* * * * - 14 votes

GOG Deals Thread: FPS Classics $2.99 and Under

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

#9121 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   9472 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago   Has been playing PC
PC

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

Who in their right mind PMs people on GOG? Friends list on GOG, what. Crazy talk I tell you.
"What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?

#9122 rcsample   That's just like, your opinion man. CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago   Has been playing The Witcher
PC

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:13 PM

I thought Spoder was talking about the Star Trek games....like he couldn't communicate with Spock or something....

#9123 Xealot42   Psi-Powered CAGiversary!   890 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

And they changed the wood bookshelf graphic, heresy!

With them pushing Galaxy, I guess the old downloader is no longer an option? Nevermind, found the "GOG downloader links" button.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#9124 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:56 PM

RIP Skeuomorphism

skeuomorphism.jpg

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#9125 indef   Has been playing 100,000 Games
PC

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:38 PM

And they changed the wood bookshelf graphic, heresy!

So...instead of listening to the feedback from people who would like the bookshelf view in the Galaxy client, they change the webshelf to the shitty Galaxy version.  Problem solved!

#9126 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3200 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:55 AM

I buy from GOG just for the nostalgia factor. I loved the shelf and MY order, I loved to look at those digital boxes. Now I can't see any point buying from them anymore. Hope they fix it, until then, bye GOG!

BTW, I don't care about the "galaxy" client, I'd rather get my shelf back.

76561198025176705.png

#9127 motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   11028 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder
PC

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:11 AM

Their whole schtick and clientele is people clinging to the 20th century for dear life. That fako digital shelf completely inappropriate for the media it represents was the cheese that the digital download bitter pills were shoved in to hide them from people kicking and screaming refusing to join the 21st century.

Getting rid of that phoney comfort for that crowd can't end well.

2969.png

#9128 rcsample   That's just like, your opinion man. CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago   Has been playing The Witcher
PC

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:14 AM

DAMMIT GOG!!! I want to feel like I'm in MysterD's basement...they really need to add a slight sheen to the boxes on the bookshelf to show that the boxes are still in the shrink...

#9129 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3200 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:20 AM

DAMMIT GOG!!! I want to feel like I'm in MysterD's basement...they really need to add a slight sheen to the boxes on the bookshelf to show that the boxes are still in the shrink...

They totally need to allow you to use your own "pic holding the box" for each game!

76561198025176705.png

#9130 rcsample   That's just like, your opinion man. CAGiversary!   1403 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago   Has been playing The Witcher
PC

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:11 AM

They totally need to allow you to use your own "pic holding the box" for each game!

JPYqz17.png

#9131 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster CAGiversary!   16532 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Dragon Age: Inquisition
PC

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:23 AM

I buy from GOG just for the nostalgia factor. I loved the shelf and MY order, I loved to look at those digital boxes. Now I can't see any point buying from them anymore. Hope they fix it, until then, bye GOG!

BTW, I don't care about the "galaxy" client, I'd rather get my shelf back.

I'm greedy - give me both my wood-shelf and the "Galaxy" client.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#9132 sovereignNX-73811   Unofficial official CAG Deviant CAG Veteran   3110 Posts   Joined 0.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Tales of Graces f
PS3

sovereignNX-73811

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:15 AM

JPYqz17.png

Slightly NSFW:

Spoiler

Infamously known to post this gif waaay too much:

Spoiler

Current Playlist: 

Spoiler

#9133 Xealot42   Psi-Powered CAGiversary!   890 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

Not sure if it was mentioned already but you can start pre-loading The Witcher 3 (26 GB) via your browser, GOG downloader, or Galaxy.

EDIT - Decided to try out Galaxy. Can't seem to find a way to pause downloads or set bandwidth limits. I feel that they should have at least launched with all the features available in the GOG downloader.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#9134 Foxhack   OMG HE'S A FURREH OH NOZ CAGiversary!   5091 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:05 AM

Not sure if it was mentioned already but you can start pre-loading The Witcher 3 (26 GB) via your browser, GOG downloader, or Galaxy.

EDIT - Decided to try out Galaxy. Can't seem to find a way to pause downloads or set bandwidth limits. I feel that they should have at least launched with all the features available in the GOG downloader.

The client is a complete disaster and the fact that they threw it out in such a sorry condition just speaks volumes about GOG right now.

foxhack.jpg

#9135 louiedog   20 minutes into the future CAGiversary!   5636 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:22 PM

GOG is going to be giving away 8,000 keys for Rise of the Triad 2013 tomorrow morning. You'll need a reddit account. 

They previously had a giveaway for this game so you may already own it on GOG.

This is for a stress test so the window is fairly tight and not great timing for us in the US.

To give you time to grab your key, we'll announce the giveaway on reddit.com/r/patientgamers from the official /u/GOGcom account, at 11:00 AM GMT / 1:00 PM CET / 4:00 AM PT / 7:00 AM ET. You'll have three hours to send us a PM and receive a reply. Just as we finish the giveaway (at 2:00 PM GMT / 4:00 PM CET / 7:00 AM PT / 10:00 AM ET) you will have precisely 20 minutes to redeem it - yup, we want all of you to redeem your codes at the same time and really give our infrastructure a workout.

link

#9136 asheskitty  

asheskitty

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

Don't own it... but for change at a free GOG game at 4AM.... no.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#9137 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   6398 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:35 AM

I don't really care about any of the non-features the Galaxy client has, only wanted it as a way to keep all my GoG games in one place. I do wish they had a way to pause downloads, but whatever.

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#9138 motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   11028 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago   Has been playing Big Mutha Truckers 2: Truck Me Harder
PC

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:48 AM

Don't own it... but for change at a free GOG game at 4AM.... no.

Fucking <continent I'm not allowed to mention without getting reported to mods redacted>!

I guess I own it from the last time they gave it away. Hey, I can't be expected to keep track of what free shit I own on GOG. I pay even less attention to what I own there than what I own on Steam even though I own 40x as many games on Steam.

2969.png

#9139 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   977 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:26 AM

I buy games on GOG I honestly intend on playing and out of like 211 games I own on there I've played like 6 of them so the same can be said for me too I guess I mean all those +3s and +5s from bundles are immediately more interesting even if most of them are hot shit than $6 game from 20 years ago that is already on Steam and probably been in like a bundle for like $1 I can play while offline even though Steam has offline mode.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

76561198049491727.png

mulderyuffie.png

#9140 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   9472 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago   Has been playing PC
PC

Posted Yesterday, 01:12 PM

Weekly Staff Picks: Oddworld Classics - Up to 75% off
"What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved