YMMV: STAPLES CANADA:$9.97 Clearance 360 titles/ $4.97 Clearance Wii titles

dvdswapper

CAGiversary!
Before my brother hit FutureShop he went to Staples(keele/stclair) and found a bunch of games on sale.
One of the csr's said that they had the same games for ps3 that's on sale for 360 but all gone except rage. He also said that other stores should have many of these titles as well, although that remains to be seen. No idea if they do or not, call your location or pop in, your choice.
Keele/Stclair doesn't offer 50% off but some locations do, making these prices super hot if they are at a discounted location.
EVERYTHING IS YMMV, NO CONFIRMATION ON WHAT OTHER STORES ARE OFFERING!

$9.97
Assassin Creed: Brotherhood x1
rage x1
la noire x1
crysis 2 x2
mx vs atv untamed x1
saints row 2 x2
dead rising 2 x1
mj the experience x1
swfu2 x2
mvc3 x1

$17.97
two worlds x2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ps3
$9.97
rage x1

$17.97
two world's x2

$22.97
infamous 2 x1

-----------------------------------------------------------------

wii
$4.97
bubble shooter x2
chicken shooter x1
rygar
+shovel ware games(mostly one of each title)

nds
$4.97 x1
top spin 3

[quote name='Lockescythe']batman arkham city and FF13-2 would like to contend that "honor"[/QUOTE]

You could throw ME3 on that pile as well. 50% in the same month is a huge drop.

[quote name='Lockescythe']batman arkham city and FF13-2 would like to contend that "honor"[/QUOTE]

i don't think AA dropped that low..i remember picking mine up for $29 on black friday which was only like 2 weeks after AA was released but after that it rose back up to $59..Rage is definitely one of the fastest drop i have seen in a game..the fastest drop i have ever seen was Brink...that game dropped to $15 like a month after release LOL

Thanks OP! For once, a Staples gaming sale I can take advantage of! I also got RAGE. For anyone looking, the item number looks to be:

Anyone have the number for PS3 or Xbox L.A. Noire? They can't find it in their system, and I don't feel like driving all over town (Edmonton Claireview had none)

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Staples in Aurora On. was a joke. Everything was knocked down by MAYBE $6

If it was $29.99, it's now $23.97... Big whoop.[/QUOTE]

You had them scan it, right? My game was stickered as "clearance", $23.97 and rang up at $9.97.

Wii Epic Mickey was $17 at Edmonton Calgary Trail South with a further 20% off. Otherwise the store was bare.

Saw no games of interest, but I got a Sandisk 16g usb drive for 12 and a Kodak 16g SD card for 6 (pricing error). I'm likely much better with that than yet another batch of games.

This seems to still be going on; stopped in at Staples in Kingston, ON (on Gardiner's) and got these:

PS3
LA Noire
Mass Effect 2
Rage Anarchy Edition

All $9.97 each. Only other game there was Homefront for X360 at 9.97 as well.

Here's a bump, as I couldn't post when I registered, and forgot about it since (YMMV, no guarantees, and whatnot)

360 -- L.A. Noire: 329354
360 -- BRINK: 329359
360 -- Rage (Limited Edition): 372338
360 -- Dead Space 2 (Limited Edition): 920635
360 -- Homefront: 923822
360 -- Duke Nukem Forever: 354931
PS3 -- Duke Nukem Forever: 354928

(And probably not $9.97, but still clearance:)
360 -- Two Worlds 2: 923033 ($17.97, IIRC)
360 -- Lost Planet 2: 890269
360 -- Crysis 2: 928232
360 -- Halo Reach: 902220 ($22.97)
360 -- Fable 3: 912967 ($22.97)
360 -- NFS: The Run (Limited Edition): 414585 (??)

Also, some new price drops soon: (15th or 16th of July) (Again, YMMV, no guarantees, and whatnot)

360 -- Assassin's Creed: Revelations: 372364 ($19.97)
360 -- Dance Central: Kinect: 912962 ($19.97)
[EDIT]: PC -- Fable 3: 324723 ($19.97)
PC -- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: 400882 ($19.97)
360 -- Batman: Arkham Asylum: 372343 ($19.97)
PC -- Call of Duty: Black Ops: 905265 ($19.97)
Wii -- Kirby's Return to Dreamland: 398023 ($19.97)

Last edited:
[quote name='Shadyman']Here's a bump, as I couldn't post when I registered, and forgot about it since (YMMV, no guarantees, and whatnot)

XBOX 360
---------------
L.A. Noire: 329354
BRINK: 329359
Rage (Limited Edition): 372338
Dead Space 2 (Limited Edition): 920635
Homefront: 923822
Halo Reach: 902220

(And probably not $9.97, but still clearance:)
Two Worlds 2: 923033 ($17.97, IIRC)
Lost Planet 2: 890269
Crysis 2: 928232
NFS: The Run (Limited Edition): 414585 (??)

