Wreck-It Ralph trailer (aka "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" for gamers)

[quote name='whoknows']I hope all those characters appear more than just the scenes shown in the trailer.[/QUOTE]

Probably a lot of them scattered throughout the movie. Would be like watching The Wizard without feeling like it was a subliminal advertisement for Nintendo. There's a lot of representation here. Nintendo, Sega, even old Atari games.

Seems like it could be pretty cool...although that subject line REALLY makes me wish they'd hurry up on Roger Rabbit 2.

With all the gaming references and potential of classic Disney storytelling, I think this has a shot to be a good movie.

Yeah, I hope the cameos don't amount to a couple of scenes, and then the Bad Guy therapy group. It seems like Ralph is travelling through a bunch of fake unlicensed game lands trying to find somewhere to fit in. Hopefully we see more licensed stuff than what we saw.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah, I hope the cameos don't amount to a couple of scenes, and then the Bad Guy therapy group. It seems like Ralph is travelling through a bunch of fake unlicensed game lands trying to find somewhere to fit in. Hopefully we see more licensed stuff than what we saw.[/QUOTE]

That is going to be the downfall of this movie.

No game franchise is going to let someone do something truly creative with their IP so it's just going to be a bunch of cute cameos and fake game crap that noone cares about.

Plus Sarah Silverman is fucking annoying. I like John C Reilly though.

Yeah this doens't have half the appeal that WFRR did. And the characters were mostly just cameos in that movie too, but it was still a much better movie taken as a whole.

[quote name='draven1089']How do you get Roger Rabbit out of this? With that said I'll take the kids to this one.[/QUOTE]

Because Roger Rabbit was famous for all of its cartoon references throughout the movie in the same way this seems to have video game references scattered throughout. Also for the way Roger Rabbit played with the 4th wall and the way this movie seemingly does so as well.

This has potential, though I'll probably wait for DVD/bluray.

I found it strange that the trailer has no mention of Pixar, which IMO has name recognition just as much as Disney does. Is there some new agreement that they are dropping the "Pixar" monicker altogether in favor of Disney?

[quote name='eLefAdEr']This has potential, though I'll probably wait for DVD/bluray.

I found it strange that the trailer has no mention of Pixar, which IMO has name recognition just as much as Disney does. Is there some new agreement that they are dropping the "Pixar" monicker altogether in favor of Disney?[/QUOTE]
This isn't done by Pixar

[quote name='moon_knight']This isn't done by Pixar[/QUOTE]

That's odd, W-IR is directed by John Lasseter, who happens to be Chief Creative Officer at Pixar/Walt Disney Animation Studios.

I was just wondering if they decided to drop the Pixar name, which is a shame considering it basically elevated animated films to where they are today.

edit: answered my own question. It's Disney in-house, just some of the same people from Pixar (including the director). Pixar was too busy with Brave.

[quote name='Clak']Yeah this doens't have half the appeal that WFRR did. And the characters were mostly just cameos in that movie too, but it was still a much better movie taken as a whole.[/QUOTE]

I agree, WFRR is a much better movie than one I haven't seen yet.

[quote name='whoknows']I agree, WFRR is a much better movie than one I haven't seen yet.[/QUOTE]

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is good enough to make that assumption.

[quote name='camoor']That is going to be the downfall of this movie.

No game franchise is going to let someone do something truly creative with their IP so it's just going to be a bunch of cute cameos and fake game crap that noone cares about.

Plus Sarah Silverman is fucking annoying. I like John C Reilly though.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it would have been awesome if the Halo clone WAS Halo. But of course, that would never happen.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yep, it would have been awesome if the Halo clone WAS Halo. But of course, that would never happen.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what the candyland game is supposed to be. I can't even think of a recent game that contained a candy-theme level.

They should have gone with a standard platformer - the source material would be much richer.

[quote name='camoor']I don't even know what the candyland game is supposed to be. I can't even think of a recent game that contained a candy-theme level.

They should have gone with a standard platformer - the source material would be much richer.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, could you imagine if they traveled to World 1-1? With the SMB NES Mario sprite and all? It would have been cute, and appealed to many people.

bread's done
Back