Adding a "Like" or "Recommended" button?

blinknot4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Cheapy and crew,

Any thoughts to adding a Like button to the posts/threads on the site? It would be nice to click a button to acknowledge a post, whether helpful or humorous.

Does not have to be a 'Like' button by name - it could could be a 'Recommended' button or whatever. Just some way to nod your head at a post without clogging up threads. And then on the flip-side, the poster could see which CAGs gave their post a thumbs-up.

Snoogans.

You can like threads via Facebook and give them ratings. And there was someone else a month earlier who suggested a +rep idea for posts/threads. I don't remember what became of it, but I think they might be adding it in CAG 3.0, but I don't remember, you'll have to find the thread and check.

[quote name='MrPiggles']You can like threads via Facebook and give them ratings. And there was someone else a month earlier who suggested a +rep idea for posts/threads. I don't remember what became of it, but I think they might be adding it in CAG 3.0, but I don't remember, you'll have to find the thread and check.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean for rep points, fake XP, or for Facebook. I just mean a simple button on each post (next to the quote button, for example) to click on and give somebody a thumbs-up.

Trust me, it would be great.

[quote name='shrike4242']Pretty much, yes.[/QUOTE]

No, it is not.

Perhaps I'm explaining it well enough. That star system is to rate threads. I was asking for a feature that allow you to give a like/thumbs up to a specific post.

Just a 'like' button that simply adds a 'shrike4242, blinknot4 and 10 other CAGs like this' to the post. A button for not only the OP - but any/all posts within the thread. Nothing linked to FB or other outside site - just for us CAGs. It could be right next to the quote or edit button.

This is common on many websites these days - not sure how difficult it is to implement.

I actually thought cheapy (maybe it were other people though) had posted in previous years that he didn't like the idea because it turns everything into a dick waving contest (that already kinda exists sometimes in marketplace feedback, I've see people call people out due to "being a member for years but not having any feedback", not often, but I have seen it), but he said in January that CAG was moving to a different forum software and that it would have a like system in place that would be used. That upgrade was supposed to take a month so it's been in effect for a few months now. :cool:

[quote name='blinknot4']No, it is not.

Perhaps I'm explaining it well enough. That star system is to rate threads. I was asking for a feature that allow you to give a like/thumbs up to a specific post.

Just a 'like' button that simply adds a 'shrike4242, blinknot4 and 10 other CAGs like this' to the post. A button for not only the OP - but any/all posts within the thread. Nothing linked to FB or other outside site - just for us CAGs. It could be right next to the quote or edit button.

This is common on many websites these days - not sure how difficult it is to implement.[/QUOTE]

So essentially, a +rep feature?

Shit dude, I do not know why this is so hard understand. No, read all 7 of the posts. I already said I don't give a shit about fake 'website XP', Rep or whatever.
It is just a way to give a thumbs up to something so you can see which of your CAG buddies liked what you posted on here. It does not get channeled into points or some random thing.

You ever hit 'Recommend' on an article comment on the Verge? Or clicked a thumbs up on your friend's photo on Facebook. Or ever given a star to a comment on Kotaku? Or slapped the thumbs up button on PS3Trophies.org comments. Okay - just like that.

Nevermind - I honestly cannot believe this is eternally difficult to understand.

[quote name='blinknot4']Shit dude, I do not know why this is so hard understand. No, read all 7 of the posts. I already said I don't give a shit about fake 'website XP', Rep or whatever.
It is just a way to give a thumbs up to something so you can see which of your CAG buddies liked what you posted on here. It does not get channeled into points or some random thing.

You ever hit 'Recommend' on an article comment on the Verge? Or clicked a thumbs up on your friend's photo on Facebook. Or ever given a star to a comment on Kotaku? Or slapped the thumbs up button on PS3Trophies.org comments. Okay - just like that.

Nevermind - I honestly cannot believe this is eternally difficult to understand.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what a +rep feature is. When you do it, at the bottom of the post, it lists all of the users that gave that post rep, exactly like a "like" button. I really don't know what else you mean.

[quote name='MrPiggles']That's exactly what a +rep feature is. When you do it, at the bottom of the post, it lists all of the users that gave that post rep, exactly like a "like" button. I really don't know what else you mean.[/QUOTE]

Ok I get you - I thought you meant some arbitrary point system or 'dick waving' statistic or something. Sure if you call it a rep system - then yes. Similar to +1 on Google+ -- only this would be just for us on CAG.

bread's done
Back