Xbox Games on Demand sale 75% off

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!
http://majornelson.com/2012/06/14/june-19-25-games-on-demand-sale/

June 19 – July 2 Games on Demand Sale

the sale has been extended!

These deals will be available in all Xbox LIVE regions where the title is available.

$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Alone in the Dark
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Bolt
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Bomberman Act: Zero
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
$3.99 (normally $13.99) 73% off Conan
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Dark Void
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off FaceBreaker
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Kameo
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Meet the Robinsons
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Open Season
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Perfect Dark Zero
$4.99 (normally $14.99) 73% off Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Rockstar Table Tennis
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off SEGA Superstars Tennis
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Surf’s Up
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Tornado Outbreak
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Virtua Tennis 2009
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Viva Pinata Party Animals

I think Prince of Persia and Conan are great at this price!

Last edited by a moderator:
Majority of that seems like a "Bottom of the Barrel" sale, but thanks for posting anyway.

Yeah thanks for posting, but most of these games should be permanently dropped to $5 (to reflect their retail disk value).

I only saw Red Dead Redemption in the Games on Demand section for the XBLA thread.

yeah, they're old games. doesn't mean they're bad games. I'm picking up Prince of Persia.

GRAW hasn't aged well as many of the list haven't either. But Blazing Angels is good especially because it's such a niche product. I bought it a few months ago used at Gamestop for $8.

I'll pick up Cloudy With a Chance of Meatball i rather pay $5 than $20 at GS.Theres a couple good games on that list GRAW,PoP,RS Table Tennis,Bionic Commando(im going to be hated for putting this on here)

Looks like I'll be getting Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Kameo and GRAW are good games too but I already own them.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']I'll pick up dark void[/QUOTE]

Dark Void is a pretty fun game.It didnt get good reviews but i enjoyed it alot

[quote name='dirtyvu']http://majornelson.com/2012/06/14/june-19-25-games-on-demand-sale/

June 19 – 25 Games on Demand Sale

These deals will be available in all Xbox LIVE regions where the title is available.

$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Bionic Commando
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW II
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Bomberman Act: Zero
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Dark Void
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off FaceBreaker
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Kameo
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Perfect Dark Zero
$3.99 (normally $13.99) 73% off Prince of Persia
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Rockstar Table Tennis
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off SEGA Superstars Tennis
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
$4.99 (normally $19.99) 75% off Virtua Tennis 2009

I think Prince of Persia is great at this price![/QUOTE]

All of these games have my attention. Then again I might just get them at Gamestop if they are less than $5.

I think have disc versions of Bionic Commando, Blazing Angels (Original Xbox version, maybe?), Prince of Persia, Rockstar Table Tennis, Sega Superstars Tennis, and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. Might just dump the disc only ones and get the digital versions.

Heard Bomberman was the worst Xbox 360 game, just curious at how bad it is. How's Kameo? I know Perfect Dark Zero wasn't as good as the N64 version.

I have 1200 Microsoft Points left to use or do I have to use a credit card? Kind of throwing me off with the actual prices in dollars instead of points' price.

I'm thinking Conan. Has Ron Perlman as Conan, that right there has to be worth $4. Would pick up PoP but I just got it during the PSN sale a couple weeks back.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']all of these games have my attention. Then again i might just get them at gamestop if they are less than $5.

I think have disc versions of bionic commando, blazing angels (original xbox version, maybe?), prince of persia, rockstar table tennis, sega superstars tennis, and ghost recon advanced warfighter. Might just dump the disc only ones and get the digital versions.

Heard bomberman was the worst xbox 360 game, just curious at how bad it is. How's kameo? I know perfect dark zero wasn't as good as the n64 version.

I have 1200 microsoft points left to use or do i have to use a credit card? Kind of throwing me off with the actual prices in dollars instead of points' price.[/quote]

$5= 400 msp
$4= 320 msp

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']All of these games have my attention. Then again I might just get them at Gamestop if they are less than $5.

I think have disc versions of Bionic Commando, Blazing Angels (Original Xbox version, maybe?), Prince of Persia, Rockstar Table Tennis, Sega Superstars Tennis, and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. Might just dump the disc only ones and get the digital versions.

Heard Bomberman was the worst Xbox 360 game, just curious at how bad it is. How's Kameo? I know Perfect Dark Zero wasn't as good as the N64 version.

I have 1200 Microsoft Points left to use or do I have to use a credit card? Kind of throwing me off with the actual prices in dollars instead of points' price.[/QUOTE]

I played thru Kameo a couple years ago and in my opinion its an ok game if im not mistaken i think kameo is like $3 at GS i might be wrong.Perfect Dark Zero is pretty enjoyable i never got around to beating the single player campaign but i spent alot pf time on its multiplayer with friends its good fun. I also think PDZ is like $2-3 at GS

I'll get Prince of Persia cuz it was a great game and totally worth $4 to replay. I plan on getting 2 or 3 of the others for two reasons...1) my kids will play Bolt and Cloudy and a few others and 2) I'm an achievement whore and those are easy-pickin's.

[quote name='topplehat']This is in the XBL deals thread, and while it seems like a great deal, these games are all 5+ years old![/QUOTE]

Drama! :) A few of these were released in early to mid 2009, Tornado Outbreak was September 2009. Pretty sure Dark Void was early 2010. Prince of Persia was late 2008, think week after Thanksgiving. And somehow I don't think a tennis game with 2009 in the name was released in 2007, just saying. ;-)

[quote name='jhferry']I actually have this weird curiosity about Bionic Commando. $5 might make me scratch that itch.[/QUOTE]

Definitely go for it. I haven't played it recently but its a beautifully styled retro game so I'd imaged aging isn't too much of an issue.

Wow, BCR goes way back. I think it was my first or second PSN game.

[quote name='Umair56']Definitely go for it. I haven't played it recently but its a beautifully styled retro game so I'd imaged aging isn't too much of an issue.

Wow, BCR goes way back. I think it was my first or second PSN game.[/QUOTE]

Bionic Commando, not Bionic Commando Rearmed. I did enjoy Bionic Cmmando, but it could have been a lot better. I think $5 is worth it to be honest.

wasnt williams Pinball supposed to part of this sale?

:(

Played all of these that Ive wanted to except Tornado and Bolt. Dunno if I want to get em though.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Opinins on Blazing Angels?[/QUOTE]

I have Blazing Angels 2. Didn't pick up 1 b/c 2 was only a couple bucks more at $10 used while 1 was $8 used at Gamestop.

It's okay. Depends if this is the kind of game you like. It's a semi-realistic dogfighting game with WWII style planes. I got it because it was cheap co-op for me and my friend to play over system link. But it has online co-op as well. But the problem with co-op flying is that it's very easy to get separated in the skies to the point that your friend is a dot on the horizon so you spend a lot of time trying to find each other. It's not like Gears of War where the guy is 2 feet from you.

If you're more into cartoony arcadey fun, go with something like Snoopy Flying Ace. If you're more into modern jets, get Ace Combat Assault Horizon.

Finally Microsoft puts out a deal worth a damn. Still comes up short in regards to much the of the PSn deals though. I really wish they would get more competitive.

you can get most of these games for 5 bucks used at gamestop this isn't really a deal this should be the retail price

1) See the thread title
2) Get really excited
3) Click to see topic
4) Scans down the list
5) No DSII and no Crysis
6) Feeling of disappointment
7) Look again to make sure, $5 for Bomberman Act Zero!?
8) RAGE!!
9) Post on topic

GRAW would be fine, but it's only 3 bucks at GS. Conan, I might get as it's actually cheaper than at GS. PoP I already own on disk and there is little value in selling/trading it in.

If you havent played it, I thought Kameo was a good game. Be warned though, by today's standards, it looks pretty ugly. I mean, I still dig the art style, but it's pretty blocky and angular. But hey, it was a launch title. I still think the game was fun though.

Prince of Persia gets a lot of crap, but I found it enjoyable. Had I not beaten it already I'd probably download it (especially for 4).

I actually really enjoyed Bionic Commando, and highly suggest picking it up for five dollars. Before you do, though, you might want want to know what you're in for.

This is a review that I wrote for the game shortly after release. It should give you a good idea if you'll enjoy the game or not, and a better idea of what to expect.

Bionic Commando is not a ‘sandbox’ style game, such as Crackdown, Infamous or modern Spider-Man games. While the game features some ‘corridor’ sections that feel fairly linear, it also includes sections that open up into huge landscapes with several buildings, and are essentially big swinging playgrounds. But either way, once you’ve killed all the enemies in an area, you’ll soon find yourself swinging to the next navigation point on your radar. There are very specific entry and exit points for each section of the world.

Secondly, the swinging mechanic is very different from recent Spider-Man games, which essentially hand you amazing swinging abilities on a silver platter. In Bionic Commando, you have to work a bit harder for your swinging maneuvers, but the payoff is that the action of skillfully swinging around the environment feels much more rewarding. The swinging mechanic is accomplished with the aid of an auto-aiming reticule that suggests the best possible swinging points as they are made available. Think of it as what your character would be looking at when deciding where he should grapple. When you are close enough to successfully attach to the environment, the reticule changes color from gray—indicating something just outside of your reach—to blue. A red color reticule is used when you can attach to enemies, and a yellow color appears when you can pull an item towards you, or use it to attack an enemy. It’s actually a great system, and it works quite well.

The story in Bionic Commando has you going into a major city, shortly after a particularly devastating terrorist attack. Not only does that terrorist attack leave much of the city in ruins, but it also spreads a good deal of radiation throughout the landscape. Seeing as normal military personnel would have major issues traversing the destroyed city and avoiding the numerous pockets of deadly radiation, the government sees fit to release Nathan Spencer—the Bionic Commando—from his prison sentence, and allow him to handle the situation.

