* * * * - 14 votes

GOG Deals Thread: FPS Classics $2.99 and Under

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

#10231 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4300 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

Free?

With purchase, yes.  It was mentioned upthread when it started.

#10232 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22213 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

Up to 80% off on Activision titles:

Info - https://www.gog.com/..._vtm_bloodlines

Link where you can add stuff to your cart - https://www.gog.com/...710_weekly_sale

MysterD's notable RPG picks:

Arcanum = $1.19

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines = $4.99

(GOG version comes equipped w/ both:

Final official patch v1.2 + latest version 9.7 of Wesp5's Unofficial Patch: Basic Edition)

My Thoughts on those 2 games - see SPOILER:

Spoiler

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#10233 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   5965 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:46 AM

Jotun is free on GOG for the next 2 days. Offer is at the top of the home page.

It's also free on steam if you care to grab it there as well.

It's apparently a promo to build anticipation for the Dev's forthcoming game Sundered. So um, check that out, I guess.

#10234 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22213 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:00 AM

GOG Sale on RPG's up to 90% off:

https://www.gog.com/...717_weekly_sale

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#10235 SeriousGeorge   horrendusness CAGiversary!   332 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

SeriousGeorge

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:52 PM

No mention of Vampire Bloodlines at the top of the list? MysterD are you OK? Are you being held against your will?

#10236 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3516 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:13 PM

No mention of Vampire Bloodlines at the top of the list? MysterD are you OK? Are you being held against your will?

Check YanniC's dungeon.....

#10237 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22213 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:42 PM

Bloodlines sale is dead right now. That was last week's sale. There's other stuff on sale for RPG's this week.

And I spoiler-tagged my thoughts sometime last week on Bloodlines + Arcanum a few posts up, over here :

https://www.cheapass...der/?p=13773998

Bloodlines is my favorite RPG of all time; no real secret there. That's namely b/c of the amount of choices, decisions, atmosphere, story, plot, character development, voice-acting, music, level-design, quest-design, quest-variety, different character builds, and probably other things I ain't thinking of at the moment.

Bloodlines might not have the best combat b/c this hybrid did come out before Mass Effect 2 (like many hybrids mixing RPG and shooter elements, suffer from that problem of depending too much on dice-rolls + needing you to have good gun stats) - but everything else being top notch makes it my favorite game of all time.

Seriously, if Bloodlines ever hits $5 on Steam or GOG - everybody missing this, go buy it. 

If you're going w/ GOG Version, it comes w/ a Wesp Unofficial Patch (Basic Edition) - so, you can just use that shortcut to get the game going, if you are content w/ that. If not, find some other patches or mods - and get going!

If you get it on Steam - you will need to find a way to get the game running, since it comes w/ Troika's last Official Patch 1.2, which doesn't work normally on PC's with the infamous 15MB RAM issues + on W7 and above out-the-box. You will likely also need to use Wesp's Patch (Basic or Plus Edition) or Tess's True Gold Patch, to get VTMB going from Steam. And you might need to disable Steam overlay (b/c it has issues w/ it) + disable patch-updates (Steam is known for patching backward to Official V 1.2), since it also has issues w/ those on Steam.

#10238 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22213 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:02 AM

GOG Updates their RPG 90% off sale w/ a few more titles + sorting options:

https://www.gog.com/...717_weekly_sale

#10239 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7561 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

Anyone play Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear? I've been waiting for 75% off for that one forever and i'll probably be waiting forever for that haha.

#10240 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22213 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

Interplay "Staycation" sale:

https://www.gog.com/...staycation_sale

#10241 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   5965 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

Interplay "Staycation" sale:

https://www.gog.com/...staycation_sale

Looks like Interplay will be raising prices on most (if not all) of their games after the sale ends. Surely that will save them from bankruptcy.

#10242 spoderman  

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

Looks like Interplay will be raising prices on most (if not all) of their games after the sale ends. Surely that will save them from bankruptcy.

I'm missing 5 of these. Might grab them on GOG since steam almost never has good discounts on Interplay games.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#10243 MysterD   "Iconic" VRAM-Fanatic + DRM-Free Toaster CAGiversary!   22213 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

I'm missing 5 of these. Might grab them on GOG since steam almost never has good discounts on Interplay games.

Where's an Interplay Humble Bundle for Steam keys when we need them, right?

#10244 smackattack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1005 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

ive cherrypicked everything I wanted from interplay ages ago.   Get Giants and Sacrifice if you dont have them already and call it a day.

#10245 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3500 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:31 PM

Any of the Trek games worth playing for people who can't speak Klingon?