Also, some new price drops soon: (15th or 16th of July) (Again, YMMV, no guarantees, and whatnot)

360 -- Assassin's Creed: Revelations: 372364 ($19.97)
360 -- Dance Central: Kinect: 912962 ($19.97)
360 -- Fable 3: 324723 ($19.97) [About the same price as EB Games' $19.99]
PC -- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: 400882 ($19.97)
360 -- Batman: Arkham Asylum: 372343 ($19.97)
PC -- Call of Duty: Black Ops: 905265 ($19.97)
Wii -- Kirby's Return to Dreamland: 398023 ($19.97)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this! Do you have a number for Kirby?

[quote name='collector42']Thanks for this! Do you have a number for Kirby?[/QUOTE]

Besides a SKU of 398023, I'm not sure.. What number are you looking for? :whistle2:#

Note some edits to the list I posted above.. Fable 3 is PC not 360, and Halo Reach isn't $9.97, it's more.

[quote name='Shadyman']Besides a SKU of 398023, I'm not sure.. What number are you looking for? :whistle2:#

Note some edits to the list I posted above.. Fable 3 is PC not 360, and Halo Reach isn't $9.97, it's more.[/QUOTE]

Umm, the number i was after was the number of friends Kirby can make throughout the game.

Nah, the SKU was what I meant! Thanks! ;)

[quote name='collector42']Umm, the number i was after was the number of friends Kirby can make throughout the game.[/QUOTE]
Wat8.jpg

[quote name='collector42']

Nah, the SKU was what I meant! Thanks! ;)[/QUOTE]
OH_YOU.jpg

[quote name='collector42']Umm, the number i was after was the number of friends Kirby can make throughout the game.

Nah, the SKU was what I meant! Thanks! ;)[/QUOTE]

Okay, I LOLd. :lol:
Glad I could help :cool:

[quote name='Shadyman']Okay, I LOLd. :lol:
Glad I could help :cool:[/QUOTE]

Glad you laughed. And TeaBisquit, I liked your contribution--I'd quote that 'wat'...image, but I'd rather not see it again.

Ever. *shudder*

Thanks! I got Kirby: Return to Dreamland for 10$ (they added another 50% discount for some reason). And to think I was about to buy it full price at 50$...

Thanks again!

I swear I'm 1-40 on Staples deals in this city...

So Edmonton Calgary Trail looks up L.A. Noire for PS3 via the SKU provided and tell me it's 22.97. And sold out in Edmonton.

Kirby? Yah, that scans at 29.97. But now it appears I'm getting my Kirby's mixed up. Dreamland--the newer one--that's the one for $20, while Epic Yarn is still $30? Do I have that right? (does Kirby make fewer friends in Dreamland? Is that why it's cheap?)

Plenty of Epic Yarns to be found--no Dreamlands in sight...

*sigh*

[quote name='collector42']I swear I'm 1-40 on Staples deals in this city...

So Edmonton Calgary Trail looks up L.A. Noire for PS3 via the SKU provided and tell me it's 22.97. And sold out in Edmonton.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, PC games, 360 games and PS3 games all drop at different rates :roll:

[quote name='materialz']Here's two PS3 SKUs:

Mass Effect 2 923030-1
LA Noire 329353-1[/QUOTE]

Nice :) Note that the number past the dash is typically ignored, as it's not actually part of the SKU, but actually a check digit :)

[quote name='collector42']Kirby? Yah, that scans at 29.97. But now it appears I'm getting my Kirby's mixed up. Dreamland--the newer one--that's the one for $20, while Epic Yarn is still $30? Do I have that right? (does Kirby make fewer friends in Dreamland? Is that why it's cheap?)[/QUOTE] That's because one game has "Epic" in its title. It's also the one without angry Kirby.

[quote name='Mr.']That's because one game has "Epic" in its title. It's also the one without angry Kirby.[/QUOTE]

Good point! I suppose I should be thankful they didn't call it "Epic Dreamland" or we'd never see a break in the price.

