Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so, every game I pre order and Purchase I will get a $20 gift card? For example i buy madden 13, and get a $20 card, then later, i buy AC III and get another $20?? or is it just for one title

[quote name='mgorsi']ok so, every game I pre order and Purchase I will get a $20 gift card? For example i buy madden 13, and get a $20 card, then later, i buy AC III and get another $20?? or is it just for one title[/QUOTE]

"Limit one award per member per title."

[quote name='dino88']"Limit one award per member per title."[/QUOTE]

damn it, I will still pre order 2 games.

[quote name='mgorsi']ok so, every game I pre order and Purchase I will get a $20 gift card? For example i buy madden 13, and get a $20 card, then later, i buy AC III and get another $20?? or is it just for one title[/QUOTE]

Fine print:
Eligible Gamers Club Unlocked members will receive 1,000 Reward Zone points (worth $20 reward certificate) per qualified purchase. Limit one award per member per title.

I interpret this as if you buy 1 copy of each qualifying game, you get 1000 reward zone points. IF that is the case, I will buy every one of these titles, keep the ones I want, sell the rest and do the follow-up price match when they inevitably drop in price.

That's a damn fine deal on AC3 and Halo 4. Looks like I wonder if Best Buy will have a midnight opening for either of those games...

[quote name='abhinav']That's a damn fine deal on AC3 and Halo 4. Looks like I wonder if Best Buy will have a midnight opening for either of those games...[/QUOTE]

I'm 100% positive Halo 4 will. Hard to say about AC3..

[quote name='mgorsi']damn it, I will still pre order 2 games.[/QUOTE]

Why "damn it"? You'll get the $20 cert for both games. "per title"

My plan to get 3 games at $40 each on release day.

Picked up max payne 3, and got $20 GC, next pick up Madden 13 for $40, get another $20. Then pick up AC3 or Halo for $40. not bad I guess. Last year, we got $20 back for 5 titles ($100 for buying 5 games) this year we get $20 back on 3 titles, which is a let down.

[quote name='dino88']Why "damn it"? You'll get the $20 cert for both games. "per title"[/QUOTE]

i wanted it like last year, get $20 back on every title I purchase. (remember get $100 for buying 5 titles.

This is the reason why I don't bother converting my credit to Amazon anymore. I love you BB. I'm in for AC3, Borderlands 2, RE6 and maybe MOH. With the added 60 day PM ability for silver members this is a no brainer for me.

[quote name='mgorsi']i wanted it like last year, get $20 back on every title I purchase. (remember get $100 for buying 5 titles.[/QUOTE]

what don't you understand? any of those games you preorder and purchase you get a $20 gift card. pre-order + purchase = giftcard you can do this with any of the games

Nice. I got in on the $20 gift card Max Payne deal hoping they'd do more of these. Although, I'm a little disappointed that they are going back to the RZ certificate crap instead of the gift cards. At least they can be chained. That's a hell of a lot better than the $100 deal last year.

Hopefully they add more games. AC3 and RE6 are the only games there that seem worth pre-ordering, but I'd rather take my chances and try to get AC3 for $20 a few months later. I'd like to see Hitman added. And GTAV if it ends up releasing this year.

[quote name='Namerson']what don't you understand? any of those games you preorder and purchase you get a $20 gift card. pre-order + purchase = giftcard you can do this with any of the games[/QUOTE]

I think he's saying he's upset that he can't purchase ANY titles he wants like last year, which according to my memory is incorrect as it was only for certain titles too.

This is a much better deal since you aren't forced into buying five to get the deal, good job Best Buy :applause: If enough people cancel their Amazon pre-orders, maybe it will force Amazon into being competitive again.

[quote name='YBX87']man the list is limited, i wish sleeping dog was on that list[/QUOTE]

Limited? They're offering a $20 bonus on a list of 11 games that will be released within 3 months of each other.

Bear in mind the difference between 1000 RZ points and a Gift Card. RZ certs have to be used in full in a single transaction and expire 90 days after they're issued. And this is enough points that anyone whose not a Silver member will be auto-issed a certificate. Not a huge deal since these certs will be active during the holiday shopping season, but it's definitely less flexible than an open-ended Gift Card.

[quote name='dino88']Limited? They're offering a $20 bonus on a list of 11 games that will be released within 3 months of each other.[/QUOTE]

well, none of those titles on the list interest me

Nice will get at least Dishonored and AC3 and probably more. Hopefully Amazon stops sucking and brings back the $20 credits because I'd rather shop there but BB will do if not.

[quote name='YBX87']well, none of those titles on the list interest me[/QUOTE]
Are you sure you're a gamer?

