Mikerocosms

CAGiversary!
New Releases coming out Tuesday, June 19, 2012:
Jeff Who Lives at Home:

• DVD (with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $17.99
  • Blu-ray (with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99
Wanderlust:

• DVD - $15.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99
Big Miracle:

• DVD - $15.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $19.99
Project X:

• DVD (with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $14.99
  • Blu-ray (Movie-Only Edition with UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $17.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and UltraViolet Digital Copy) - $22.99
Seeking Justice:

• DVD - $15.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $19.99
Cat Run:

• DVD - $11.99
  • Blu-ray - $15.99
Sister Act: 20th Anniversary Edition - 2-Movie Collection:

• Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $12.99
Louie:

• Season 2 DVD - $24.99
  • Season 2 Blu-ray - $29.99
  • Seasons 1 & 2 2-Pack DVD + Blu-ray - $26.99 *Best Buy exclusive*
Franklin & Bash: The Complete First Season:

• DVD - $29.99
Wilfred: The Complete First Season:

NOTE: Reposting of any part of this article requires a link back to the original article.
Available Now:
The Grey:

• DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $19.99
Contraband:

• DVD - $14.99
  • Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD and Digital Copy) - $19.99
Hondo:

• Blu-ray - $12.99
Thin Ice:

• DVD - $12.99
  • Blu-ray - $16.99
$14.99 DVD / $19.99 Blu-ray:

• The Thing [2011] (Blu-ray includes DVD and Digital Copy)
  • A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (Blu-ray includes DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy)
  • J. Edgar
  • The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1
TV on DVD Sale:
Eureka:

• Seasons 1 - 4 - $12.99 each
  • Season 4.5 - $16.99
In Plain Sight:

• Seasons 1 - 3 - $12.99 each
  • Season 4 - $19.99
Stargate Atlantis:

• Seasons 1 - 5 - $12.99 each
Warehouse 13:

• Seasons 1 - 2 - $12.99
Covert Affairs:

• Seasons 1 - 2 - $19.99 each
Psych:

• Seasons 1 - 3 - $12.99 each
  • Season 4 - 5 - $19.99 each
$14.99 Disney DVD Sale:
Free Mickey & Friends beach ball when you buy select Disney DVDs including:

• The Three Musketeers
  • Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Season 1 - Volume 1
  • Have a Laugh: Volume 3
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Space Adventure
  • more titles available in store

Thanks to Annie Chu!

The Louie season bundle feels like a slap in the face to this loyal fan. I refuse to spend more to get less. $30 for one season versus $27 for something I already half own.

Maybe it's a difference in features, will have to wait and see for myself. Really want to catch up since I ditched cable partway through the last season.

In for Louie, as long as it isn't in a DVD sized case like the season ones I've seen at Best Buy... I never saw the set in the blu ray case at BB ever

I know we can't post pics of ads before they come out, but has anyone on this thread seen the ad? I'd like to know if the Louie 1/2 season pack is in a Bluray case or DVD sized case.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I know we can't post pics of ads before they come out, but has anyone on this thread seen the ad? I'd like to know if the Louie 1/2 season pack is in a Bluray case or DVD sized case.[/QUOTE]

Looks DVD to me from the picture.

Is BestBuy getting a special version of Project X with a DVD, Digital Copy and UV Digital Copy? All I can see online is that it comes with DVD and UV Digital Copy. Would love an iTunes compatible copy if they are having an exclusive.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Is BestBuy getting a special version of Project X with a DVD, Digital Copy and UV Digital Copy? All I can see online is that it comes with DVD and UV Digital Copy. Would love an iTunes compatible copy if they are having an exclusive.[/QUOTE]

I think it was a typo in the OP. The site has that version up for preorder and it just says Blu + DVD + UV DC

BB Website says that the S1 + S2 pack for Louie is DVD:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Louie:+...946&skuId=5585236&st=louie season 2&lp=1&cp=1

Though, the combo BD/DVD release for S1 is in two form factors, one BD and one DVD:
(DVD) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Louie:+...493&skuId=2683789&st=louie season 2&lp=4&cp=1
(BD) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Louie:+...91&skuId=19223364&st=louie season 2&lp=5&cp=1

Might be worth someone checking tomorrow in-store to see if the S1 + S2 pack is BD/DVD or just DVD.

From what I've seen it is both DVD/BD on one disc.

It's two disc for both season and double sided. One side is for blu-ray the other side is DVD.
Unless I'm wrong cause I'm still debating on picking this up or not.

The Louie Season 1 and 2 exclusive was a bit of a disappointment. Season 2 is only the DVD, not Blu Ray. Unlike last year, they don't have combos for this season, just a DVD or Blu Ray version. Still Picked it up cause at 26.99 it's a great deal especially when one of them is a new release. After all, is Louie something you need to see on Blu Ray? This isn't a Pixar flick or Avatar. Not like there is a whole $hit load of special effects and CGI going on. And I watched Season 1 on DVD earlier and it looked pretty damn good.

[quote name='JP73']The Louie Season 1 and 2 exclusive was a bit of a disappointment. Season 2 is only the DVD, not Blu Ray. Unlike last year, they don't have combos for this season, just a DVD or Blu Ray version. Still Picked it up cause at 26.99 it's a great deal especially when one of them is a new release. After all, is Louie something you need to see on Blu Ray? This isn't a Pixar flick or Avatar. Not like there is a whole $hit load of special effects and CGI going on. And I watched Season 1 on DVD earlier and it looked pretty damn good.[/QUOTE]If it's S1 on the flipper BD / DVD disc and S2 is on DVD, that seems like an odd decision to make. Must be because they did DVD / BD flippers for both packaging options on S1 and they split it up on S2.

Far more times than not, it's better to have the BD version over the DVD version.

bread's done
Back