While the radiation is supposed to be a blue haze that prevents you from being able to reach places that aren’t actually programmed into the game, it can sometimes feel a little too restricting. Too often the radiation is pretty much completely invisible, and it’s impossible to see the stuff until it’s already starting to kill you. You do normally have time to get back out, but it certainly can be an annoyance at times. Thankfully, unless you’re ignoring the radar’s navigation points, or looking everywhere for collectibles, it’s not usually too much of a problem.

Aside from using your bionic arm to avoid radiation, you’ll also be doing a fair amount of fighting with it. Rather than confusing new players by giving them access to every ability from the start, you gain skills throughout the game at specific points. Eventually, you’ll find yourself using the arm to throw cars at enemies, rip billboards down onto their heads, and toss them around like rag dolls. The downside to this is that you’ll never be able to play through the early sections of the game with a character that has access to all attacks. While that’s unfortunate, it would also make the early sections in the game ridiculously easy, as your character would be way overpowered. While the main abilities in the game are handled this way, the challenges, achievements and collectibles are managed very differently.

There are a whole bunch of challenges in the game that require you to do stuff like kill three enemies with the shotgun while swinging, or kill four enemies with one grenade, or kill 30 enemies using melee attacks. When you complete these challenges, you get a minor upgrade such as more damage when using the shotgun, or the ability to hold a couple extra grenades, or an armor upgrade. None of these upgrades are needed to complete the game—although they’re certainly recommended—and none of them change the way you play the game. They just modify the game slightly, and make your character a bit more powerful. The majority of the game’s achievements or trophies come from completing these challenges.

In addition to the challenges, there are also over 100 collectibles to be found in Bionic Commando. Some of them are found by looking in less than obvious locations. Others are much easier to spot, because they’re out in the open, but they need to be skillfully swung to. Some are even sadistically placed inside radiation, but all of them are fun to look for and attempt to collect.

Collectibles and challenges aren’t all fun and games, however, as they’re the source of one of my biggest issues with Bionic Commando. The problem with the challenges is that they are almost all a bit on the easy side. After going through the game once, I found that I had collected the vast majority of them. The problem with both collectibles and challenges is that they don’t auto-save. While it’s rarely a big problem with the relatively easy challenges, it’s pretty much unforgivable that one bad swing leading to your death can cost you the collectible that you just spent 20 minutes trying to reach.

Bionic Commando is a darn good game, but there’s just too much keeping it from greatness. The music is well done, but I would have loved to hear more remixes of the original’s music. The graphics are beautiful—and thank goodness, not just 50 shades of gray and brown—but there are sometimes minor screen tearing issues. The plot is ambitious, but felt largely disappointing, thanks to far too many loose ends and poorly explained story elements. And while I didn’t want an open world game, this Bionic Commando feels even more linear than the original, and that was a side-scroller! There’s no way to return to completed areas to just have fun exploring, and that was a big part of the original.

Thanks to what I feel is simply the best swinging mechanic to ever appear in a video game—eat your heart out, Spider-Man—I do still recommend Bionic Commando. The campaign is quite enjoyable while it lasts, and the multiplayer is a blast. The game certainly has its flaws, but it is still very much worth playing, and it’s a whole lot of fun.

[quote name='breakfuss']Prince of Persia gets a lot of crap, but I found it enjoyable. Had I not beaten it already I'd probably download it (especially for 4).[/QUOTE]

I've seen it get almost nothing but praise after this sale was announced. Having never played it I'm definitely going to put it up.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']wasnt williams Pinball supposed to part of this sale?

:(

[/QUOTE]

I thought the exact same thing, man. Very disappointed to see it's not on the list.

Conan is a fun god of war style game, complete with naked women to rescue.

Kameo is a decent rpg, I enjoyed it quite a bit when I played through it 2 years ago.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I've seen it get almost nothing but praise after this sale was announced. Having never played it I'm definitely going to put it up.[/QUOTE]
It took me forever to finally get into it, but once I did I couldn't put it down. The platforming is pretty fun. The Epilogue is awful and not fun at all, though.

[quote name='hostyl1']If you havent played it, I thought Kameo was a good game. Be warned though, by today's standards, it looks pretty ugly. I mean, I still dig the art style, but it's pretty blocky and angular. But hey, it was a launch title. I still think the game was fun though.[/QUOTE]
I agree. "Angular" is a good way to describe it. I remember enjoying it though.

[quote name='hostyl1']If you havent played it, I thought Kameo was a good game. Be warned though, by today's standards, it looks pretty ugly. I mean, I still dig the art style, but it's pretty blocky and angular. But hey, it was a launch title.[/QUOTE]

Plus it was originally developed for GameCube, then shifted to the original XBox when MS bought Rare, then delayed until the 360 launch. Not a bad game, but it was already dated by the time I got around to playing it years ago. I can't imagine how it looks today.

Personally I'd pay the extra dollar or two and get a used physical copy, but that's just me. Assuming there's anything in this selection that's of interest, which for me there isn't.

When I saw this I instantly thought about getting Bolt and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs for my daughter. Then I saw everyone saying most of these games are $5 used at GameStop. I looked up those 2 games and they're $14.99 and $17.99.

bread's done
Back