Has anyone seen a price drop on Wii Party? I keep seeing a ton of copies at $29.97, which is too steep for me because I don't have an intense interest in it. But at $15 or $20 I'd think about it.

To me it's weird they haven't slashed its price, sitting on a lot of inventory. Picked up Kirby today (mispriced)... Should have asked them to check WP too

About a week or two ago, I picked up Kirby Returns to Dreamland for $17.47, thanks guys! I also recently bought Pilotwings Resort for $17.47 and the Nyko Perfect Shot (wii handgun) for ~$10.

Today I picked up Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story for $17.47, and PICROSS 3D for $9.97. That price for M&L:BIS is a steal, if you can find it!

=================================

[quote name='SickBoy']Has anyone seen a price drop on Wii Party? ....at $15 or $20 I'd think about it.
[/QUOTE]

It's $15 on clearance at the Real Canadian Superstore if you can find it. I had my stores last copy in my hands but I decided to put it back because I was already spending crazy money. Kind of regret that.

Regarding Wii Party, the price is $20 -- my Staples is just awful at marking stuff down. Bought it and then saw it a few days later for $15 at RCSS. Oh well. Would buy it and return it to Staples, but not sure I still have that receipt.

Today I picked up Dance Central and Kirby's Return to Dreamland at the Staples across from Carlingwood in Ottawa. They are giving 50% off clearance items.

I also saw: Rage, Batman Arkham Asylum, Mario & Bowser's Inside Story, Kirby's Super Star Challenge, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Wii Party and somethings I'm forgetting.

The manager was on cash when I went up and she was super nice to give me the 10% customer appreciation discount too.

[quote name='stressgal']Mario & Bowser's Inside Story
[/QUOTE]
[quote name='stressgal']Kirby's Super Star Challenge
[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause:

I believe you mean:
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
4171-Mario-Luigi-Bowsers-Inside-Story-U.jpg

and
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby_Super_Star_Ultra_cover_art.jpg

[quote name='TeaBisquit']:lol::applause:

I believe you mean:
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
and
Kirby Super Star Ultra
[/QUOTE]

Oops. That is what I get for posting when I'm tired. I have Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story so there is no excuse for that one. I promise to do better next time.

[quote name='stressgal']Oops. That is what I get for posting when I'm tired.[/quote]
I know whatch'ya mean!
[quote name='stressgal']I have Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story....[/QUOTE]
Isn't it amazing?

I found these two games yesterday:

Child of Eden (360) - $0.97
Who Wants to be a Millionaire? 2012 Edition (360) - $0.97

Not bad for a couple of Kinect titles. Prices were not marked on the games, but they scanned at the discounted price.

Child of Eden for less than coffee is really sweet. Especially when you don't need Kinect for it! If I found that, I know I'd be celebrating.

$10- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
$17- Kingdom Hearts: 258/2 Days
$10- Professeur Layton et la boîte de Pandore (I'm in Québec)

Haven't found Donkey Kong Country yet.

Our Staples had some first-party launch 3DS games on for cheap. Nintendogs+Cats, Pilotwings and Steel Diver were each $17.

[quote name='TeaBisquit']$10- Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
$17- Kingdom Hearts: 258/2 Days
$10- Professeur Layton et la boîte de Pandore (I'm in Québec)

Haven't found Donkey Kong Country yet.[/QUOTE]

St Dorothee Laval. The Staples/Bureau En Gros in that mall has it. Just get Futureshop to price match it, and you get it for $17.99.

Anyone see anything in GVR? I have no time to look around due to work, so just curious. Sucks that there's no Staples around me anymore. I used to go to the one by my Uni when I was still in school (UBC).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Club (360) is $5, Dragon Age 2 (360/PS3) is $10, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Wii) is $10 (should I have picked this up?), Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (DS) is $10.

Nyko Perfect Shot light gun for the Wii is $7.97, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law for PSP is $0.97, Dissidia 012[duodecim] Final Fantasy for PSP is $9.97, and Ace Attorney:Apollo Justice for the DS is $4.97. At the Staples in Riviere du Loup, Quebec, all these were an extra 50% off! Some Staples have extra 25% off clearance items. There was also Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for the 360 for $17.97, Pilotwings Resort, Kirby Superstar Ultra, for the usual staples clearance price, I wish I waited to get these with this 50% off deal!

All in all, I picked up 3 Nyko Perfect Shots, Dissidia 012, Harvey Birdman, and Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice all for less than $20! I would have gotten Two Worlds II if they had it, it would have been less than $9, damn.

bread's done
Back