Kirby 20th Anniversary Special Collection (Wii)

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Famitsu revealed that Kirby 20th Anniversary Special Collection for Wii will include 6 classic Kirby titles, and there will be a new element Motto Challenge Stage, in which you challenge the high score by using specific copy abilities from Kirby, there will be over 10 stages in this mode. The 6 classic titles include:

Kirby's Dream Land (GB)
Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB)
Kirby's Adventure (FC/NES)
Kirby Super Star (SFC/SNES)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SFC/SNES)
Kirby 64 (N64)

I missed out Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby N64. Hope MSRP $19.99 or $29.99 :)

Would definitely love this. I've only played through Kirby's Adventure and Super Star. Have always wanted Dream Land 3.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']Glad I didn't use my club Nintendo coins on Kirby's Super Star yet.[/QUOTE]
Same here, I was waiting to see if the collection was going to be worth buying. Looks like it is so I'll use my points on something else.

I was really hoping for the SNES version of Kirby's Star Stacker that was released only in Japan! :(

Where's Kirby's Blockball, Kirby's Pinball Land, or at the Gameboy version of Kirby's Star Stacker. Nintedo could have fit those three Gameboy games on there?

I might still get this, banking that the other games are hidden unlockables. Any release date yet? Perhaps, this fall or winter.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I was really hoping for the SNES version of Kirby's Star Stacker that was released only in Japan! :(

Where's Kirby's Blockball, Kirby's Pinball Land, or at the Gameboy version of Kirby's Star Stacker. Nintedo could have fit those three Gameboy games on there?

I might still get this, banking that the other games are hidden unlockables. Any release date yet? Perhaps, this fall or winter.[/QUOTE]

My guess is partly because those are lesser known titles and they probably wouldn't get that much more sales with those 3 games plastered on the box. Also, don't count on there being any hidden unlockables(the Mario one didn't, after all). If this is indeed the list, it's a great collection as-is and I'll certainly be picking it up.

[quote name='Mixer236']My guess is partly because those are lesser known titles and they probably wouldn't get that much more sales with those 3 games plastered on the box. Also, don't count on there being any hidden unlockables(the Mario one didn't, after all). If this is indeed the list, it's a great collection as-is and I'll certainly be picking it up.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, this is a decent to good collection of Kirby games. They could have fit more on the disc.

I looked on the 3DS virtual console via wikipedia and Kirby's Blockball is on there. I'm guessing Nintendo still wants you to buy the Gameboy games on the 3DS virtual console.

So it is understandable if Kirby's Pinball Land and the Gameboy version of Kirby's Star Stacker aren't available on this disc collection.

I'll just hope for the SNES version of Kirby's Star Stacker to appear as an import on the Virtual Console. You know I forgot about Kirby's Avalanche, Kirby's Tilt 'n Tumble, and Kirby's Dream Course.

Yeah, I'll be happy since we're getting Kirby's Dreamland 3. Been wanting to play that one for a long time, but was banking on a GBA or DS remake long ago.

I'll pre-order this collection if I can get some awesome bonus like a Kirby plush or figurine.

I'm bugging, slightly, that I already have Kirby's Dreamland 1 on my 3ds, and 3, 64, and super star on my wii, but will still buy this for the extras, and the other games.

I already picked up Super Star from Club Nintendo and this collection doesn't include Dream Course, the 2nd best Kirby game. I guess I'll pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PenguinMaster']I already picked up Super Star from Club Nintendo and this collection doesn't include Dream Course, the 2nd best Kirby game. I guess I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, kinda have to agree with the no Kirby Dream Course. Would it really have been that hard to include Dream Course and Star Stacker? What about the game boy games Pinball Land and Block Ball. Kind of a bummer.

[quote name='shrike4242']Let's hope this isn't another SMB Wii Collection fun where no one can find it if they don't pre-order it.[/QUOTE]

I agree! I'd rather give my money to Nintendo for a Wii Collection rather than to Nintendo and someone trying to sell the game at an inflated price. If it does happen, then I'll go the Virtual Console route or look for my old Gameboy/N64/NES copies.

I'm down although I already have Kirby's Adventure and Superstar Saga on VC. Oh well, here's hoping for some neat extras.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Yeah, kinda have to agree with the no Kirby Dream Course. Would it really have been that hard to include Dream Course and Star Stacker? What about the game boy games Pinball Land and Block Ball. Kind of a bummer.[/QUOTE]

God, I love Dream Course. It was the only game I could ever get my grandmother to play with me, and every time I go home she's got it warmed up and ready to go.

I'll probably pick this up out of principle, but they really missed a few solid titles here.

[quote name='sack man 64']Mario Rom dump[/QUOTE]
I know this is pejorative (and I'm sure I've used it myself this way), but the more it's used, the hotter it gets. Like nasty, dirty hot.

Awww, girl, you gonna make me dump this kirby ROM sooooo good.

Will we have 5 long ass threads about this game full of people raging at each other over if the game is going to be rare or not, like we did with the Mario game? I hope so, that was entertaining.

