Dual Shock 3 with PSP 1000,2000,3000?

anotherpoorgamer

CAGiversary!
Why hasn't this been fully utilized? I mean, it worked with PS3 Resistance 2 with the PSP Resistance Retribution.

Explaining Resistance 2 and Resistance Retribution
You would boot up Resistance 2 in your PS3. Then scroll through some menus that asked you to connect your PSP, with Resistance Retribution via USB.

After selecting the appropriate options you could control Resistance Retribution with a Dual Shock 3. Given that you leave the USB cable plugged into your running PS3 and PSP. Also, I think you had to beat Resistance Retribution at least once or something.

Anyway, it would be nice if there was an application, you could download off the Playstation Store that would mimic this for all PSP games.

Hypothetical explanation of app
You would select the application on your PS3. The application would prompt you to connect your PSP with a USB cable.

Then boot up the PSP game, which would recognize the inputs from a dual shock 3.

The only thing that I think would hinder this idea that I can think of is PSP might need another firmware update for this to work properly.

It would be so awesome to have an official way of playing my UMD games through my PSP 3000 and a dual shock 3.

I just don't feel like shelling out all that money for a PSP Go and buying digital versions of all my UMD games again. (Trying to stay legitimate/in Sony's favor.)

Intended goal:
Just want a legal way to be able to play my PSP games with a Dual Shock 3, while sitting far away from my PSP 3000 as it is connected by TV out.

Then again, it would be nice to use your PSP as a UMD player for the PS3. Followed by remote play with the Vita.

First thread in the PS3 section, sorry ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't have bluetooth, so there's no way for direct support.

I think the R2/Retribution thing was a custom workaround that they made for Retribution, so it's not exactly the type of thing that would be easily adapted for every game. Especially since RR is altered when connected to R2.

Yeah, I knew about the PSP 1000, 2000, and 3000 models not supporting bluetooth like the PSP Go. Figured a PS3 and PSP working together at the same time would have made it possible somehow.

I guess it would be too difficult of a workaround. Rewriting programing for older PSP titles, little to no demand by customers, and PSP hardware support dying with the Vita now here.

I need this feature soooo bad. I love monster hunter for psp but my doc made me stop playing it cuz it numbed my hand...I looked around to see if it was possible to play psp with a DS3 but only psp go works, I believe. I should do some research and see if they got something going, I really miss monster hunter.

bread's done
Back