* * * * - 14 votes

GOG Deals Thread: FPS Classics $2.99 and Under

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

#9391 cyrus386  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:38 AM

Damn, I just booted up Descent 1 (after installing Descent Rebirth) and it's just as good as it ever was.  I still have to do a bit of tweaking to figure out how to get the gamepad controls how I like them, but with the patch it actually looks pretty good at 1080p and plays like a dream.

#9392 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   9990 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

Weekend Promo: Fair & Square - 66% off
Don't believe his lies.

#9393 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   9990 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:04 PM

Special Promo: Lords of Xulima - Deluxe Edition & Deluxe Edition Upgrade - 70% off
Don't believe his lies.

#9394 Foxhack   OMG HE'S A FURREH OH NOZ CAGiversary!   5816 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

New releases:

Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - $9.99

Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat - $5.99

Final Liberation: Warhammer Epic 40,000 - $5.99

foxhack.jpg

#9395 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   9990 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:15 PM

Weekend Promo: Recommendations from TotalBiscuit - 33-75% off
Special Promo: Unreal Series - Up to 80% off
Don't believe his lies.

#9396 Foxhack   OMG HE'S A FURREH OH NOZ CAGiversary!   5816 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

Special Promo: Unreal Series - Up to 80% off

I have all these games in physical form. All I need is for them to add the games to the Reclaim Your Game system... come on, GOG...

foxhack.jpg

#9397 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster w/ approx. 4GB VRAM CAGiversary!   17886 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:55 PM

I have all these games in physical form. All I need is for them to add the games to the Reclaim Your Game system... come on, GOG...

Same. I have the Unreal Anthology retail box.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#9398 Xealot42   Psi-Powered CAGiversary!   949 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:02 AM

GOG Galaxy has been updated with advanced features such as pausing and resuming downloads!

More changes here.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#9399 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   13736 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:13 AM

GOG Galaxy has been updated with advanced features such as pausing and resuming downloads!

More changes here.

I lol'd after realizing that galaxy didn't have those features from the start

#9400 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   12277 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:22 AM

You can also now search for friends for your client within the client instead of having to use the forums.

Gee this modern era, what will they think of next?

2969.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#9401 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster w/ approx. 4GB VRAM CAGiversary!   17886 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:03 AM

Gee this modern era, what will they think of next?

Adding DRM.

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#9402 The End   is nigh! CAGiversary!   5259 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:23 AM

MysterD made a joke...and it made me chuckle. Did I slip into an alternate universe?

#9403 JohnHarker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1016 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

JohnHarker

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:33 AM

MysterD made a joke...and it made me chuckle. Did I slip into an alternate universe?

I could say the same thing about the GOG thread being on the first page.

#9404 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   2771 Posts   Joined 2.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:29 AM

I lol'd after realizing that galaxy didn't have those features from the start

What's even better is that the old GOG Downloader program did.

I guess they forgot how to add that capability to their programs for a while?

I could say the same thing about the GOG thread being on the first page.

It just hasn't been the same without talkinrock's daughter.

#9405 Needles-Kane   White Hot CAGiversary!   1311 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Needles-Kane

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:31 AM

Wow, I can't believe pause and resume wasn't standard.  I quit Galaxy after 1 download because to do a backup, you had to re-DL the installer- the downloader didn't have to ....  Is this still a thing?

Oh well, glad to see it is improving.  I still love GoG and it is the only place I buy games besides Humble Bundles.

Whooaa this hall is dangerous

#9406 Xealot42   Psi-Powered CAGiversary!   949 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:35 AM

What's even better is that the old GOG Downloader program did.

I guess they forgot how to add that capability to their programs for a while?.

I still miss the custom download speed limit feature of the old downloader.

I've been trying out third party programs that can limit bandwidth usage by process but I feel like all programs that download a lot of data should have that built in.

All of these 8 GB witcher 3 patches can really slow down my crappy DSL.

Maybe they will add that feature back in sometime in the next few years.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#9407 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   13736 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:52 AM

I still miss the custom download speed limit feature of the old downloader.

I've been trying out third party programs that can limit bandwidth usage by process but I feel like all programs that download a lot of data should have that built in.

All of these 8 GB witcher 3 patches can really slow down my crappy DSL.

