* * * * - 14 votes

GOG Deals Thread: FPS Classics $2.99 and Under

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

#10111 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8180 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

Thanks was able to grab this, but how do I get the other free games they added?

Saints Row 2? Log in, go to https://www.gog.com/game/saints_row_2 , click on get it here, and go through checkout.

If you mean the other three games in my post, they're not free.

#10112 The End   is nigh! CAGiversary!   5874 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

They're also not newly added to GOG. In fact, I already own them. Picked them up in a Ubisoft sale a while back where their entire catalogue on GOG was 85% off (as long as you bought everything).

#10113 Reds303  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

Saints Row 2? Log in, go to https://www.gog.com/game/saints_row_2 , click on get it here, and go through checkout.

Thanks for the reply, I misunderstood. Wasn't aware that Saints Row 2 was free so was able to grab that too though.

#10114 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8180 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:08 PM

They're also not newly added to GOG. In fact, I already own them. Picked them up in a Ubisoft sale a while back where their entire catalogue on GOG was 85% off (as long as you bought everything).

I thought they were new. It was the first time I'd seen them on the site.

#10115 BellardB   Get your head in the game! CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

donald-trump-wrong-meme-debate-wrong.jpg

#10116 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7221 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:43 PM

Free baby...I used to play Panzer General when I was younger. I stunk at it...but I played it.

#10117 indef  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:54 PM

If you somehow don't own The Witcher, you can get it for free by inviting Arstechnica spam into your hearts.

#10118 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   4781 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

If you somehow don't own The Witcher, you can get it for free by inviting Arstechnica spam into your hearts.

Wah-wah:

Our apologies, but Ars registration is temporarily close for required maintenance.

Oh well, I already have it on GOG and played it many years ago. 

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#10119 justadude  

justadude

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:04 PM

Rise of the Triad wow I remember that was on one of those 100 games discs back in the day.

#10120 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   21635 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 April 2017 - 10:24 PM

About The Witcher: EE Freebie:

Great game.

If you somehow don't own this by now...well, here's a chance to pick-up a great RPG.

Story, character development, and choice are all excellent in this game, despite the combat being much different (timing-based) & nowhere as good as the combat in both W2 + W3.

Even despite the combat - don't pass up this game for free, if you just don't own it already for some reason.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#10121 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   4781 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

About The Witcher: EE Freebie:

Great game.

If you somehow don't own this by now...well, here's a chance to pick-up a great RPG.

Story, character development, and choice are all excellent in this game, despite the combat being much different (timing-based) & nowhere as good as the combat in both W2 + W3.

Even despite the combat - don't pass up this game for free, if you just don't own it already for some reason.

I have to disagree with your combat comments. While the subsequent games layered on additional elements, I was actually very fond of the timing-based swordplay in the first game and the fact that it generally didn't throw 5-10 opponents at you simultaneously. The combat in The Witcher 2 especially was very dodge-roll-heavy for this reason. 

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.