* * * * - 14 votes

GOG Deals Thread: FPS Classics $2.99 and Under

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

#10021 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3770 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:56 PM

Yeah, it took them 24hs to refresh the XP on my side. But it did work

76561198025176705.png

#10022 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   21009 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:07 AM

Looks like GOG will have a Black Friday starting tomorrow:

http://www.vg247.com..._medium=twitter

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#10023 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4014 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:38 AM

Looks like GOG will have a Black Friday starting tomorrow:

http://www.vg247.com..._medium=twitter

Silly toaster, tomorrow is Tuesday.

#10024 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   21009 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:53 AM

Silly toaster, tomorrow is Tuesday.

Their Black Friday sale still starts tomorrow on Tuesday, though.

[shrug]

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#10025 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   21009 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:05 PM

Black Friday (Week) Sale is up on GOG.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines = $5 on GOG:

https://www.gog.com/...rade_bloodlines

Keep in mind:

Bloodlines on GOG will usually also come equipped w/ Wesp's newest Basic version of his Unofficial Patch.

#10026 BellardB   Get your head in the game! CAGiversary!   327 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

If you own Limbo on Steam you can add it to your GOG account through GOG Connect.

#10027 The End   is nigh! CAGiversary!   5697 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 05:22 PM

I have 54 titles on my wish list, and none of them are on sale. Not even a 10% discount.

Pretty weak.

#10028 Foxhack   OMG HE'S A FURREH OH NOZ CAGiversary!   7769 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:18 PM

EA and Activision still won't add regional pricing for me.

#10029 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   4628 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

For some reason, GOG decided to start its winter sale today. It's not too good. . . a few BaBs that might be worthwhile if you already have a number of the titles in question.

But you can get Neverwinter Nights Diamond for free today and tomorrow, and if you haven't played that game by now, you should be deeply ashamed of yourself.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#10030 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   4681 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 01 December 2016 - 12:35 PM

Nice! I love Neverwinter Nights. Do you know if you still get a copy if you already had it on your account? Is multiplayer still available for the game?

They also have the XP system to earn free games again. If you bought games during the Fall sale, you'll start with more XP in this sale. Just a little incentive to shop more on GOG.

#10031 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   4628 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:08 PM

Nice! I love Neverwinter Nights. Do you know if you still get a copy if you already had it on your account? Is multiplayer still available for the game?

They also have the XP system to earn free games again. If you bought games during the Fall sale, you'll start with more XP in this sale. Just a little incentive to shop more on GOG.

No, if you already own any of GOG's freebies, then you, sir, get nothing!

The multiplayer appears to be LAN only? I'm not quite sure what "direct connect" means. The official BioWare servers shut down years ago.

Edited by warreni, 01 December 2016 - 02:09 PM.

fs_pc.png

#10032 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   4681 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:08 PM

What do you think this is, Steam? They do gift you another NWN key by e-mail!

I think Direct Connect is Direct IP, iono.

#10033 spoderman  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:20 PM

No, if you already own any of GOG's freebies, then you, sir, get nothing!

The multiplayer appears to be LAN only? I'm not quite sure what "direct connect" means. The official BioWare servers shut down years ago.

You have to contact GOG to get a MP key to play online. I'm not sure if it does any good though if the bioware servers were shut down

GUtUP1U.jpg

#10034 Foxhack   OMG HE'S A FURREH OH NOZ CAGiversary!   7769 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:47 PM

I got a gift key after claiming a copy of Neverwinter Nights. I bought the game ages ago. The key arrived at my email like five minutes after I did so.

Edit: Also there's Neverwinter Nights servers still running, every copy of the game can act as a server.

#10035 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   4628 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:22 PM

What do you think this is, Steam? They do gift you another NWN key by e-mail!

I think Direct Connect is Direct IP, iono.