[quote name='ChaosLaw']in for 4 of these. is the rz cert going to be instant so you can chain game to game?[/QUOTE]
No, 30 35 days after I think it is.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']With the added 60 day PM ability for silver members this is a no brainer for me.[/QUOTE]
You have to remember your dealing with 1,000 RZ points instead of a $20 gift card here. I think Best Buy has wised up to people doing PMs plus getting the $20 gift card. When you do a PM you essentially trigger a partial refund which deducts points from your RZ account.
Points will post to your Reward Zone account approximately 35 days from purchase date, delivery date or shipment date. Points are based on dollars spent on qualifying purchases. If an item is returned, Points will be deducted from your Reward Zone membership equal to the amount of Points earned for the applicable amount of that purchase.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Nice will get at least Dishonored and AC3 and probably more. Hopefully Amazon stops sucking and brings back the $20 credits because I'd rather shop there but BB will do if not.

Are you sure you're a gamer?

No, 30 days after I think it is.[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='ShockandAww']Nice will get at least Dishonored and AC3 and probably more. Hopefully Amazon stops sucking and brings back the $20 credits because I'd rather shop there but BB will do if not.

Are you sure you're a gamer?[/QUOTE]

yea, i am a gamer, but doesn't mean i gotta buy every single game that is release

Already have Halo 4 and AC 3 preordered there! Would also do Borderlands 2 but I have some GameStop credit that I'll be using on that.

[quote name='YBX87']yea, i am a gamer, but doesn't mean i gotta buy every single game that is release[/QUOTE]
Yeah sorry was half joking. Honestly the only one I'm really interested in day one is Dishonored

[quote name='@FIF']Bear in mind the difference between 1000 RZ points and a Gift Card. RZ certs have to be used in full in a single transaction and expire 90 days after they're issued. And this is enough points that anyone whose not a Silver member will be auto-issed a certificate. Not a huge deal since these certs will be active during the holiday shopping season, but it's definitely less flexible than an open-ended Gift Card.[/QUOTE]

But RZ certs are deducted pre-tax, and a gift card is deducted post-tax. If I use a $20 RZ cert on a $59.99 game, I'll only get taxed on $39.99. Tax for me is between 7 and 10 percent, depending on which county/city I buy in, so it's a fairly significant consideration.

[quote name='htz']You have to remember your dealing with 1,000 RZ points instead of a $20 gift card here. I think Best Buy has wised up to people doing PMs plus getting the $20 gift card. When you do a PM you essentially trigger a partial refund which deducts points from your RZ account.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. But even if you PM'd a sale where a game dropped from $59.99 to $39.99, you would theoretically earn 980 points, right?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yeah sorry was half joking. Honestly the only one I'm really interested in day one is Dishonored[/QUOTE]

only disonhonor slightly interests me too, but only for the preorder bonus of the Whale Oil USB Lamp,

[quote name='htz']You have to remember your dealing with 1,000 RZ points instead of a $20 gift card here. I think Best Buy has wised up to people doing PMs plus getting the $20 gift card. When you do a PM you essentially trigger a partial refund which deducts points from your RZ account.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I missed the RZ points part, thought we were getting an egift card again. Still nice to see BB offering these kinds of deals.

Oh man this was a big pain in the butt last year... had to call in several times to get my certs and preorder bonus codes were always a hassle to actually get from customer service.

I am definitely planning on picking up several of these titles though already... ahh decisions decisions.

Last year my GF and I both picked out 4 titles and went through the work to get it all done. Didn't bother to price match any of the titles though.

So this year we are only allowed to pick 3 titles instead of 4? I think i read that in a post in this thread... sorry i am insanely tired. How is this year's promo different from last years?

(Wondering if any last minute titles or upgrades will be added... like Saints Row & COD Hardened from last year etc)

[quote name='splattered']Oh man this was a big pain in the butt last year... had to call in several times to get my certs and preorder bonus codes were always a hassle to actually get from customer service.

I am definitely planning on picking up several of these titles though already... ahh decisions decisions.

Last year my GF and I both picked out 4 titles and went through the work to get it all done. Didn't bother to price match any of the titles though.

So this year we are only allowed to pick 3 titles instead of 4? I think i read that in a post in this thread... sorry i am insanely tired. How is this year's promo different from last years?

(Wondering if any last minute titles or upgrades will be added... like Saints Row & COD Hardened from last year etc)[/QUOTE]

It's actually just one title you get $20 gift card, unlesx u picked up max payne 3. Last year was 5.

Wow seriously? We only get $20 max out of the 11 titles? That's so freakin lame... why is everyone doing back flips over the offer in this thread then?

[quote name='splattered']Wow seriously? We only get $20 max out of the 11 titles? That's so freakin lame...[/QUOTE]
Limit one award per member per title.

It does not say "Limit one award per member max".

[quote name='mgorsi']It's actually just one title you get $20 gift card, unlesx u picked up max payne 3. Last year was 5.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what else we can say to help you understand this deal.

[quote name='htz']Limit one award per member per title.

It does not say "Limit one award per member max".[/QUOTE]

That's what i thought, but mgorsi just said just one title you get $20 gift card.

Was confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back