[PS Vita] Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified - September 30th, 2012

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
WY5tB.png

OVERVIEW:

Developed by the team at Nihilistic Software, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is what Call of Duty fans have been waiting for: the game they know and love, authentically translated to handheld. “One of Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified’s compelling features is the fact that you can take the established gameplay everyone knows and loves and bring it to the PS Vita,” says the game’s producer at Activision, Neven Dravinski. That means you can look forward to familiar elements like Create-a-Class, Perks, Prestige Levels, and of course, dual analog stick controls.

Developer: Nihilistic Software
Publisher: Activision
Genre: First-person shooter
Online Play: 4 v 4
Release date:
  • November 2012

REVIEWS:

SCREENSHOTS:

VIDEOS:

[youtube]jHIh4qn8xO8[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been a CoD fan, probably won't get this but will wait for info and gameplay to reveal. Would be MUCH happier with Vita Battlefield.

[quote name='Miami_13']I've never been a CoD fan, probably won't get this but will wait for info and gameplay to reveal. Would be MUCH happier with Vita Battlefield.[/QUOTE]Let the sheep follow towards this title & next summer you'll see Battlefield or MOH on vita too. It's the follow the leader syndrome.

[quote name='Enuf']Let the sheep follow towards this title & next summer you'll see Battlefield or MOH on vita too. It's the follow the leader syndrome.[/QUOTE]

To insinuate that all people who play CoD are sheep is a little.... biased? Ever think that maybe people truly enjoy the titles? I am a big fan of both CoD and the Battlefield series. They both have their ups and downs. Neither are perfect, neither are terrible. If I'm in the mood to get slaughtered by some vehicles, I load up some Battlefield. If I'm in the mood to try and be a one man team, I can load up some CoD. Don't enjoy it? That's fine. But to insinuate that anyone who does is a sheep is just sad. "Haters gonna hate" is relevant I'd say.

At any rate, I look forward to this title and have my fingers crossed that it does a good job of bringing the console experience to a handheld. I have a feeling it won't be what everyone WANTS, but hopefully a lot of people will be willing to adapt to the limitations of a handheld and still find enjoyment in it.

[quote name='Binary001']To insinuate that all people who play CoD are sheep is a little.... biased? Ever think that maybe people truly enjoy the titles? I am a big fan of both CoD and the Battlefield series. They both have their ups and downs. Neither are perfect, neither are terrible. If I'm in the mood to get slaughtered by some vehicles, I load up some Battlefield. If I'm in the mood to try and be a one man team, I can load up some CoD. Don't enjoy it? That's fine. But to insinuate that anyone who does is a sheep is just sad. "Haters gonna hate" is relevant I'd say.

At any rate, I look forward to this title and have my fingers crossed that it does a good job of bringing the console experience to a handheld. I have a feeling it won't be what everyone WANTS, but hopefully a lot of people will be willing to adapt to the limitations of a handheld and still find enjoyment in it.[/QUOTE]I've seen it 1st hand when I shop kids just saying well "it's what all my friends have mom buy this". I got lil cousin's with no game skills but they flock to whatever is being advertised even after I tell them that the series isn't that good so they still get games that are $20 MSRP in 3 months b/c they don't listen.

I have no biased towards COD, BF or MOH since I own all of them & have played not 1 second of any of them. They sit in my backlog still sealed waiting for me. People flock to what's popular sometimes "just because" no different than music/movies where mainstream pulls the strings...I saw avengers & there where old ladies watching it just based of the hype just like Batman TDK but you could tell by their responses/questions during the movie they weren't true fans just people caught in the rush.

[quote name='Enuf']I've seen it 1st hand when I shop kids just saying well "it's what all my friends have mom buy this". I got lil cousin's with no game skills but they flock to whatever is being advertised even after I tell them that the series isn't that good so they still get games that are $20 MSRP in 3 months b/c they don't listen.

I have no biased towards COD, BF or MOH since I own all of them & have played not 1 second of any of them. They sit in my backlog still sealed waiting for me. People flock to what's popular sometimes "just because" no different than music/movies where mainstream pulls the strings...I saw avengers & there where old ladies watching it just based of the hype just like Batman TDK but you could tell by their responses/questions during the movie they weren't true fans just people caught in the rush.[/QUOTE]

"I have no biased towards COD, BF or MOH since I own all of them & have played not 1 second of any of them."

Yeah...this is clearly trolling.

I have a Vita and I really do love it, but I know it's struggling. If this game doesn't help the Vita sell a ton of units stateside...nothing will.

If they get it to work with 3g it could be pretty big. They'd be able to advertise it as being able to play CoD online anywhere.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Now available to preorder on Amazon.

For FIFTY DOLLARS.[/QUOTE]

Assuming multiplayer is sound, $49.99 is definitely more justified than Uncharted was at $50. Personally, I'm hoping for a B2G1 sale at Amazing or Best Buy on new games. COD and AC3L are on my buy list, so I'm sure I could find a third game (Persona 4?) to pick up :)

[quote name='SynGamer']Assuming multiplayer is sound, $49.99 is definitely more justified than Uncharted was at $50. Personally, I'm hoping for a B2G1 sale at Amazing or Best Buy on new games. COD and AC3L are on my buy list, so I'm sure I could find a third game (Persona 4?) to pick up :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah with the release date near Black Friday. Probably going to wait and hope for a sale or B2G1 on Black Friday. Definately picking it up for 360 though.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Yeah with the release date near Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

You have an interesting sense of time, sir.

And Syn, don't forget to blame Sony for uncharted. They are the one with the God complex with resistance BS and Uncharted GA developers. Bend WANTED to do resistance. And Sony sent them to do an adventure game. So they traded 1 great game and 1 unknown quality game for 2 mediocre games

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='6er']You have an interesting sense of time, sir.

And Syn, don't forget to blame Sony for uncharted. They are the one with the God complex with resistance BS and Uncharted GA developers. Bend WANTED to do resistance. And Sony sent them to do an adventure game. So they traded 1 great game and 1 unknown quality game for 2 mediocre games[/QUOTE]

Oh shit my bad, I was thinking of the release date for black ops 2 on ps3 and 360.

Here's how I see my Fall Vita purchases:

Wait for Amazon/Best Buy/GameStop/Kmart to have a B2G1 sale (preferably on new).
Pick up COD, Persona 4, and Assassin's Creed III: Liberation. That should get me through the holiday and into the beginning of 2013...I just need to find out when the B2G1 sales will start happening.

Anybody else really not dig the swiping motions on the screen? Especially in a fast-paced game like this, putting a finger over the screen seems like a dumb idea, especially when there's a rear touchpad. The way to throw grenades sounds strange as well, like you'd have to make a full stop to chuck one. It would have been real nice for the Vita to have click-in analog stick buttons.

See, I actually welcome the toucscreen grenade throwing, which will allow more accurate placement. Touchscreen knifing...will need to try first.

bread's done
Back