I usually try not to open my mouth when I don't know what I'm talking about, but sometimes. . . .

fs_pc.png

#10036 n64ra   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1861 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:28 PM

I already have the game so here's my gift certificate CC479-79DC2-EF1E5-FC1FA for NN:D. Enter here https://www.gog.com/redeem/

#10037 Foxhack   OMG HE'S A FURREH OH NOZ CAGiversary!   7769 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:38 PM

The discount on the EA bundle is triggered after 10 owned items. So if you already own 6 games from the promo page, you need 4 to get the extra discount. And it's 15 with the Squeenix bundle... which is reached with the exact amount of games I want to get.

All the older 5.99 EA games are 0.89 after the bonus discount. I hate the fact that they don't want to give them any regional prices, but that's damn close to my buying price...

#10038 SeriousGeorge   horrendusness CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

SeriousGeorge

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:08 AM

I only have the 6 Ultima games on my account and I'm seeing the $.89 price without selecting anything.

bah, just realized it's probably the ea action bundle

#10039 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   4681 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

A new round of GOG Connect games are up:
https://www.gog.com/connect

#10040 The End   is nigh! CAGiversary!   5697 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

Hypothetically speaking, if one were to have bought a bunch of games in putinland via VPN during the summer sale, and now has the store prices glitched to RUB on thier account instead of USD, how would one go about changing it back to USD?

#10041 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   4628 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:35 PM

Hypothetically speaking, if one were to have bought a bunch of games in putinland via VPN during the summer sale, and now has the store prices glitched to RUB on thier account instead of USD, how would one go about changing it back to USD?

I'm not completely certain, but hypothetically speaking, disabling your VPN or resetting it to your actual location and rebooting or restarting your browser should work.

fs_pc.png

#10042 Malkan   No, ALL! CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

Hypothetically, you can delete the gog_lc cookie to reset it back to all USD prices.  Or you can update it to be "RU_USD_en" so you see russian prices in USD if that will help your hypothetical russian clone.

#10043 The End   is nigh! CAGiversary!   5697 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

Hypothetically, you can delete the gog_lc cookie to reset it back to all USD prices.  Or you can update it to be "RU_USD_en" so you see russian prices in USD if that will help your hypothetical russian clone.

This would seem to be a good suggestion. However, I recently built a new computer, which involved a fresh OS instillation on a brand new SSD. So I'm pretty sure that old cookies aren't a problem for me.

Usually you can reset the currency that your account is set to in your account settings. But there doesn't seem to be that option for me. I mean, it lists the currency (currently set to RUB), but there is no way to change it. There would ordinarily be a drop-down window where I could select various options. But the drop-down window is gone for me.

#10044 Malkan   No, ALL! CAGiversary!   1038 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:29 PM

This would seem to be a good suggestion. However, I recently built a new computer, which involved a fresh OS instillation on a brand new SSD. So I'm pretty sure that old cookies aren't a problem for me.

Usually you can reset the currency that your account is set to in your account settings. But there doesn't seem to be that option for me. I mean, it lists the currency (currently set to RUB), but there is no way to change it. There would ordinarily be a drop-down window where I could select various options. But there drop-down window is gone for me.

I have the same issue in the galaxy client, but just ignore it there.  It used to update based on what I did in the browser, but now it's stuck.  In a browser I've always been able to control it using the cookie, worst case I'd have to clear all cookies to get it back to normal.

Thinking about it, maybe it's related to moving across computers.  I'm pretty sure galaxy started getting stuck for me when I was messing on my laptop, which I rarely log into GOG on.

#10045 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   21009 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:05 PM

For GOG version owners of The Witcher 3....

Amazon DVG has you covered on Blood and Wine @ 50% off for $10.

If you have to complete the rest of Witcher 3 DLC's now...

GOG has Hearts of Stone @ 25% off for $7.49.

Looks like best price so far on Blood on Wine, according to ITAD:

https://isthereanyde...untbloodandwine

#10046 Foxhack   OMG HE'S A FURREH OH NOZ CAGiversary!   7769 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:27 PM

23ish hours left.

Part of me wants to get a bunch of cheap games, but even after choosing a bunch, I'm about 2500 XP short of getting the third tier bonus, and I don't want to buy games that have no regional pricing. Ugh.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved