Amazon videos

Seems like it. Sign into Amazon, Go to "Your Acocunt" page and scroll down to "Digital Content," it will have links to your video library and your music library.

Edit: Just looked at the links and the content. Didn't want to mess with it too much just in case I'm wrong.

[quote name='Scorch']No. You can't re-download videos or songs.. as far as I know.[/QUOTE]
You can defiantly redownload songs. I know because everything is stored on the cloud when you buy songs through Amazon and they give you the option to redownload using the cloud player.

Video I am unsure of but I don't see why not. Maybe up to a certain limit?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']You can defiantly redownload songs. I know because everything is stored on the cloud when you buy songs through Amazon and they give you the option to redownload using the cloud player.[/QUOTE]

You cannot redownload songs. It can go to the cloud and you can play it via their cloud player, but as far as downloading an MP3 to your PC, that can only be done once. I had to e-mail CS because I lost an MP3 I had purchased and they allowed me to download it again.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you lost your MP3 download.

The Amazon MP3 store only delivers one copy of each Amazon MP3 file you purchase at the time of the transaction, and we are unable to replace any purchased files that you delete or lose due to a system or disk error. If you choose to download the file to your computer at the time of purchase, you are responsible for backing up the music stored on your computer.

However, because of the circumstances, I've made your music available for download again from Your Digital Orders.

[quote name='Scorch']You cannot redownload songs. It can go to the cloud and you can play it via their cloud player, but as far as downloading an MP3 to your PC, that can only be done once. I had to e-mail CS because I lost an MP3 I had purchased and they allowed me to download it again.[/QUOTE]

I'm using the Cloud Player for Web but do you not have the link to download when you click on the down arrow when you're viewing albums, or just a download button when looking at an individual album? I just re-downloaded an album I purchased back in April. Anything in the cloud can be re-downloaded AFAIK.

I haven't used their cloud player or stored anything in Amazon's cloud (I don't buy MP3's via Amazon that often, I mostly use iTunes). I just download it when it gives me the option.

Since they introduced the cloud player all songs can be downloaded an unlimited number of times (as long as you bought it after the cloud player was introduced).

Videos can only be downloaded on two systems and I can't find anyway to reset that limit, plus if you re-install windows, change harddrives, etc... it may not be recognized as the same system. Because of this limit I always just stream videos.

Yep, you can download songs through the cloud player now, and there's no limit on that.

The video sucks as it's limited to 2, so it's best to just rent/stick with the free streams if you have Prime.

It kills me that companies put ridiculous restrictions on content, like video in this case, and then wonder why the service isn't more popular. Sure, why wouldn't I want to purchase a video which I can only watch on two devices, and which may stop working if either system changes? Sign me up!

I'm guessing the restriction is from the studios rather than Amazon though.

I know that's true of Kindle books. Amazon doesn't require DRM or limits on how many devices it can be on etc, all that's up to the publishers.

I don't want the cloud player. Amazon had a server failure not too long ago and many sites were inaccessible. If I pay for music, I want it to hear it whenever I want to hear it. Amazon may allow infinite downloads through the cloud, but only one download to your computer.

Then stick with iTunes. I just buy wherever is cheaper as I've long been in the habit of putting all my music on all my computers and a portable harddrive, as well as my mp3 players etc., so I've never had a need to redownload something anyway personally.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'm guessing the restriction is from the studios rather than Amazon though.

I know that's true of Kindle books. Amazon doesn't require DRM or limits on how many devices it can be on etc, all that's up to the publishers.[/QUOTE]
Oh I have no doubt that it is the studios, which makes it all that much more ridiculous. I don't want to turn this into a piracy vs. reasonable use thread, so I think I'll just stop here. I just think these video "services" are a farce.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Then stick with iTunes. I just buy wherever is cheaper as I've long been in the habit of putting all my music on all my computers and a portable harddrive, as well as my mp3 players etc., so I've never had a need to redownload something anyway personally.[/QUOTE]

I do.

[quote name='Scorch']I don't buy MP3's via Amazon that often, I mostly use iTunes[/quote]

The only time I've bought via Amazon is if they have a huge sale on an album or they hand out promotional credit (which they've been doing a lot recently)

bread's done
Back