Maybe they will add that feature back in sometime in the next few years.

To be fair, it took a long time for Steam to support bandwidth capping too. I think that was implemented in the last 2 years or so.

Not a good excuse though.

#9408 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster w/ approx. 4GB VRAM CAGiversary!   17886 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

Bethesda and Id Software just joined GOG:

http://www.gog.com/n...s_way_to_gogcom

Morrowind GOTY; Redguard and Battlespire are joining GOG.

Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics are returning.

Ultimate Doom; Doom 2; Doom 2: Master Levels; and Final Doom.

Quake 1: The Offering Edition is joining.

#9409 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   3993 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:49 PM

The last time I tried, I still couldn't download anything through Galaxy because it just kept telling me that even on a game that's only a few hundred megabytes I didn't have enough disk space on a drive with about 100 Gb free. I figured it might have been some kind of weird permissions issue but I've run it as administrator and done everything else I can think of. The only GOG game I have installed right now I ended up downloading with the GOG downloader for this reason. Galaxy is a bit of a pain in the ass to me because it can't even do the one basic thing that a client is supposed to do--download games. Oh well, back to Dragon Age. I don't have any of those issues with Origin.

76561197989704676.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#9410 Thrakker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   386 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:00 PM

FWIW, if you previously owned Fallout 1,2, and Tactics on GOG, those versions now show up in your library as "classic" versions. Interestingly, the new Bethesda releases don't come with the Foxhack goodies that the Interplay releases came with - soundtrack, Fallout bible, etc. They also don't seem to come with the Mac versions the original releases have. 

I can imagine the extras may be due to some remaining rights issue, but seems weird they wouldn't include the Mac binaries. 

Also, Arena and Daggerfall that come free with any purchase can also be picked up at elderscrolls.com for free with no purchase.

#9411 Foxhack   OMG HE'S A FURREH OH NOZ CAGiversary!   5816 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:50 PM

FWIW, if you previously owned Fallout 1,2, and Tactics on GOG, those versions now show up in your library as "classic" versions. Interestingly, the new Bethesda releases don't come with the Foxhack goodies that the Interplay releases came with - soundtrack, Fallout bible, etc. They also don't seem to come with the Mac versions the original releases have. 

I can imagine the extras may be due to some remaining rights issue, but seems weird they wouldn't include the Mac binaries. 

Also, Arena and Daggerfall that come free with any purchase can also be picked up at elderscrolls.com for free with no purchase.

Hell_Froze_Over.jpg

Chances of a Bethesda Humble have increased from 0% to 1%.

foxhack.jpg

#9412 cyrus386  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:57 PM

Bethesda and Id Software just joined GOG:

http://www.gog.com/n...s_way_to_gogcom

Morrowind GOTY; Redguard and Battlespire are joining GOG.

Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics are returning.

Ultimate Doom; Doom 2; Doom 2: Master Levels; and Final Doom.

Quake 1: The Offering Edition is joining.

Thanks for the heads up.  Something to look forward to picking up (and then backlogging) in the next sale!

#9413 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   3993 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:31 PM

The last time I tried, I still couldn't download anything through Galaxy because it just kept telling me that even on a game that's only a few hundred megabytes I didn't have enough disk space on a drive with about 100 Gb free. I figured it might have been some kind of weird permissions issue but I've run it as administrator and done everything else I can think of. The only GOG game I have installed right now I ended up downloading with the GOG downloader for this reason. Galaxy is a bit of a pain in the ass to me because it can't even do the one basic thing that a client is supposed to do--download games. Oh well, back to Dragon Age. I don't have any of those issues with Origin.

Just for the hell of it (and because work has been exceptionally tedious today) I downloaded the client on my work computer and tried downloading Chapter 1 of the Heroes Chronicles. It worked just fine. Ugh. That means I'm probably doing something wrong at home. Maybe I'll give it another shot later. 

76561197989704676.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#9414 MysterD   CAG's "Iconic" Toaster w/ approx. 4GB VRAM CAGiversary!   17886 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:35 PM

PC Gamer:

Article on GOG tracking down all the rights, publishers & whatnot for the recent 13 D&D Forgotten Realms games released onto GOG.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved