Gamestop said I could preorder the Wii U ?true?

pacemakerguy

CAGiversary!
I called them today and asked once they release the date if I could preorder the system. Do these stores actually let you preorder a game console? He also said that I could preorder Wii U games NOW but there is no date or confirmed full titles for launch day.

sorry screwed up the title, suppose to have Preorder in the title

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just wondering, I've very excited about the Wii U now after E3 and My friend preordered the Wii when it came out and wanted to see if I could do the same with the Wii U, I don't want to wait a good 3 months after launch to finally get my hands on one, I want one the day it comes out and not even have to wait over night too.

GameStop (and EB) used to always let you preorder consoles. I think you would be better off waiting for Amazon to let you preorder. That way you dont pay until it ships, and if the release is on a Sunday like the Wii, you will likely get it the day before.

I was checking into this last night. Most of the announced Wii U games are on gamestop.com for $99.99 with a release date of Dec. 31st, 2012 :lol:.

I know those are just placeholders since they don't have the details yet, but I just thought that was funny. I will be trying to preorder a Wii U as soon as GS allows it. And yeah, they do console preorders. I did it for the Wii. Back then you had to wait in line just to do the preorder. I can't believe no one remembers that. I was fortunate, though, in that one of the local GS's had a cool manager who knew me just from my frequent trade-ins and held a preorder for me so I didn't have to wait in line for it.

I want to preorder the Wii U but will not wait a second in line to do so. If they sell out of their preorder allotment via a line of people who were there all morning, I can wait till later. I don't want it that badly. (Said cool manager moved on to bigger and better things and I don't have an "in" at any store like that at this time).

But I definitely want to do it at GS because I have credit there that I am otherwise not using since I buy most of my games on clearance or via Amazon. But I did get a good chunk of credit from GS's recent trade-in deal so I might as well use that. Given that it is store credit, I'm not losing anything by giving them the money now. It is the same at Amazon anyway - they charge right away for anything I preorder (since I also use credit there - they don't wait till shipment to charge but do it when you place the order).

It will probably be the same as the Wii, where they have a Conference, and then a few days later (usually a Friday) where pre-orders start.

[quote name='KingBroly']It will probably be the same as the Wii, where they have a Conference, and then a few days later (usually a Friday) where pre-orders start.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and I'm counting on the lack of exciitement for the Wii U from all the Internet fanboys to mean I can place a preorder in the afternoon of the day they start instead of having to line up at 3am.

I thought Amazon takes forever to have the consoles. I remember when the Wii came out I was trying to get one about 2 months after it released and even Amazon didn't even have it listed. I know Best Buy sometimes over loads on them but when u preorder at GS don't they just ask for $20 or something just to keep it in your Name?

I'm waiting for the chance to pre-order at GS. It is going to be crazy at launch like any home consoles.

F.Y.I- Wii-U games are $59.99 on amazon, minus ubisoft games ($49.99)

[quote name='pacemakerguy']I thought Amazon takes forever to have the consoles. I remember when the Wii came out I was trying to get one about 2 months after it released and even Amazon didn't even have it listed. I know Best Buy sometimes over loads on them but when u preorder at GS don't they just ask for $20 or something just to keep it in your Name?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they were tough to get at Amazon for a while. GS takes $50, I believe, for console preorders. At least it was that much for the 3DS. And of course you can always cancel it later and get your money back.

By the way, I'll fix the thread title. I wasn't sure what to expect when I clicked on "Gamestop said i could Wii U ?true?" ;).

$60? if it stays there, i heard on the radio recently that companies wanted to lower the price since less and less people would buy the games new and wait for sales

oh wow, yeah my friend said don't trust them, haha Idk i'll wait till a date is announced, they could just be saying that about letting you preorder the system, we will have to wait and see, I hope that Nintendo Land game is letting you play with people online like Home for PS3

[quote name='pacemakerguy']I hope that Nintendo Land game is letting you play with people online like Home for PS3[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect that at all. I just hope NintendoLand is a pack-in game like Wii Sports. They need something to come with it to show off the controller. Plus that will help move systems to us that are on the fence a bit. I don't mind shelling out for Pikmin 3, but it would be hard to spend anything over $20 for NintendoLand so making it a pack-in would be best.

And yeah, I expect most games to be $59.99. PS3 and 360 games aren't getting cheaper this fall, so why would Nintendo change things? They might stay with the $49.99 Wii game pricing, but probably not since they are going to HD now and will be "on par" with the other systems.

true, but what is that thing in the Nintendo Land preview where you are walking around and there are tons of other Miis around? Are those ones you created or actual people playing as well?

[quote name='pacemakerguy']true, but what is that thing in the Nintendo Land preview where you are walking around and there are tons of other Miis around? Are those ones you created or actual people playing as well?[/QUOTE]

I'll have to admit, I haven't even watched the full preview (just bits and pieces) but it could be like a lot of Wii games where it pulls Miis in from your plaza to use in the background. Perhaps the Wii U will pull in frirend's Miis (over the Internet) to show in games. But this is Nintendo so I really doubt that will be fully online integrated - at least not from a game right out of the gate like that. If it is, that would be a pleasant surprise but like I said don't count on it.

[quote name='io']Yeah, and I'm counting on the lack of exciitement for the Wii U from all the Internet fanboys to mean I can place a preorder in the afternoon of the day they start instead of having to line up at 3am.[/QUOTE]

Well this is the era of consumers pre-ordering/buying something they have no interest in to mark it up 600% to rape other consumers.

So despite a lukewarm reception from the core crowd, I still fully expect lines and sellouts around the nation.

[quote name='Josh5890']It would almost have to be bundled with Nintendoland. Do that at $250 and it will sell fast![/QUOTE]

I have a good feeling they will bundle it together, they basically keep saying with what Wii Sports did to the Wii so they will definitely bundle them together, they would be dumb not too, it would sell fast and who would buy that separate? lol They will announce it being bundled together soon enough

Yeah, I'm not sure why they just aren't coming out and saying that now, though, as it would have generated more good publicity for them from E3.

But for sure, the "casuals" will expect a pack-in with the Wii U since they got Wii Sports with the Wii (and I take it there are many people who never played anything beyond that). Maybe they are a bit worried that NintendoLand isn't general enough for the masses. The only real alternative would be a souped up Wii Sports 2 and they haven't discussed that at all so unless it has been completely kept under wraps I doubt there is such a thing.

True, they would have hinted at it. plus if I had to pay over $20 for Nintendo Land...F that, uh less it had the thing I would love with online play, Wii Sports would have kicked ass if they actually had online play, that's what will get them out to more people to buy the system, I just really want this damn thing already haha, ANNOUNCE THE DATE

[quote name='pacemakerguy']True, they would have hinted at it. plus if I had to pay over $20 for Nintendo Land...F that, uh less it had the thing I would love with online play, Wii Sports would have kicked ass if they actually had online play, that's what will get them out to more people to buy the system, I just really want this damn thing already haha, ANNOUNCE THE DATE[/QUOTE]

The last two systems came out on the third sunday in November. Nov. 18th 2012?

wow that's crazy, it may be true! One guy from Ubisoft said Creed 3 was set for release on OCT 30 for all 3 systems, but that may be false....I hope we could just know, I think it will be no more than $300

[quote name='pacemakerguy']wow that's crazy, it may be true! One guy from Ubisoft said Creed 3 was set for release on OCT 30 for all 3 systems, but that may be false....I hope we could just know, I think it will be no more than $300[/QUOTE]

I can live with $300 if it is bundled with a game (probably Nintendoland). Appearently we won't have to buy extra gamepads if we have wii remotes and that is a huge money saver.

I have a feeling that extra gamepads will cost $100 although you probably won't be able to purchase one at launch since Nintendo hinted that 2 working gamepads won't be available at launch.

[quote name='pacemakerguy']why are they only allowing 2 in multiplayer? It should be up to 4, that's kinda dumb[/QUOTE]

At the conference they said that up to 5 people could play at once with 4 on wii remotes and 1 on the game pad. How it will work with 2 game pads I have no idea but I'm sure Nintendo does ;)

Strange quote from Reggie in an IGN article:

Fils-Aime: We're still working through all of the launch details. Launch price, launch date, the specifics of what we might offer from an overall value standpoint. I'm not going to comment on "will we bundle it in?" But what I would tell you is, our goal is to drive a very high attach between Nintendo Land and Wii U. And we're going to go after that goal really aggressively.

That is a very strange way of dancing around whether it will be a pack-in or not. Aggressively promoting a "very high attach between Nintendo Land and Wii U" could mean bundle options but not a pack-in with every system. They just need to include the damn thing and stop waffling about it.

[quote name='io']Strange quote from Reggie in an IGN article:

That is a very strange way of dancing around whether it will be a pack-in or not. Aggressively promoting a "very high attach between Nintendo Land and Wii U" could mean bundle options but not a pack-in with every system. They just need to include the damn thing and stop waffling about it.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever read or heard a Reggie interview? He is the King of Dancing.

^haha very true, he lets so many questions just jump around him, I watched the interview on IGN and he just lets things pass by him...very annoying

bread's done
Back