- - - - -

Power Rangers: Mighty Morphin' - Lost Galaxy - $219.95 w/ FS @ TL (MMPR $83.99 @ AMZ)

#31 Astroranagun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   174 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Astroranagun

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:15 AM

cant blame turbo if you know super sentai history. when ohranger aka zeo on air in japan, japan was under terrorrist sarin gas attack in tokyo and during this period ohranger show was ment to be serious extreme thus they have to dumb down the plot and almost going to be end of SS series. however the following series carranger aka turbo was set to be friendly funny theme...thats what happen....and about the kids as ranger, its already happen in dairanger the kibaranger aka white ranger also the brutal violence series following zyuranger aka first PR which Saban skips it...

and here some zyuranger fight footage

Edited by Astroranagun, 07 June 2012 - 04:31 AM.

#32 Predator Ranger   Admiral Awesome CAGiversary!   2687 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Predator Ranger

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

cant blame turbo if you know super sentai history. when ohranger aka zeo on air in japan, japan was under terrorrist sarin gas attack in tokyo and during this period ohranger show was ment to be serious extreme thus they have to dumb down the plot and almost going to be end of SS series. however the following series carranger aka turbo was set to be friendly funny theme...thats what happen....

That's fine, but PR doesn't necessarily need to follow the themes and tone of the Sentai. Look at the difference between Go-Onger and RPM: PR took a much more serious approach to a more kid-friendly Sentai.

#33 dg7md   Overall, one helluva pup CAGiversary!   1249 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

Yeah sure. I'm in. Why not? Coupon code makes it easier to swallow.

For the install plan, the 40 a month makes this worth it, even if I don't care for Power Rangers aside from the first season. I'm curious to check out the rest, and even if it's on Netflix, I feel like I need this regardless. Who's to say if it'll last once these come out, anyway?

I have a feeling these will hold value, too. So even if it sucks, unloading it won't be too big of a hit, if at all.

#34 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36527 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Images of the two packages have surfaced..and I'm having trouble cleaning up all this drool I've left on the floor: http://tvshowsondvd....through-7/17080
:drool::drool::drool:

This may have just become an epic must-buy for me.

#35 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8152 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

Images of the two packages have surfaced..and I'm having trouble cleaning up all this drool I've left on the floor: http://tvshowsondvd....through-7/17080

........so beautiful.

#36 Davestation   Dont Cross The Streams CAGiversary!   846 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Davestation

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

What are the chances that if I order this they will give me a variant "Brock" figure instead of the Red Ranger in Uniform? I wouldn't mind having the Austin St. John Red Ranger, but I am way more into his "alter" ego Brock.

#37 Predator Ranger   Admiral Awesome CAGiversary!   2687 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Predator Ranger

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

What are the chances that if I order this they will give me a variant "Brock" figure instead of the Red Ranger in Uniform? I wouldn't mind having the Austin St. John Red Ranger, but I am way more into his "alter" ego Brock.

Fuck you for making me Google that.

#38 bboyrealm   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   61 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

bboyrealm

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:38 AM

Just a heads up for all you Power Rangers fans! There will be a convention celebrating Power Rangers and Saban-related TV shows like Beetleborgs and Masked Rider, to name a few.

The show is in August in Pasadena, CA at the Pasadena Convention Center.

All the info such as tickets and who is currently confirmed can be found at the following website:

http://officialpower...ts/guests-2012/

Hope to see you there!!

#39 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5054 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:23 AM

As much as I want Brock to be Austin St. John, he's not. :(

#40 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8152 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

Just a heads up for all you Power Rangers fans! There will be a convention celebrating Power Rangers and Saban-related TV shows like Beetleborgs and Masked Rider, to name a few.

All the info such as tickets and who is currently confirmed can be found at the following website:

Hope to see you there!!

too bad this isn't in July. Going to be there for comic con. Can't afford 2 trips to California.

#41 Predator Ranger   Admiral Awesome CAGiversary!   2687 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Predator Ranger

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hope to see you there!!

I'll be there with my girlfriend. PMC2 was a blast -- I'll be wearing my ninja ranger outfit again :)

#42 LoveLost   Snarf!!! CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Damn I want this dvd set. But I just cant spend the money.

#43 henry00x   Chosen One CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

the first 3 seasons is all im interested in

#44 angruss   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   59 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

If you're only interested in certain seasons, Amazon Germany has the original German releases from a few years back for 24 euros (30 USD). These are FULL seasons, rather than half seasons.

#45 mr_burnzz   mr. snrub CAGiversary!   1602 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Not to bash you guys for loving power rangers but are you guys teenagers? I'm 28 and mighty morphin was like crack to me when I was 10-12 but grew out of it after the first or second season. Watched a little bit of the white ranger and then stopped. Are the later seasons good? I mean, is it meant for an older audience? Just curious why you guys are so hyped about a $200 set. I think I saw power rangers on netflix but didn't bother to watch it.

#46 blindinglights   ... CAGiversary!   4579 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

blindinglights

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

Not to bash you guys for loving power rangers but are you guys teenagers? I'm 28 and mighty morphin was like crack to me when I was 10-12 but grew out of it after the first or second season. Watched a little bit of the white ranger and then stopped. Are the later seasons good? I mean, is it meant for an older audience? Just curious why you guys are so hyped about a $200 set. I think I saw power rangers on netflix but didn't bother to watch it.

