ICO and the Shadow of Colossus Collection PS3 $20 Amazon.com

E-Z-B

CAGiversary!
Just dropped in price:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Shadow-Colossus-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0J5FG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339596480&sr=8-1&keywords=Ico+ps3

Awesome! Been waiting on this. I have the ps2 versions but never finished them.

So, I just signed up for PS+, will the code for the free month just extend my membership by a month?

[quote name='henryVIII']Been waiting on a price drop on this forever.

Anyone know if this is a permanent price drop? Or just a sale?[/QUOTE]

Don't know, but GameFly just had it for the same price, which is either a coincidence or there may be some publisher promotion here (either sale or price drop). Most other stores seem to be holding their price so far.

Come on universal price drop!

If not, I might just get ICO on the PSN when it goes on sale. (I think both games are available separately on PSN.) Already have Shadow of Colossus on PS2 and half way through it.

[quote name='gantt']Don't know, but GameFly just had it for the same price, which is either a coincidence or there may be some publisher promotion here (either sale or price drop). Most other stores seem to be holding their price so far.[/QUOTE]

Thinks its a Sony PS+ promotion/drop only. With Wii U out this Christmas, New Xbox out next year, and Sony with no new system anounce or PS3 price drop. They have to push/produce better titles and PS+ promos to get the bigger Christmas console sales market.

These HD collections are dropping at a much slower pace than I expected. I've been waiting on a sub-$20 mark for Sly and PoP but it doesn't seem like either one is happening... that, or I missed them being sub-$20.

[quote name='Vinny']These HD collections are dropping at a much slower pace than I expected. I've been waiting on a sub-$20 mark for Sly and PoP but it doesn't seem like either one is happening... that, or I missed them being sub-$20.[/QUOTE]

sly was on sale and had a coupon near release week at kmart (when they were doing that) that resulted on the < 20 price. Same with ICO/SotC and GoW origins or was it collections with Best buy that knocked it down to 10 or 15 each. NO such luck on the newer released HD collections though. Looks lik Sony figured out classic HD collections are worth releasing and not dropping them unless they have to.

[quote name='nixmahn']Thinks its a Sony PS+ promotion/drop only. With Wii U out this Christmas, New Xbox out next year, and Sony with no new system anounce or PS3 price drop. They have to push/produce better titles and PS+ promos to get the bigger Christmas console sales market.[/QUOTE]

GameFly didn't offer the PS+ promo (and probably doesn't have the means to send an email with code like Amazon), but you could be right.

Definitely gonna pick this up
Sig.jpg

[quote name='henryVIII']Been waiting on a price drop on this forever.

Anyone know if this is a permanent price drop? Or just a sale?[/QUOTE]

You should start looking into preorder offers- I got mine for $30 ($40 - $10 credit) on launch but then it jumped to 40 with no credit for the longest time

[quote name='Namerson']Don't forget to mention it also comes with 30 days of Playstation Plus[/QUOTE]

that deal is still going on? I don't see it on the page

[quote name='mcdaking84']that deal is still going on? I don't see it on the page[/QUOTE]

You can grab it from the right side, even thought it's temp OOS.

[quote name='emperordahc']Decided to pass. I just played through these on my old PS2 copies.[/QUOTE]

That's a horrible reason to pass. :*(

Should've waited for this. Bought it when it was $34.something & regretted it as Ico ended up just as I was expecting; an overrated as hell hand-holding simulator with an idiot for a partner. SoTC can't make up for the price itself.

I'm in the same boat - bought it and the Uncharted Dual Pack for $30 each back when they had that promo last year.

Haven't opened either of 'em yet. Smart.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Should've waited for this. Bought it when it was $34.something & regretted it as Ico ended up just as I was expecting; an overrated as hell hand-holding simulator with an idiot for a partner. SoTC can't make up for the price itself.[/QUOTE]

You kick puppies, don't you?

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Should've waited for this. Bought it when it was $34.something & regretted it as Ico ended up just as I was expecting; an overrated as hell hand-holding simulator with an idiot for a partner. SoTC can't make up for the price itself.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, Shadow of the Colossus is still worth 34 imo. Especially if you have never played it before. Love that game.

I tried to play this but my ps2 looks like shit on my tv. I need this hd collection but I will wait for 10 - 15. It will happen eventually. Maybe black friday or sometime next year.

Bought this last weekend at $39.99 new prime, and came with the 30 days of PSN+. I contacted amazon today and let them know, and they said while they don't price match, they'll honor it and refunded me $20.

I love amazon...

[quote name='ckc4043']When will mgs drop to this price....[/QUOTE]

Used copies like new of mgs collection dropped to $20.xx in AWD

These games are even more amazing in HD and running at a fluid rate with no slowdowns Is worth more then the $20 (that I paid too last year) in my opinion, this deal is a steal.

[quote name='langdon_alger']Awesome! Been waiting on this. I have the ps2 versions but never finished them.

So, I just signed up for PS+, will the code for the free month just extend my membership by a month?[/QUOTE]
Yes but you are required to put up your credit card info so they can auto-renew your membership once the free trial expires.
Might rebuy this, already got it when it was 15 at BB a few weeks after release but never got into shadow now I can actually finished that game.

[quote name='mvpcrossxover']any code for free shipping? everytime i buy a $20 i keep paying for shipping, god dang it[/QUOTE]

Buy a $5 item to use as filler this way you don't pay for shipping, stupid to pay for shipping when you can get a $5 item instead.

[quote name='SaraAB']Buy a $5 item to use as filler this way you don't pay for shipping, stupid to pay for shipping when you can get a $5 item instead.[/QUOTE]

don't know what to buy for $5 though

bread's done
Back