WipEout HD

Buckeye23

CAGiversary!
Anyone here played/is playing this game? Currently there is a deal in the PSN store on it for $7.99 and the Fury Addon Pack is $7.99. I was gonna buy that, but then i found a bundle for $12.99 for the game and add-on. Downloading now.

Anyway, Ive beaten extensively WipEout Pure and Pulse on PSP. Anyone else a WipEout fan?

I played it a few times when it came out a few years ago but not anymore. I think it was the first psn game I bought actually. 260+ psn games later on my harddrive....

The beats in the menu screen is so cool. I think it's the fury side. I used to play it when I got it for free last year when the whole psn hacked thing happened. It's a fun game but I hate to play with others because they never turn the easy mode off (where they won't allow you to hit walls). Once I tell them to play normally, the game is no longer fun. Crashing every 3 seconds.. Definitely some skill involved with this game.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']The beats in the menu screen is so cool. I think it's the fury side. I used to play it when I got it for free last year when the whole psn hacked thing happened. It's a fun game but I hate to play with others because they never turn the easy mode off (where they won't allow you to hit walls). Once I tell them to play normally, the game is no longer fun. Crashing every 3 seconds.. Definitely some skill involved with this game.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i forgot that was ones of the free games they gave away. Didnt have a PS3 then though. But yeah, ive played the WipEout series for a long time so i do tend to avoid the walls :p

[quote name='StrandedBrit']I still love this game. Still occasionally go online with it too. One of the best.[/QUOTE]
I tried online and noticed there were 0 games. Is that true or was there just a problem on my end? I was kinda dissapointed. :(

Ive beaten Pure and Pulse on PS3, so since they are the same tracks, HD is not to hard for me. But the graphics on this game are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Every new track I unlock just stuns me. Then fury finished downloading and installing, and I was WOW'd again lol.

[quote name='Buckeye23']I tried online and noticed there were 0 games. Is that true or was there just a problem on my end? I was kinda dissapointed. :([/QUOTE]

I won't sugar coat it, the online community is really small. Most nights I'm able to see between 2-8 games though.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']I won't sugar coat it, the online community is really small. Most nights I'm able to see between 2-8 games though.[/QUOTE]
Well i tried at like 3AM EST. But that is good to know, I will be playing online then. :)

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Insane 3D gameplay on this, especially in reverse! REALLY like the Wipeout franchise!:applause:[/QUOTE]

THIS! Yeah, the game is absolutely stunning in 3D, especially in cockpit view. Everything just pops, and doesn't suffer from downgraded graphics due to increased processing for the 3D like some other PS3 games. :)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']THIS! Yeah, the game is absolutely stunning in 3D, especially in cockpit view. Everything just pops, and doesn't suffer from downgraded graphics due to increased processing for the 3D like some other PS3 games. :)[/QUOTE]
Im a bit confused, is there a 3D option or is in 3D regularly? I feel dumb :cry:

[quote name='Buckeye23']Im a bit confused, is there a 3D option or is in 3D regularly? I feel dumb :cry:[/QUOTE]

There's a 3D option, but it only works for 3D-compatible HDTVs.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']There's a 3D option, but it only works for 3D-compatible HDTVs.[/QUOTE]
Oh ok thats what I was thinking.

bread's done
Back