game?

#5575 joeyshadows   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1621 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

joeyshadows

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

But...i think people say your point total goes into the negatives. I like your thinking, however.

Ps Vita/Smartphone ones. I haven't opened them, but the box is a BLOPS 2 limited edition. http://www.bestbuy.c...beach&cp=1&lp=4

#5576 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2964 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

Ps Vita/Smartphone ones. I haven't opened them, but the box is a BLOPS 2 limited edition. http://www.bestbuy.c...beach&cp=1&lp=4

Oh, I thought they were the ones for gaming. Still not bad. 8-)

#5577 cancerman1120   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8094 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago   Has been playing Half-Life 2
Xbox

cancerman1120

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

Yeah I missed out on the swag but I hate crowds so I decided to just stay home. I will pick it up in the morning.

#5578 tachido   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

How do i get best buy to PM the TRU deal buy 2 get $30 off do i print out the page or tell them to check online??

#5579 htz  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

Wow...that's terrible luck.

Any thoughts on the game?

Another guy in front of him won black ops branded ear-buds.
Guy in front of me won the turtle beach headset.
I won hulu plus 1 month sub.
Guy Behind me won Fus1ion controller.

The funny thing is there was a handful of big prizes and majority of the big prizes went to the 3 guys around me. Either I just have bad luck or I give good luck to people around me. :drool: The other big prize was a hardened edition 360 copy which went to someone in the middle of the line. The line was also pretty big so I'm kind of happy I got at least something for free out of the raffle. I already got tons of swag from target earlier anyways.

I haven't played my copy yet cause I'm hungry and tired right now. But from what I have played of zombies it was fun, the multiplayer plays like any other COD (I notice most of the maps are small like nuketownish but don't know if it was pure luck of the map rotations I played).

#5580 IamPro   ۞_۞ CAGiversary!   928 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:51 AM

Another guy in front of him won black ops branded ear-buds.
Guy in front of me won the turtle beach headset.
I won hulu plus 1 month sub.
Guy Behind me won Fus1ion controller.

The funny thing is there was a handful of big prizes and majority of the big prizes went to the 3 guys around me. Either I just have bad luck or I give good luck to people around me. :drool: The other big prize was a hardened edition 360 copy which went to someone in the middle of the line. The line was also pretty big so I'm kind of happy I got at least something for free out of the raffle. I already got tons of swag from target earlier anyways.

I haven't played my copy yet cause I'm hungry and tired right now. But from what I have played of zombies it was fun, the multiplayer plays like any other COD (I notice most of the maps are small like nuketownish but don't know if it was pure luck of the map rotations I played).

Statically u are 'lucky' you won something (ran above expected value; usually u wont win shit), prob an anomaly that the ppl won around u is all.

As far as being in that situation, I'd be annoyed just bc I'd prob feel entitled even if I know I wasn't mathematically lol