Turning off the audio file on front page?

Kaige

CAGiversary!
Every time I go to the front page, suddenly an audio file plays from what I'm assuming is E3. I hear a "whoaaa" and then the song "Party Rock" plays over the crowd in the background.

I've attempted to locate it on the page and possibly find a way to deactivate it, but I haven't been able to find it. I blocked a couple things and all it did was break the page and still play the file.

Any help? Its honestly pretty fucking annoying to come read the front page and suddenly have to hear the file, especially early in the morning when I forget to turn the speakers down from the night before lol.

I don't run into that issue when hitting the CAG front page.

I'm using Firefox 13.0 with AdBlock and FlashBlock, and even with using another browser like Chrome 19.0 (also with FlashBlock and AdBlock), IE 9, Opera 11.64 or Safari 5.1.7, I never hear any audio file playing.

I run into this issue as well, also using Firefox with AdBlock, NoScript, and Ghostery. I think if you mouse over that region at all, it starts playing the E3 audio.

For me, it was doing it whenever I loaded the page. It's not doing it now. It was doing it as recently as two days ago.

no problem here.

edit: just checked again...this time i stayed on homepage for like 10 seconds and it started playing. weird..im on chrome and i have adblock.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF? everytime I come to CAG, the same Audio auto plays, its extremely annoying. Im thinking about blocking the whole page ads, but I know CheapyD makes revenue off ads, so just giving them a chance and hopefully it gets fixed. Its been doing that for well over 4 days.

I found the object in discussion

Cheapassgamer at E3 2012 posted 6-3-12
Its the AudioBoo file named "CAG at E3 2012: Day 3 Wrap up"

Their is no way to stop it because according to the media player on CAG homepage shows its playing the file BUT their is no stop button, just a Play button which does nothing.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Do you guys have all those entries collapsed? I've never heard it until just now when I opened up that day's entry.[/QUOTE]

entries collapsed? Whenever I visit CAG, they are always opened, never knew you could change that?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Click the downward facing arrows beside yesterday's entry. It should collapse them all but that one.[/QUOTE]

so far so good, havent heard anything since choosing having items collapsed, Thanks! hopefully it stays like that

I just logged on with my sound on for the first time in a long time and it played. I just blocked the AudioBoo crap and it was gone.

bread's done
Back