Potential Craiglist scam?

panasonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
Hey guys I'm selling on craiglist for the first time and someone wants to buy from me but it just seems awkwardly written to the point I'm not sure if there is some type of scam here. I'm going to post the full email if anyone can offer some assistance. Please and thank you

Thanks for the prompt response and im sorry for the late response,it
was due to the tight schedule, i will love to make an instant purchase
of it,i hope it is in good condition like it stated in the AD, i have
taken a close look at the advert,and am completely satisfied with it,
so please do withdraw the advert from Craigslist to avoid disturbance
from other buyers.I want you to know that i will be paying via
certified check,it will be an over night payment............. You
don,t need to bother yourself with the shipment OK,I will take care of
that myself....

I will need you to provide me with the following information to
facilitate the mailing of the payment asap....

1.....Full name to write on the check
2.....Full Physical address to post the check(City,State,Zip code)
3.....Home & Cell Phone to contact you

*** Note that the payment will be shipped to your address via FEDEX /
USPS COURIER SERVICE and I will like you to know that you will not be
responsible for shipping i will have my mover to come over as soon as
you have cashed the check.

Awaiting for your prompt response.

I'd have deleted that at 'certified check'. I haven't used Craiglist personally, but I read enough stories to know that's a scam. You'd get the check, the bank would give you the money, and everything would look fine... then a week down the road it'd turn out to be fake and the bank would take the money back- that's how this normally goes. Chances are, the check would be for more than the cost of the item too, and he'd expect you to wire back the difference.

Go far, far away from this "buyer".

EDIT: Also, "my mover will come for the item"? I read "And now we'll break into your house for the other good stuff". No idea if that's common, but I'd be worried about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eLefAdEr']Selling on Craigslist? CASH ONLY. Always.[/QUOTE]

Oh, and must meet in a public place during the day or it isn't happening (though you should always bring someone with you just in case). End of discussion really.

If they won't dole out cash and won't meet you in a public venue, then don't do business with them. Easy as that.

Anybody that's fair dealing would find that so innocuous that it wouldn't be an issue.

sounds like whoever it is may not be interested in buying something as they are giving you something......like their dick inside your ass. if your dumb enough to give them your name and address good luck and i look forward to your future posts on anal rape.

who the hell sends "movers" to someones apt to pick up something? i dont know much about craigslist but i hope you didnt have to put your real info on there to post the ad. sounds like some kind of weird robbery setup.

Its sad in a way. I used to use Craiglist to find apartments and find jobs in the past. Now there are so many scams that it's not realiable anymore.

My friend got burned like this looking for a job on CL. like 2-3 grand. Felt bad as hell but that was an expensive lesson learned.

bread's done
Back