* * * * - 14 votes

GOG Deals Thread: FPS Classics $2.99 and Under

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

#4261 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6106 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

Indie Gem Promo

50% Off Battle Worlds: Kronos - $14.99

Kind of interested. But definitely not at that price.

#4262 ohmz   Frequency Ass Bandit CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series  released. Buy all three for 70% off or inividually for 50% off.

#4263 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19864 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Series  released. Buy all three for 70% off or inividually for 50% off.

STALKER DRM Free is actually quite attractive, but at those prices, I will pass double dipping.  

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#4264 zubalove   Old and In the Way CAGiversary!   308 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

STALKER DRM Free is actually quite attractive, but at those prices, I will pass double dipping.  

Exactly. I can see picking these up in the future. More and more, I am preferring GOG over Steam.

#4265 keithp   Older than you CAGiversary!   5600 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

I have the first one in my Steam backlog and wouldn't mind picking up the 3rd one, which alot of people say is the best one, but even at 50% off I think I'll pass. If it was $4.99 I'd probably do it, but $9.99 is just too rich for a game that's going in the pile of shame.

#4266 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22890 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

Awesome @ the thought of STALKER series DRM-FREE.

Now, if only it can get cheap on GOG...

Worth noting:

STALKER: Clear Sky is DRM-FREE on Gamersgate.

Now, if only the rest of them (STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl + Call of Pripyat)  in that STALKER Collection could get DRM-FREE on Gamersgate...

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#4267 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6106 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Weekend Promo

70% Off Totally Topware

Dream Pinball 3D - $1.79
Earth 2140 Trilogy - $1.79
Earth 2150 Trilogy - $1.79
Earth 2160 - $1.79
Enclave - $1.79
Gorky 17 - $1.79
Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure (Director's Cut) - $1.79
Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire - $1.79
Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion - $1.79
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator - $1.79
Two Worlds - $2.99
Two Worlds 2: Epic Edition - $5.99

#4268 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2657 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

A couple of the past few weekend promos have been 70% off (most are typically 60% off). I like where this trend is going...

FfjorMk.png

#4269 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Dream Pinball 3D sucks.

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#4270 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8919 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Figured I should finally update the OP.

bZ2g3eF.png

#4271 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19864 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

Figured I should finally update the OP.

Final Fuck in ly

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#4272 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8919 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

Final Fuck in ly

Do... people buy games from GOG?

bZ2g3eF.png

#4273 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19864 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

No, but a lot of people missed the waiting and refreshing recent sales I'm sure. 

#4274 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8919 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

No, but a lot of people missed the waiting and refreshing recent sales I'm sure. 

Once upon a time, GOG had games Steam doesn't. Nowadays? Not really.

bZ2g3eF.png

#4275 icedragon15   Banned Banned   3450 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

icedragon15

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

75% off or gtfo to finish colleccitons of old er game not on steam like cannon fodder 2 port royale 1 and others 

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#4276 talkinrock   Ain't nothing but a barmy ole' GOG-crazy codger. CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

talkinrock

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

Figure I'd give back to the community here after that Indigo Prophecy giveaway I (a CAG noob) won last week.

So...

GIVEAWAY!!!

I got 3 games:

1.) Cossacks: Anthology
2.) Etherlords 2
3.) Septerra Core

I'm doing this a bit unorthodox, as in there are 3 games, compared to other CAG giveaways (okay, so I'm not so much a CAG noob as I am a lurker).

Anyway, there will be three winners, ONE for each game. Please quote this, and below the quote, type the name of which of the three games you want.

Good luck!

P.S. - I realize the games I'm giving away have been recent sale games, so sorry about that; I am giving these away because I bought a handful of gift keys for these three games, and as I said, I would feel bad if I didn't "give back" to you CAG'ers, given I'm (more or less) new here...

EDIT: Also, I won't be making many rules for this giveaway, given that Neuro5i5 didn't do that with the giveaway I won. However, if you have just registered within the last hour, and have zero posts before quoting my giveaway post, not to be rude, but I won't be counting that as a "win" (meaning no key for you). I doubt anyone will do that anyway, but I just feel it's necessary to deter potential "freebie trolls".

#4277 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6106 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Nice giveaway.

Though I'm only mildly interested in the games offered, so I'm gonna pass for now. It's much better to let people who actually want one of those games get them, than to grab one of them just to pad my account. But at the very least, I wanted to let you know that your generosity is appreciated.

Oh and there's no need to apologize for giving away games that you bought on sale. It'd be kinda weird if you were buying games at full price and giving them away. ;)

#4278 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4398 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

Figure I'd give back to the community here after that Indigo Prophecy giveaway I (a CAG noob) won last week.

So...

