* * * * - 14 votes

GOG Deals Thread: FPS Classics $2.99 and Under

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

#7351 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6142 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

Gem Promo

60% Off The Samaritan Paradox - $3.99

#7352 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6142 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

Weekend Promo

Indie RPG Icons

60% Off

Anodyne - $3.99
Avadon 2: The Corruption - $3.99
Avadon: The Black Fortress - $3.99

Avernum: The Complete Saga - $4.79
Doomdark's Revenge - $2.39
Driftmoon - $5.99
Eschalon: Book I - $2.39
Eschalon: Book II - $3.99
Eschalon: Book III - $5.99
Evoland - $3.99
Geneforge 1-5 - $5.99
Inquisitor - $5.99
King of Dragon Pass - $2.39
Legend of Grimrock - $5.99
Lords of Midnight, The - $2.39
Shadowrun Returns - $5.99

Shadowrun DLC: Dragonfall - $5.99
Sword of the Stars: The Pit - $2.79

Sword of the Stars DLC: The Pit - MindGames - $1.99
   Sword of the Stars DLC: The Pit Gold Edition - The Pilgrim - $0.79
   Sword of the Stars DLC: The Pit Gold Edition Upgrade - $1.19
Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition - $5.19

Unepic - $3.99

Listing said "up to 60% off". But there doesn't appear to anything that isn't 60% off. Or at least, I didn't spot a different discount percentage. If you see something that I missed, please point it out.

And this will be my final time (at least on a regular basis) of posting the deals here in the GOG thread. I've been doing it for over a year, and frankly, I'm just getting tired of doing it.

#7353 spoderman  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

And this will be my final time (at least on a regular basis) of posting the deals here in the GOG thread. I've been doing it for over a year, and frankly, I'm just getting tired of doing it.

There's no backing out now!

GUtUP1U.jpg

#7354 MrNinjaSquirrel   Emo Blogger CAGiversary!   12143 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

MrNinjaSquirrel

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

No worries, Spoder told me he's happy to pick up the slack in between grabbing every key drop.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#7355 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

I appreciate your effort.  Seems fitting that I was actually able to buy something from your last post.

I'm sure Idiot will pick up the slack.

Sleed neep.

#7356 elessar123  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

Honestly, I think even a bump when new sales are put up is useful enough, and less time consuming.

Spoiler

#7357 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2747 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for all your helpful posts, The End!

FfjorMk.png

#7358 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6730 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

I guess this is The End

#7359 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6142 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

You know, now that I'm not gonna be keeping the GOG thread up to date anymore, I really should start that new thread.

#7360 Idiotekque   couch slave CAGiversary!   8919 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:55 AM

Your doing my job efforts have been appreciated.

I appreciate your effort.  Seems fitting that I was actually able to buy something from your last post.

Correctly used YCS.

bZ2g3eF.png

#7361 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3854 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

Just want to add my appreciation into the rest. It's a pretty thankless job, but it was great of you, and you did it well.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#7362 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8495 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

Yes thanks for doing it....I'm always a fan of GOG. I think one the problems is once you've been there a while fewer and fewer titles interest you. Still a great site and I still find gems there.

#7363 keithp   Older than you CAGiversary!   5602 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

But you were on a roll!

Oh well, thanks for keeping it up for so long...(insert that's what she said joke)...

#7364 indef  

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:41 PM

New Indie Gem:  Chris Saywer's Locomotion - $1.49 (75% off)

#7365 indef  

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

Indie Gem: Unholy Heights - $1.59 (60% off)

#7366 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10314 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:10 PM

Weekend Promo: Nordic Nobility

70% Off
Alien Nations - $1.79
AquaNox - $1.79
AquaNox 2: Revelation - $1.79
The Book of Unwritten Tales - $5.99
The Book Of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles - $5.99
Chaser - $1.79
Dark Fall: The Journal - $1.79
Dark Fall 2: Lights Out - $1.79
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive - $1.79
Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge - $2.99
Full Spectrum Warrior - $2.99
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers - $2.99
Gothic 2 Gold Edition - $2.99
Gothic 3 - $2.99
Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition - $2.99
The Guild Gold Edition - $2.99
The Guild 2 - $2.99
The Guild 2: Pirates of the European Seas - $2.99
Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within - $8.99
The Nations Gold Edition - $1.79
Neighbours From Hell Compilation - $2.99
Painkiller Black Edition - $2.99
Panzer Elite Special Edition - $1.79
The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief - $7.49
Red Faction - $2.99
Red Faction 2 - $2.99
Silver - $1.79
Spellforce Platinum - $2.99
Spellforce 2: Shadow Wars - $2.99
Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm - $2.99
Spellforce 2: Demons Of The Past - $5.99
Summoner - $1.79
Sleed neep.

#7367 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2747 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

It's weird...70% is a very good discount, but I've learned by now that some of those will either be in 75% off bundles during holiday sales or even 80% off as insomnia/flash deals. Plus, a few GOG games (like the Microids ones) have been cheap in bundles. Add in the fact that publishers are now putting their old games on Steam, and those also show up in bundles.

I'm sorry, GOG, but...

nodeal.jpg

FfjorMk.png

#7368 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3854 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

It's weird...70% is a very good discount, but I've learned by now that some of those will either be in 75% off bundles during holiday sales or even 80% off as insomnia/flash deals. Plus, a few GOG games (like the Microids ones) have been cheap in bundles. Add in the fact that publishers are now putting their old games on Steam, and those also show up in bundles.

I'm sorry, GOG, but...

nodeal.jpg

That's a very long-winded way of saying "75% or GTFO."

