What Was Your First VideoGame/First Video Game Expierance

JWZZR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ok Lets Set The Stage Your 5 Years old Its December 1996,You Have Never Played A Video Game Before Your Watching Tv and A Ad for The Nintendo 64 Comes on,Your Mother Suggest"Would You Like Santa To Bring You One For Christmas?"

"Yes I replied"

Lets Fast Forward to Christmas You Wake Up So Excited You Go to the Living room and There is A N64 and Mario Kart 64.

Your Mom Helps You Set up the Console.

Your Instantly Sucked into the World of Video Games.Playing it for Hours until your Mom Has to Pry You Away,

I played the Crap out of Mario Kart 64,I remember When Racing On Bowser Dudgen I would Get Scared,LOL

I was thinking about this today,So I decided to Make A video of Me playing Mario Kart Still Just as Good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuE5xcmrYEw

Luckly,My First Game Was Mario Kart 64.

But Friends Have told there first Game Was Crap Like Super-Man 64,And Telling me that they Enjoyed the Game.

Video Game innocence I call it Back When You Did Not Care what the IGN or GameSpot Ratting Was,When You Did not Care about Frame Rate or Frames Per Second.

So what was Your Guys first Video Game/First Video Game Experience ?

Should Be Some Good Stories

[quote name='Javery']I have no idea - I can't remember that far back.[/QUOTE]

I know right...

All I know is, it was something on the 2600, probably one of those Sesame Street games that used the "Kids Controller".

[quote name='Javery']I have no idea - I can't remember that far back.[/QUOTE]
This^ but I do remember playing a game on NES where the main character used a yo yo as a weapon. Couldn't figure out how to save so we left it on for 3 days straight. That and a game where the main character gets swallowed by a giant frog in an opening cut scene.

I have faint memories of a lot of games, but I don't see how anyone is capabale of naming the first software they touched at 4 y/o or what not.

Most of all I know that I enjoyed watching my older siblings play grown up games.

Nintendo World Cup Soccer / Super Spike V'ball on the NES for a little bit.

More with Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis. My NES did the flashing red light thing too many times that I got a Sega Genesis a year or two later for Christmas.

[quote name='silentevil']This^ but I do remember playing a game on NES where the main character used a yo yo as a weapon. Couldn't figure out how to save so we left it on for 3 days straight.[/QUOTE]

Goonies II!!!

Castle Wolfenstein.

I was in therapy when I was a kid, and they would let me play Wolfenstein on the computer.

My Dad bought an Intellivision back in 1983. Either that or some arcade game from around the same era would've been my first videogame experience.

[quote name='Rosterking']I was 4 years old and my brothers handed me a controller to play SMB 3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel like I was ~3 yrs old when my parents picked up the NES Action Set with SMB 1 and Duck Hunt to "keep me busy" while my mom got things done around the house. I ended up playing SMB 1 for a few years straight before TMNT 1 came along... :)

My first memory is of playing Star Raiders on my Atari 2600 Jr. on a small black and white TV. I must have been 3 or 4 since the system was released sometime in 1985.

Pong.

Really, my first experience with video games was probably a Telstar console my cousins owned. It had Pong and I think it had some light gun games. Later, my parents bought an Atari VCS, which was the bulk of my gaming as a kid.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Pong.

Really, my first experience with video games was probably a Telstar console my cousins owned. It had Pong and I think it had some light gun games. Later, my parents bought an Atari VCS, which was the bulk of my gaming as a kid.[/QUOTE]
Mine was probably Pong/a Pong clone as well. My parents had this console with four built-in games (can't remember what brand), so it might've been one of those. I definitely remember a Pong-style tennis game being one of them.

Anyway, it's either that or an arcade game-- most likely Centipede, Q*Bert, or Frogger.

[quote name='silentevil']This^ but I do remember playing a game on NES where the main character used a yo yo as a weapon. Couldn't figure out how to save so we left it on for 3 days straight. That and a game where the main character gets swallowed by a giant frog in an opening cut scene.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Javery']Goonies II!!![/QUOTE]

The NES video game comes to mind:
"Star Tropics"

My stepbrother got an NES with SMB with TMNT and Rolling Thunder... Those are the earliest games I recall playing.

Arcade games I recall playing were X-Men, Simpsons and TMNT The Arcade Game. Epic games.

Super Mario World. My parents got me an SNES for Christmas when I was 5 years old and that was the first time I'd ever played a video game.

i remember playing a spiderman arcade back when i was a kid. youd climb up a building while people would drop things from windows at you and when you got to the top the green goblin would be flying around

Earliest memory I have is from 85-86.

Playing Joust or Centipede on the Commodore 64 while sitting in front of the TV eatting chicken strips and cheese sticks.

Super Mario World and Ken Griffey Jr Presents Major League Baseball for the SNES. I played the hell out of both games, and the rest of the SNES games I got after that.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']The NES video game comes to mind:
"Star Tropics"[/QUOTE]

He was right it was Goonies II. I looked it up right after I posted but didn't bother editing. Can't remember for the life of me what the other game was.

This thread makes me remember how awesome NES was. Commando, Tiger-Heli, Q*bert, Zelda, Snake Rattle & Roll, Shinobi, Double Dragon, the list can go on forever.

I went with my mother as a young kid (around 3 or 4) and we got my dad an N64 with mario kart for his birthday (which was the next day). We came home, I went directly upstairs and told my dad what we got him, then went downstairs, opened his gift and tried to set up the N64. My mom was really mad but my dad thought it was funny and we started playing straight away.

I remember my Dad introducing me to a "Space Invaders" arcade machine in the early '80s. I was probably 5 or 6. After that, I was hooked.

I know I was 3 when we got our Atari 2600. I couldn't tell you what the first game I played was, but I remember Vanguard, Yars Revenge, Frogger, Q-Bert, and Missile Command all pretty well. I know I played tons of others around the same time, but those were probably some of the first.

Pong was my first exposure to video games. I was about 3 when I remembered seeing the Sears Video Game System for the first time in my house. Didn't understand what it was but I saw my dad playing it so I figured I would as well. That got me started and from the ColecoVision onwards, my obsession began.

Pretty sure it was the Original Mario game for the NES. The earliest one that I can remember though is Mega Man X for SNES. I was 3 years old when the game was released but I'm pretty sure it wasn't til around 97~98 that I played it. After that, Mega Man became my favorite video game franchise for quite a while. When ever I would come back and play Mega Man X, I would always remember to kill the Penguin boss first since he was easiest to me without a weapon lol.

The first video game that I had in my house was NES with Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt.

But my Dad would take me to the bowling alley where they had an arcade before that and I would play Pac-Man and Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road.

Pong ("Tennis" or "Handball" or whatever they called it) on one of the Magnavox Odysseys. My sister and I found the Odyssey in my dad's closet and hooked it up to the TV. Once the old man saw us digging the Odyssey and me wasting quarters at the arcade, he got a four-switch 2600. (And as a proto-CAG, he wound up being the person who played it the most). I think of it all as one collective experience, i.e. the line from the Odyssey to the 2600.

LOL at some of the old games people used to love.

Personally Sonic on the Dreamcast was one of the earlier experiences of gaming I had. I don't recall being big into anything besides that, and from there on...

My first video game was a PONG (clone) from Sears, it was model with Pong (Tennis, Handball & Hockey)
then later I got a Magnavox Odyssey 2 .. that was all it took

I think mine was probably the first Super Mario Bros. Or at least that would have been the first game I actually owned. If I played a video game in an arcade or something before that, I was too young to remember.

First game I remember buying was Mega Man 3. I put it in my console and immediately pulled it out because it looked nothing at all from the cover.

i vaguely remember a commodore 64 and some kind of dungeon game or something.
but a full memory is the nes.
super mario bros. 1, how great was that game.
i still play it when i get the itching for it.

Keystone Kapers for the Atari 2600. It was a game where you try to catch a shoplifter. It was a pretty fun game, but I was a toddler when I played it, so it didn't take much for me to have fun.

my cousins had NES and we would play monster party and anticipation.. maybe a year later (i was 5-6?) i got genesis as a gift from my mom with streets of rage, sonic, fireshark, toe jam & earl, blockout & shove it.. i remember i lost my mind when i got that genesis

bread's done
Back