GIVEAWAY!!!

I got 3 games:

2.) Etherlords 2
3.) Septerra Core

I'm doing this a bit unorthodox, as in there are 3 games, compared to other CAG giveaways (okay, so I'm not so much a CAG noob as I am a lurker).

Anyway, there will be three winners, ONE for each game. Please quote this, and below the quote, type the name of which of the three games you want.

Due to the historical interest, I've been intrigued by the Cossacks series for a very long time, but I'm not sure I wouldn't throw my hands up in frustration if I actually tried to play it.  If there's someone else who thinks they want it and isn't as intimidated as I am, I'd rather let that person have it.  Otherwise, I am interested.

#4279 talkinrock   Ain't nothing but a barmy ole' GOG-crazy codger. CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

talkinrock

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

Nice giveaway.

Though I'm only mildly interested in the games offered, so I'm gonna pass for now. It's much better to let people who actually want one of those games get them, than to grab one of them just to pad my account. But at the very least, I wanted to let you know that your generosity is appreciated.

Oh and there's no need to apologize for giving away games that you bought on sale. It'd be kinda weird if you were buying games at full price and giving them away. ;)

Thanks for letting me know; I wasn't too sure on the "ethics" of buying games for CAG giveaways. I was also apologizing for giving away games that have JUST been on sale, meaning that the community here has had a chance to pick them up recently (as opposed to games that were on sale a while ago, making the giveaway a bit more... interesting).

Also, I won't be making many rules for this giveaway, given that Neuro5i5 didn't do that with the giveaway I won. However, if you have just registered within the last hour, and have zero posts before quoting my giveaway post, not to be rude, but I won't be counting that as a "win" (meaning no key for you). I doubt anyone will do that anyway, but I just feel it's necessary to deter potential "freebie trolls".

Anyway, have a happy week everyone!

#4280 talkinrock   Ain't nothing but a barmy ole' GOG-crazy codger. CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

talkinrock

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

Due to the historical interest, I've been intrigued by the Cossacks series for a very long time, but I'm not sure I wouldn't throw my hands up in frustration if I actually tried to play it. If there's someone else who thinks they want it and isn't as intimidated as I am, I'd rather let that person have it. Otherwise, I am interested.

If nobody else wants it within 12 hours or so, it's yours for the taking... :)

#4281 bubzers   Derpy Derpy Doo CAGiversary!   697 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

So...

GIVEAWAY!!!

I got 3 games:

2.) Etherlords 2
3.) Septerra Core

Good luck!

P.S. - I realize the games I'm giving away have been recent sale games, so sorry about that; I am giving these away because I bought a handful of gift keys for these three games, and as I said, I would feel bad if I didn't "give back" to you CAG'ers, given I'm (more or less) new here...

EDIT: Also, I won't be making many rules for this giveaway, given that Neuro5i5 didn't do that with the giveaway I won. However, if you have just registered within the last hour, and have zero posts before quoting my giveaway post, not to be rude, but I won't be counting that as a "win" (meaning no key for you). I doubt anyone will do that anyway, but I just feel it's necessary to deter potential "freebie trolls".

Totally cool of you to give away games.

I'm interested in Etherlords or Cossacks. Either one. I've been eyeballing both for a while. If one is available. Surprise me. :whee:

#4282 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1844 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

So...

GIVEAWAY!!!

I got 3 games:

2.) Etherlords 2
3.) Septerra Core

Good luck!

Really nice giveaway.  Etherlords 2 looks nice.  It's marked as Turn-based strategy fantasy on it's GOG page, which rubs me all the right ways.  Plus the specs look like they'd run even on my garbage PC.  I never played the first one though.  So if that's not important or if nobody else with a computer they're sure will run it instead of just guessing like me wants it, then I would like it please. 

Oops, too late.  Nevermind.

#4283 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8025 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

So...

GIVEAWAY!!!

I got 3 games:

2.) Etherlords 2
3.) Septerra Core

Good luck!

Cossacks Anthology i'd like if I win. I'm an old RTS nut (started around the time of Warcraft 1 and Command and Conquer...preferred Command and Conquer Strongly). I never did play this anthology and love playing some old school RTS. 

#4284 talkinrock   Ain't nothing but a barmy ole' GOG-crazy codger. CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

talkinrock

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

So, Septerra Core is still available, if anybody wants it...

In case it doesn't look like your type of game, I'll just let you know how fantastic it is:

As the GOG page says, it 's a great hybrid of Western and Japanese RPGs, and plays absolutely wonderfully! Personally, I do not like Japanese RPGs, and would go so far as to say I practically loathe them. However, Septerra Core is a strikingly well-put-together game, and is a must play (It's one of my top 10 favorite RPGs... EVER)! That said, it does have a few VERY minor quirks, but nothing that would scare off ANY fan of RPGs; Western, Japanese, or otherwise. If you enjoy playing RPGs at all, I would highly recommend it (plus, I'm giving it away for free, so there's nothing to lose).

