Price drops on Wii games: Smash, DKC Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Pikmin 2,MarioTennis

Josh1billion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I looked through the Deals forum and only saw one thread where a dude thought only Super Smash Bros. had dropped, and only at Target.

Here are the new MSRP's for some decent Wii games, taken from an e-mail I received today from Nintendo:

azbzm.png

Gamecube games ported to Wii controls:
Mario Power Tennis - $19.99
Pikmin 2 - $19.99

Wii games:
Donkey Kong Country Returns - $29.99
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - $29.99
Kirby's Epic Yarn - $19.99

^I'm the opposite, I played Pikmin 2 on the Gamecube first. Maybe I should track down the original Pikmin.

Then again, I have this feeling that Pikmin 2 was a significant improvement over the original Pikmin.

I guess Kirby didn't sell well enough to be a part of the Nintendo Selects new batch, even though it is the same price as them.

Besides, I remember hearing people getting Kirby's Epic Yarn on sale for like $15 or less new a long time ago.

Finally, Smash Bros. goes down in price.

Now if only nintendo would drop the price on the system it pisses me off the way they took away features but kept the price the same

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^I'm the opposite, I played Pikmin 2 on the Gamecube first. Maybe I should track down the original Pikmin.

Then again, I have this feeling that Pikmin 2 was a significant improvement over the original Pikmin.

I guess Kirby didn't sell well enough to be a part of the Nintendo Selects new batch, even though it is the same price as them.

Besides, I remember hearing people getting Kirby's Epic Yarn on sale for like $15 or less new a long time ago.

Finally, Smash Bros. goes down in price.[/QUOTE]

Some will argue that 2 had too many updates and that the first is better. It's probably best to play it regardless, just because it's a really good game!

Will probably rebuy Brawl at this new low price.

I loved Pikmin growing up but a few years ago some buddies and I tried to beat it in one night...it has not aged very well lol

Does anyone know if all New Play Control games have 16:9 support? Considering Pikmin 2 on GCN has been selling for about ~$50 used this is a great deal, and if it has widescreen support I may pick it up again for an inevitable 2nd playthrough. It initially seemed pretty baffling that they'd finally release it stateside this late, but now with their Pikmin 3 push it makes sense.

[quote name='nitman99']Considering Pikmin 2 on GCN has been selling for about ~$50 used this is a great deal[/QUOTE]
Holy crap.. I had no idea it was selling for so much. I've had it for a few years, purchased new black label, and have barely played it.. very good / like new condition. I'm almost tempted to sell it and buy the Wii version.

Glad to see Epic Yarn coming down. Beat the gamefly rental, but I make it a point to pick up every Kirby title I can. Looking forward to a better price point on Return to Dreamland. Love that game.

[quote name='HDShadow']Some will argue that 2 had too many updates and that the first is better. It's probably best to play it regardless, just because it's a really good game![/QUOTE]

I see, if I can find a copy of Pikmin on the Wii that too was a Nintendo Selects title.

Still hoping for Chibi-Robo!, F-Zero GX, and separate disc versions of Metroid Prime 1+2 to be added the Nintendo Selects line.

Kirby might be pretty easy, but it's the pure definition of fun gaming, and at $20 it's a steal.

Pikmin 2 Wii does have 16:9 support.

bread's done
Back