Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - Kart/water/aerial racing. Now available!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
What a title! Here's an official trailer:

[youtube]GepBTRBtEE4[/youtube]

My E3 video:

[youtube]2wFnBDP-MyU[/youtube]

The game controlled like a dream in all 3 modes, even flight. The mixture of kart racing with Wave Racer/Hydro Thunder *and* a flying game is ambitious but it definitely makes for an exciting and varied time. If you liked the first game and love SEGA, you'll probably love this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played this at the Sega booth. I was a huge huge huge fan of the first one. So I was so excited to play this one...

But I really hated the demo. The framerate was pretty bad which led to bad game controls. The guy promised that they'd lock down 30 fps by the time the game ships so I'm holding out some hope. But right now, I don't like the game. Is the game even made by the same people as it looks and feels very different? And it takes a lot for me not to like a game.

Yes, it's made by the same team AFAIK. I also didn't notice any framerate problems at all. Maybe it had to do with the track selection?

Looking forward to this one. For me and my Sonic loving son, we have fun with the first game still. Do we have a solid release date??

7570796648_24ca9552a2.jpg

Wreck-it Ralph guest-starring in Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Only thing I didn't like about the first on was track variety. I understand having a bunch of Sonic tracks but I would have rather seen other levels than several Samba De Amigo, Billy Hatcher and House of the Dead tracks.

I want to see Sega go all out with the fan service. Have somebody ride Ecco during the water parts and give me a Shenmue level.

There were too many of each characters tracks, when some got none. All the sonic levels are pulled from sonic heros was a bit of a shame. I hope to see at least one level per character.

Most important I'd love to see levels related to Shenmue and Space Channel 5.

I loved the first game, it had its problems but great for the first sega kart racer. Here is hoping to see Nei or someone else from Phantasy Star Series join the lineup!

Played the demo and it seems pretty solid. A complaint I do have from playing the demo, is the game is really blurry on 360. I am not sure if this is an old build from the demo, or just how the game is. The original game was not like this at all. Regardless I'll be picking this up.

Disappointed in the lack of Ryo as a playable character. Apparently Sumo is asking a petition of wanted characters from the community for DLC. They will present the winners to sega in hopes of getting a deal set up. Personally I want to see some more Shenmue love. Would love to see Nei or Red Ring Rico from Phantasy Star, Vectorman also seems like a no brainer. Segata Sanshiro riding a sega saturn would be amazing too.

I'm definitely hoping for Segata Sanshiro and Phantasy Star characters too.

The full game looks beautiful, so I assume the demo just doesn't run as well.

I am having a blast with the game. Rented it with a free redbox code. I can't sky drift worth #%*, but the variety of the racing is great.

bread's done
Back