How to unlock an AT&T iPhone 4?

thepik241

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I bought a used iPhone 4 (AT&T version) off Craigslist since I'm moving overseas the day after tomorrow. The seller said I can unlock it either by jailbreaking it or by calling AT&T to unlock it.

I called AT&T Customer Service to unlock it and they said I had to be a previous or current user of the service in order to unlock it. After a bit of talking the representative told me that anyone could unlock the the iPhone as long as they have AT&T. Unfortunately I have Verizon (as well as all of my friends) and the seller is MIA...

So I'm wondering if anyone here knows how to unlock an (AT&T) iPhone? Any help would be much appreciated.

You can try the tutorials here, but it looks to me like the current unlock for iOS 5.x is not working any more. If you have older iOS version on there (4.x) I think one of the older methods may work. See that website.

http://www.iclarified.com/entries/index.php?caid=2&scid=11&seid=1

Otherwise you'll need to find somebody on AT&T and get AT&T to unlock it. How do you do that? Because I have an AT&T iPhone 4 and am on AT&T, and if I can get AT&T to unlock it, I'll go ahead and do that even though I don't need that at the moment it may prove useful.

[quote name='crunchewy']You can try the tutorials here, but it looks to me like the current unlock for iOS 5.x is not working any more. If you have older iOS version on there (4.x) I think one of the older methods may work. See that website.

http://www.iclarified.com/entries/index.php?caid=2&scid=11&seid=1

Otherwise you'll need to find somebody on AT&T and get AT&T to unlock it. How do you do that? Because I have an AT&T iPhone 4 and am on AT&T, and if I can get AT&T to unlock it, I'll go ahead and do that even though I don't need that at the moment it may prove useful.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I looked up how to unlock it via jailbreaking and the previous methods are now defunct.

Check your PM Inbox, I sent you a PM. :)

Hi instead of asking network provider to unlock your iphone you can unlock it using online provider .I recommend you to visit Superunlockcodes.com here they help you unlock your iphone 4 from AT&T network using remote unlocking service without jail breaking it.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB414532&cv=820#fbid=38jkUFMWHYM

I have unlocked my max 5 as a former customer for friends. If you have a friend who is a current or former customer then they might be able to help you. It is much easier doing it through chat on the site then talking to someone. The first time I called and it took like an hour because the rep didn't know wtf to do with the call I think and I was on hold a lot. Every other time I went on chat and did it much quicker.
Otherwise just pay for it on another site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks1 I am going to fill out the form and give that approach a shot. Is there any need to chat/call? Or just fill out the form? I guess I'll find out.

bread's done
Back