WWE '12 on sale at Amazon.com ($10 off)

not worth it servers are constantly down and thq is no longer working towards fixing it with the focus squarely on 13 being released in a few months

Once 13 comes out, it will probably go down to $30 since that's how much last year's WWE game costs now. But then everyone will be playing the new game so it'll be pointless to buy it then.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']So because community creations doesn't work properly, the rest of the game isn't worth playing?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

The actual story mode is such a pain to get through that the community creation feature is the one standout feature that makes the game. It's one thing to download current WWE superstars that didn't make the cut, but it's something else entirely when you can download characters that would NEVER be in a WWE game -- current TNA stars, former WCW and ECW wrestlers, your favorite indie guys from ROH, comic book characters, video game people, movie stars; take all of that plus the custom ring downloadable feature and that's what makes the game interesting.

THQ has given wrestling fans a fun little sandbox to play in but having terrible servers really destroys the fun out of this one. The normal gameplay is fine, but cheaters, glitchers, and hackers run rampant online (as is the way it's been for several years now). The only way that this would be worth the price is if you're obsessive over the current WWE product, if you have someone to play against in real life, or if you're a slave to buying these games every year.

it doesnt just affect community creations as recently the actual online play has had issues as well

svr 2011 is the better buy right now

THQ's servers are awful. I enjoyed the story mode though, but the WWE Universe booking mode is ridiculous. Nobody had any clear vision for it, it seems, and the result is a muddled mess that tries to script out feuds but nothing is really worth it except as just a mode to get you playing a lot of matches.

That said, the fundamentals are pretty good.

I got it for $30 during a BBY DOTD during the holiday's and the servers were awful. Royal Rumble was nearly unplayable online. The creation thing was down pretty often. Sold it for a little more than I paid a couple weeks later.
I say pass unless you are a hardcore fan.

I'm what you may call a hardcore fan and it's definitely playable if you have someone else to tinker around in the matches with. Otherwise just wait for 13.

I bought it day one for $45 and enjoyed it while the servers worked somewhat, but once they started going wonky, I got rid of the game. Picked it back up on the cheap, but by that point the servers didn't work at all, so I got rid of it. My buddy owns it and I get my fix every now and then, but yeah.....

TL, DR: wait for wwe 13 or get it for $10-15

bread's done
Back