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#7369 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8495 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

Anyone played Silver? It looks like one of those oddities of trying to emulate Console RPG action. Is it any good?

#7370 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3854 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:54 AM

Anyone played Silver? It looks like one of those oddities of trying to emulate Console RPG action. Is it any good?

I was going to say the plot sounded like typical RPGMaker fare, but then I realized who I was talking to.

:razz:

#7371 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8495 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

I was going to say the plot sounded like typical RPGMaker fare, but then I realized who I was talking to.

:razz:

So right up my alley then!

#7372 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6142 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:57 AM

For some reason I have that game on my wishlist on GOG. For the life of me, I can't remember why.

So I too, am interested in hearing people's opinion. Perhaps, I'll rediscover why I once wanted this game.

#7373 spoderman  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:58 AM

For some reason I have that game on my wishlist on GOG. For the life of me, I can't remember why.

So I too, am interested in hearing people's opinion. Perhaps, I'll rediscover why I once wanted this game.

How do you not own that yet?

GUtUP1U.jpg

#7374 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2747 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:28 AM

That's a very long-winded way of saying "75% or GTFO."

:)

But on top of that, GOG is understandably not releasing as many "old games" these days, and most of the indies/new games they sell end up in bundles (or were already in a bundle before coming to GOG). Hell, some of the weekend promo games have also been bundled.

tl;dr - I feel like there isn't much incentive to buy from GOG anymore unless it's an old game that nobody else has.

Forgive me MysterD, for I have sinned. :(

FfjorMk.png

#7375 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23465 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

:)

But on top of that, GOG is understandably not releasing as many "old games" these days, and most of the indies/new games they sell end up in bundles (or were already in a bundle before coming to GOG). Hell, some of the weekend promo games have also been bundled.

tl;dr - I feel like there isn't much incentive to buy from GOG anymore unless it's an old game that nobody else has.

Forgive me MysterD, for I have sinned. :(

GOG's great for that rare game that has No DRM on GOG, but it has annoying DRM and/or crazy DRM everywhere else (i.e. see Two Worlds 1 Epic + Two Worlds 2 Epic; Riddick: Dark Athena) - especially true if you plan to reinstall and/or replay old games.

Also, I think GOG's pretty good for any game that has awesome extras + goodies in their version.

Also, if you buy games on Steam that have No CEG, No other 3rd party DRM, and you can disable Cloud Saves so the game will save locally to your PC - as long as you keep the files for back-up somewhere, you're good to go. :D

Always worthwhile to check THIS thread on GOG for those games on Steam w/out any DRM.

EDIT:

Interesting. If you have Don't Starve on Steam, you can do the reverse - take the CD key listed in your Steam-version (right-click on game in Library; then get CD key); and then use it to get Humble's DRM-FREE version.

From Klei's support page - on how Steam-owners can claim a DRM-FREE version on Humble.

Just tried - it works. :D

Wish more companies would do this kind of thing, for those who buy Steam-versions.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#7376 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2747 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

Agreed - the DRM-freeness and extras are definitely a big plus. :)

I think I saw somewhere that Carmageddon on Steam and GOG have the same files in their installation folders. Might be the case for other old games that are on both services. If those older games don't have CEG on Steam, people can back up the folders. :) Still, I do love GOG and enjoy having games on there.

And wow, I had no idea you could get a Humble version of Don't Starve if you have it on Steam. I got that game when it glitched at something like 92% off in the last winter sale. Thanks for the heads up!

FfjorMk.png

#7377 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23465 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

Agreed - the DRM-freeness and extras are definitely a big plus. :)

I think I saw somewhere that Carmageddon on Steam and GOG have the same files in their installation folders. Might be the case for other old games that are on both services. If those older games don't have CEG on Steam, people can back up the folders. :) Still, I do love GOG and enjoy having games on there.

And wow, I had no idea you could get a Humble version of Don't Starve if you have it on Steam. I got that game when it glitched at something like 92% off in the last winter sale. Thanks for the heads up!

I actually this morning just saw that about Don't Starve Steam-version's CD Key can be used to get HB DRM-FREE version on GOG's Forum in that GOG DRM-FREE Games on Steam Thread, when trying to grab you the link to that thread! :D

So, yeah - I had no clue, too...until I ran into reading the last few pages in that thread!

I have no clue about Carmageddon on Steam and GOG - but yeah, it could be possible that if Steam-version uses same files, it might not have CEG. Maybe. Maybe not. Don't know - I don't own it on Steam. I don't own that on GOG, either - or anywhere actually, for that matter.

But, even after that - you'll also want to check if Steam-version has Steam Cloud Save support. If it does - turn it off; and see if games save locally. If they do - you're in business. :D

Enslaved on Steam actually is DRM-FREE on Steam; and games do save locally once you disable Steam-cloud save support.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#7378 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

I own Carmageddon Max on Steam and GOG because I'm better than you.

I actually this morning just saw that about Don't Starve Steam-version's CD Key can be used to get HB DRM-FREE version on GOG's Forum in that GOG DRM-FREE Games on Steam Thread, when trying to grab you the link to that thread! 

I've posted that a few times since Don't Starve hit beta.  Back when they had a Chrome version, you could use your steam key to get a chrome key from Humble as well.  (Back when, it was native-binary only on windows.)

༼つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE GOLD HELM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#7379 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8495 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

Call me shallow and cheap but the reason I don't buy some newer indie releases and such on GOG is because of Steam Trading Cards and sometimes Steam achievements. I have supported them more than enough buying many old games and will always get those on GOG before Steam unless the Steam version is extremely cheap. My 2 cents of course.

#7380 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8695 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

Is it just me or do this company's games go on sale like once every six weeks?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved