Last.fm password leak - update your passwords.

Thanks for posting shrike. I normally change my passwords around every three months so this is a good reminder for me to change them around.

Time to man up and Lastpass/Keepass/etc. folks. This ain't the good old days. You need to have a different password for every single site to prevent hacks across your digital identity.

Someone out there has Last.fm, LinkedIn, and eHarmony and has the same 3 passwords out there in hash form. That ish won't take long to figure out and it'll make figuring out the salt a little easier too.

[quote name='speedracer']Time to man up and Lastpass/Keepass/etc. folks. This ain't the good old days. You need to have a different password for every single site to prevent hacks across your digital identity.

Someone out there has Last.fm, LinkedIn, and eHarmony and has the same 3 passwords out there in hash form. That ish won't take long to figure out and it'll make figuring out the salt a little easier too.[/QUOTE]

I keep an encrypted spreadsheet with all of my passwords and I rotate them every quarter. It's a bit of a pain to do, but I'm the worrier-type so I sleep a little better knowing my passwords are mostly useless in the wrong hands.

According to LinkedIn, my password wasn't compromised. If anyone here did get theirs taken, did LinkedIn send you a form email regarding this breach?

edit: I'm now looking into these password manager sites (Lastpass, Keepass, etc). Thanks for the mention, speedracer.

Can whoever is doing this shit cut it the fuck out... I haven't used this shit in eons and can't remember my damn passwords... :\

[quote name='survivalism']yeah it's bullshit, someone listened to a bunch of dashboard confessional on mine.[/quote]

for real? Wtf. Im changing mine asap

[quote name='Survivalism']Yeah it's bullshit, someone listened to a bunch of Dashboard Confessional on mine.[/QUOTE]

That's the worst thing I've ever heard. Sorry man.

Also, THIS IS fuckING ANNOYING. Just waiting for the day when Amazon or Facebook finally gets compromised.

Apparently this might be an old hash and the hash might have already been cracked years ago that was ignored by Last.fm, according to some things I read online - but who can really confirm or deny these things? According to what I read, the cracking of the hash list was crowd sourced, but whoever stole the list in the first place now likely has the complete list of logins and cracked passwords to distribute or use as they see fit.

bread's done
Back