I think some people just grow out of different things. I was visiting family last year and some of my little cousins' kids were watching an old VHS tape of Power Rangers and I remember thinking holy hell this is awful. I used to watch them all the time when I was a kid, but now I have no idea how I found it entertaining.

On the other hand, I can still watch Batman, G.I. Joe, Transformers and other shows I watched as a kid and enjoy it today. I think it probably just depends on how much nostalgia value you get out of something. If you're more attached to a certain show you loved as a kid, it might be easier to overlook its shortcomings.

Edited by blindinglights, 13 June 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#47 guardian_owl   Keeper of the CAG Shrine CAGiversary!   11132 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

guardian_owl

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

It varies from show to show for me, a lot of the Disney late 80s/early 90s animated series stand up for me. I tried watching the original animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles again and I don't know what it about the way the voice actors, I don't know, talk down to the audience in their pattern of speech (like midway between baby talk and normal speaking patterns) that it literally gives me a headache if I try to watch more than 4 episodes in a row.

I had the same problem (to a lesser extent) with He-man.

#48 Darknuke   Guncraft: Voxel-FPS! CAGiversary!   2011 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

I loooooved this show as a kid, but I know for a fact I would cringe if I tried watching it again.

#49 snowmint   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

snowmint

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

If you don't want seasons 4-7 then you can buy the complete mmpr season set later as it will be released separetly. However you will not get the 3 DVD disks worth of bonus features.

#50 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8138 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

It varies from show to show for me, a lot of the Disney late 80s/early 90s animated series stand up for me. I tried watching the original animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles again and I don't know what it about the way the voice actors, I don't know, talk down to the audience in their pattern of speech (like midway between baby talk and normal speaking patterns) that it literally gives me a headache if I try to watch more than 4 episodes in a row.

I had the same problem (to a lesser extent) with He-man.

You're not alone man. I often go back and watch Arthur, Busytown, and The Magic School Bus. I was on vacation last year, and Busytown came on. I lost it, lol. I had my cereal bars, and orange juice.I miss the 90's so much. Who could forget Family Matters?

#51 PopcornBandit   Holy Zombie Jesus! CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

PopcornBandit

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

Wait a second, I'm confused. I thought Time Life said that it would be the individual releases bubble-wrapped together? Are we getting the box instead? That box set is fucking beautiful, man. Then again, I may just pick up the MMPR box set and then the individual Zeo set. Those are the only two I thoroughly enjoyed.

#52 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

Wait a second, I'm confused. I thought Time Life said that it would be the individual releases bubble-wrapped together? Are we getting the box instead? That box set is fucking beautiful, man. Then again, I may just pick up the MMPR box set and then the individual Zeo set. Those are the only two I thoroughly enjoyed.

by separate disc cases they meant the box sets. Since there's two of them, they're going to bubble wrap them together with the figure. That's what I figured it would be from the start, but some members like Kerig seemed to have gotten confused by it.

Time Life will take the separate disc cases and the action figure, and wrap them in bubble wrap and send them to you in a regular shipping carton.

#53 PopcornBandit   Holy Zombie Jesus! CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

PopcornBandit

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

by separate disc cases they meant the box sets. Since there's two of them, they're going to bubble wrap them together with the figure. That's what I figured it would be from the start, but some members like Kerig seemed to have gotten confused by it.

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll just buy both sets then. $40 a month isn't too bad.

#54 merchie89   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2391 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Come on, you all know that the Turbo movie was the best damn movie ever. Admit it

#55 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3272 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

did you guys see the morphicon guest list? who the hell tracked down Royce Herron (ms appleby)

#56 Predator Ranger   Admiral Awesome CAGiversary!   2687 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Predator Ranger

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

did you guys see the morphicon guest list? who the hell tracked down Royce Herron (ms appleby)

She was there last time. She's sweet as hell!

#57 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36527 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

Can anyone check if the DADDYDOUBLE code is still active (I'd check myself, but I can't on the computer I'm using right now)? I read somewhere that it might only be working through Father's Day (I totally didn't get that from the code :\), but it couldn't hurt to check, right?

#58 ssjmichael   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9031 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

ssjmichael

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

looks like it's dead now. But if you sign up for their newsletter (found on main page) you apparently get 10% off your next order which is the same discount as daddydouble

#59 Predator Ranger   Admiral Awesome CAGiversary!   2687 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Predator Ranger

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

For anyone going to SDCC, its been announced that there will be an exclusive 19 disc MMPR collection set sold there.

In related news: David Yost (MMPR Blue/Billy) has just been announced as a guest for a special Saturday event at PMC!

#60 AEJustin1   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ CAGiversary!   765 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

I got my set in the mail the other day :)

[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/<a href=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/dsc00101ly.jpg/ target=_blank>[IMG]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6074/dsc00101ly.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6074/dsc00101ly.jpg[/IMG]

Dug out the remaining Figures from my childhood, plus the red one that came with the set and now this is how I have it set up hahah

[IMG]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/163/dsc00102la.jpg[/IMG]