I definitely want this for Dream Land 3 and 64. I hope they throw in some physical goodies like artbook/OST.

It's too bad Metroid didn't get something similar (Zelda didn't either but at least there is a Zelda collection on the GC).

[quote name='Drclaw411']Will we have 5 long ass threads about this game full of people raging at each other over if the game is going to be rare or not, like we did with the Mario game?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't know, I do not involve myself in ass threads.

However, if you're looking for ass play, GGT is here.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Will we have 5 long ass threads about this game full of people raging at each other over if the game is going to be rare or not, like we did with the Mario game? I hope so, that was entertaining.[/QUOTE]

DRCLAW CONFIRMED FOR KIRBY HOARDING, WHAT AN ASS

You gonna buy a boat with all that Kirby kush? Maybe TWO boats?

Or maybe what's in the MYSTERY BOX?

For what it's worth, Gamestop.com now has a listing for it and it's showing a price of $49.99. I guess with added content comes added cost.

[quote name='bojay1997']For what it's worth, Gamestop.com now has a listing for it and it's showing a price of $49.99. I guess with added content comes added cost.[/QUOTE]

Hopefullly that's a place holder price... I really wouldn't pay more than $30 for this, honestly.

[quote name='bojay1997']For what it's worth, Gamestop.com now has a listing for it and it's showing a price of $49.99. I guess with added content comes added cost.[/QUOTE]

Looks like $39.99 will be the MSRP. Or at least you can pre-order at that price at GameStop, Target, and goHastings. It's $49.99 at Best Buy though. No listing at Amazon yet either.

[quote name='Vinny']The game comes out in roughly a month so I'm surprised as to why Amazon doesn't have it listed yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm anxiously waiting too, even though I know msrp is going to be $50 =(.

I'm a big Nintendo fan, but I still have trouble paying so much for a rom collection on a disk

[quote name='kijib']I'm a big Nintendo fan, but I still have trouble paying so much for a rom collection on a disk[/QUOTE]

Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition

Kirby's Dream Land (3DS, $3.99)
Kirby's Adventure (Wii, 500 points;3DS 3D Classics version is also available for $6.99)
Kirby’s Dream Land 2 (not available for purchase?)
Kirby Super Star (Wii, 800 points; Kirby SuperStar Ultra DS remake is also available)
Kirby’s Dream Land 3 (Wii, 800 points)
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (Wii, 1000 points)

So take the dollar equivalent of the Wii download games and it'll cost $35. Adventure Land 2 isn't available but let's say that it would have cost $3.99 like Dream Land for the 3DS and the retail cost would add up to $39.The collection also includes brand new challenge stages, the 20th anniverfsay soundtrack with 45 tracks, an interactive timeline and a 48 page booklet. Another plus for some is having all the content on disc instead of digital content.

14210414_120722163000.jpg

I'm really looking forward to it. I have always loved Kirby and I can't wait to play some Kirby games I've never played before. :bouncy:

[quote name='KillerRamen']

I'm really looking forward to it. I have always loved Kirby and I can't wait to play some Kirby games I've never played before. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Love the look of this too. I was a bit on the fence, but now I'm in for it.

Really looking forward to this game, though I hope its stocked well enough to warrant a sale in the future (25-30 bucks would be a sweetspot for me), or at least offer a reprint if it goes quickly.

If past experience is worth anything, depending on demand there may/may not be a reprint. Nintendo LE's tend to have a limtied print run. I remember missing out on the Mario anniversary and luckily they did a reprint of that so I grabbed a couple, not chancing it with Kirby.

[quote name='KillerRamen']

I'm really looking forward to it. I have always loved Kirby and I can't wait to play some Kirby games I've never played before. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Must resist...must resist...wallet dying...must resist! Game, mini soundtrack, mini art book?! Argh...curse you debts!

(Still got about a month so I might actually be able to afford this one. Just need to figure out where to get money for Last Story.)

[quote name='maigoyume']If past experience is worth anything, depending on demand there may/may not be a reprint. Nintendo LE's tend to have a limtied print run. I remember missing out on the Mario anniversary and luckily they did a reprint of that so I grabbed a couple, not chancing it with Kirby.[/QUOTE]
Good point, though Kirby isn't as appealing to the masses as Mario is (at least in the US, I know it's very popular in Japan), that may play a bit into its availability long term. I know that the MPT release was limited too, but that hit clearance cycles eventually, so you never know.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes'] I know that the MPT release was limited too, but that hit clearance cycles eventually, so you never know.[/QUOTE]

Aye, but now it's difficult to find unless you go to high cost reseller channels.

I'll be picking up a copy of Kirby at launch to avoid the Mario Collection fiasco.

Yeah, there's not a chance in hell I'm making the same mistake I did with Mario collection and wait for a sale. Thankfully a month ago I found someone on Ebay selling it used but in like new condition for $30. That's a pretty good deal considering what it goes for.

Now this is how your supposed to do a collection, actually looks thought out unlike that garbage Mario collection that took 30 mins to make.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']I wish Amazon would put a listing up.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised they don't have it listed yet.

bread's done
Back