#4285 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8611 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

Once upon a time, GOG had games Steam doesn't. Nowadays? Not really.

I'd much rather buy certain games from GOG than Steam.

I mean, the Steam overlay causes trouble in some older games, and many publishers simply throw up unmodified, unoptimized games that run on a default DOSBox setup instead of trying to configure it for the specific game.

For most people the Steam versions are good enough, but the GOG versions have a better chance of getting updated to fix any issues caused by OS updates / hardware changes / etc.

#4286 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8025 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

I'd much rather buy certain games from GOG than Steam.

I mean, the Steam overlay causes trouble in some older games, and many publishers simply throw up unmodified, unoptimized games that run on a default DOSBox setup instead of trying to configure it for the specific game.

For most people the Steam versions are good enough, but the GOG versions have a better chance of getting updated to fix any issues caused by OS updates / hardware changes / etc.

Agreed many new older games released on Steam are just the gog.com version repackaged. Some are just blatantly better on gog such as the Thief Pack (I remember having compatibility problems on Steam) and Commandos Pack....which had messed up timing settings at least for the 1st one. Stuff just runs better from gog, and I appreciate it and will pay a bit more vs saving a buck or 2 on steam (usually get from gog in at least 50% off sales).

#4287 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22890 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:05 AM

Agreed many new older games released on Steam are just the gog.com version repackaged. Some are just blatantly better on gog such as the Thief Pack (I remember having compatibility problems on Steam) and Commandos Pack....which had messed up timing settings at least for the 1st one. Stuff just runs better from gog, and I appreciate it and will pay a bit more vs saving a buck or 2 on steam (usually get from gog in at least 50% off sales).

When companies decided to port ANY-version over to Steam, they really should TEST it!

That Steam-overlay and other things from Steam can get in the way of running games and can cause odd issues, if dev's + pub's are actually lazy and don't TEST the bloody thing.

EDIT:

You know, it would be nice if Wizardry 8 got fixed so that it could work w/in the damn Steam-overlay and Steam-client!

Thank God that the Steam-version of Wiz 8 don't ship w/ CEG and is actually DRM-FREE in Steam-version - as advised on the Steam Forums, I had to copy the entire game-folder to C:\Wiz8 b/c this game's picky and it wants to run in that folder; and it works outside of Steam there and when ran as a "Add A Non-Steam" game from that C:\Wiz8 folder.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#4288 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1844 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:30 AM

So, Septerra Core is still available, if anybody wants it...

In case it doesn't look like your type of game, I'll just let you know how fantastic it is:

As the GOG page says, it 's a great hybrid of Western and Japanese RPGs, and plays absolutely wonderfully! Personally, I do not like Japanese RPGs, and would go so far as to say I practically loathe them. However, Septerra Core is a strikingly well-put-together game, and is a must play (It's one of my top 10 favorite RPGs... EVER)! That said, it does have a few VERY minor quirks, but nothing that would scare off ANY fan of RPGs; Western, Japanese, or otherwise. If you enjoy playing RPGs at all, I would highly recommend it (plus, I'm giving it away for free, so there's nothing to lose).

I think a lot of people, like myself, got Septerra Core in a Bundlestars Bundle a few months back.  Hell, it was the game that sold me on that bundle.

#4289 spoderman  

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:52 AM

This is true, but there are weird occurences where Steam versions are better updated than the GOG versions. Earth 2140 got an HD patch, while the GOG version doesn't. The dev said they'd send the patch over to GOG but it's been months.

http://steamcommunit...826250737217407

GUtUP1U.jpg

#4290 talkinrock   Ain't nothing but a barmy ole' GOG-crazy codger. CAGiversary!   573 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

talkinrock

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

I think a lot of people, like myself, got Septerra Core in a Bundlestars Bundle a few months back.  Hell, it was the game that sold me on that bundle.

But Bundlestars gave a Steam key, correct?

So, you have SOME NERVE, my fellow CAG'er, for posting that in THIS thread! Plus, you're even more of a sacreligious sod, considering that Septerra Core is ALSO available on the wonderful, the fantastic, the amazing GOG!!

So, please, change your sinful ways, or gtfo CAG... NOW!!!!

PLEASE NOTE: The views mentioned in the above post may or may not reflect the perspective of posters in this CAG thread as a whole. However, for the sake of making a silly, talkinrock reserves the right to overdramaticize this post on behalf of CAG'ers worldwide. Thank you and have a nice day (or not).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved