* * * * - 14 votes

GOG Deals Thread: FPS Classics $2.99 and Under

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

#10261 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

Some new games added to the Pinata Pool.  

Also, you can apparently refund purchases you have yet to download.

...I wonder if that includes the piñata games.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#10262 indef  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:37 PM

...I wonder if that includes the piñata games.

Yes, that thread I linked specifically mentions those.

#10263 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22745 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

Id Software Shooter Sale -> Old School Doom, Quake & Wolfenstein = 75% off:

https://www.gog.com/...l_sale_bethesda

Gothic 1-3 series sale -> 60% for some or 85% off if you take 'em all:

https://www.gog.com/...e_gothic_series

D&D, Dragon's Dogma, Dragon Age, and Other Modern Classics sale -> up to 80% off:

https://www.gog.com/...821_weekly_sale

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#10264 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22745 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

New additions to the DRM-FREE club at GOG.

Doom 3: BFG Edition - 75% off at $5.00

https://www.gog.com/...m_3_bfg_edition

Quake 4 - 75% off at $3.74

https://www.gog.com/...elease_quake_iv

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#10265 Meepo  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:49 PM

Is DOOM 3 BFG the version with issues?

#10266 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22745 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:07 AM

Is DOOM 3 BFG the version with issues?

Eh, depends on how you look at it. [shrug]

If you want old-school Doom 3 w/ the original lighting; lower system requirements (out-the-box); less official resolution & texture support; switch b/t flashlight & gun mechanic (which gives the game a more survival-horror feel); and likely has more mod support here - that's the version to get. Old Doom 3 is on Steam, but I just don't see it on GOG.

If you want the Doom 3 BFG Edition - it's on a newer engine (which needs better system); better texture + resolution support; flashlight strapped on your guns out-the-box  (which give it a more run-and-gun style Doom experience); and want the extra Doom 3: The Lost Episodes content - yep, this is the version. Also, if you need Ultimate Doom 1 & Doom 2, that's here too. Also coming w/ Doom 2 here is former XBLA Exclusive extra episode No Rest for Living Episode. Also, Ultimate Doom 1 & Doom 2 WADS are packaged with this and can be used in other Source Ports that support it.

B/c both packages have their own pro's and con's & b/c BFG has some exclusive content - eh, if you can get them cheap enough, get both.

#10267 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6081 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

Not sure if anybody here will care, but two games (Schein and Windforge) are getting removed from GOG on August 31st. They are both 75% off for the final few days.

There is an announcement about this which you can read here. But even in the announcement, it doesn't say why the games are being removed. So there isn't much more info beyond what I've already posted here.

For those who use Steam as well as GOG, both of these games are available there, and have been bundled multiple times before. Here are the Steam links for both games in case you wanna check if you own them on Steam. Windforge --  Schein

#10268 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22745 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

@The End

I don't see it listed yet or anywhere on either of the Steam Forums as they are possibly leaving Steam.

Any idea if it might be only leaving GOG?

#10269 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6081 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:28 PM

With the information given, the best I can do is guess. I mean, you basically know as much as I do at this point. As I said above though, both of these games were bundled multiple times. So if either of them do get removed from steam, it really shouldn't be too hard to track down a key.

Let's be honest though, neither of these two games are all-time classics. If they get removed, and you find yourself without them in your collection, life will go on.

#10270 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22745 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:58 AM

Up to 75% off Square Enix & Eidos titles.

Some games on sale are from Hitman series, Deus Ex series, Thief series, and more:

https://www.gog.com/...ale_square_enix

#10271 BellardB   Get your head in the game! CAGiversary!   446 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:25 AM

Up to 75% off Square Enix & Eidos titles.

Some games on sale are from Hitman series, Deus Ex series, Thief series, and more:

https://www.gog.com/...ale_square_enix

Up to 80% off if you complete your collection and I count 6 not available on Steam.

#10272 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5052 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:40 PM

Anybody want a free copy of The Witcher 1 on GOG? First come, first served.

Still no takers? Seriously, it's free. I just need someone who wants and doesn't have the game to message me with an email address. Heck, if you have it but want to give it to a friend, message me; that's fine too.

Edited by warreni, 01 September 2017 - 11:10 AM.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#10273 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22745 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:32 PM

Up to 90% off on Anuman / Microids titles, XSeed, and GSC Titles:

https://www.gog.com/...seed_gsc_anuman

This includes: STALKER series, Syberia series, Still Life series, and (weaker discounts) on The Legends of Heroes series.

#10274 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6081 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:27 PM

Torchlight 1 & 2 are currently available on GOG Connect. You have 72 hours to claim them.

#10275 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6081 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:34 PM

The original Mafia game was released on GOG today. Apparently they removed all the licensed music from the game. Presumably this was done to facilitate the game's re-release.

Announcement page.

#10276 spoderman  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:50 PM

The original Mafia game was released on GOG today. Apparently they removed all the licensed music from the game. Presumably this was done to facilitate the game's re-release.

Announcement page.

Nice, I regret passing on it before it got delisted on steam. I'm sure it'll end up on steam after 6 months, which is usually when the GOG exclusivity crap ends. Someone will probably make a custom patch to add the original music back

GUtUP1U.jpg

#10277 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5052 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

Announcement page.

A bummer about the music but you're probably right about the rationale behind it.

But that MSRP, yikes! Will wait for GOG Xmas sale and hope for 75% off. I would like to try this one as I'm assuming the GOG version will run on my computer. Has anyone alerted  the toaster?

FWIW, there's also a new Witcher documentary posted to GOG as part of the 10th anniversary celebrations.

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#10278 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3964 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:57 PM

I can't forget that racing mission. It made me Uninstall the game and never look back to try it again

#10279 SriLankanGod   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   283 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

SriLankanGod

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

The witcher 3 goty for $20 to go in my deep backlog or wait until I beat witcher 1 and 2 first then buy?

#10280 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   780 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:36 PM

The witcher 3 goty for $20 to go in my deep backlog or wait until I beat witcher 1 and 2 first then buy?

Play the first 2 games - great.  $20 will appear again at Winter Sale.  Buy now if wanting to play now or just have in a backlog near the front of the pack.

#10281 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22745 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:20 PM

Someone will probably make a custom patch to add the original music back [to Mafia: GOG version

Yup, they already did it - https://www.gog.com/..._original_music

#10282 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6081 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:37 AM

They should have made it so the only way you could get Mafia is via GOG connect.

#10283 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22745 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:48 AM

They should have made it so the only way you could get Mafia was via GOG connect.

If only there was a way to reclaim my retail copy of Mafia to GOG and/or Steam...

#10284 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6081 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:09 AM

No, that would spoil my fun. I wouldn't be able to laugh at you for not having the game on your GOG/Steam account.

#10285 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22745 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

No, that would spoil my fun. I wouldn't be able to laugh at you for not having the game on your GOG/Steam account.

There's no key in the jewel-case or booklet either; I looked. :(

#10286 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3964 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:08 AM

Send them a selfie holding the box

#10287 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6081 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:14 PM

A bummer about the music but you're probably right about the rationale behind it.

But that MSRP, yikes! Will wait for GOG Xmas sale and hope for 75% off. I would like to try this one as I'm assuming the GOG version will run on my computer. Has anyone alerted  the toaster?

IsThereAnyDeal has re-added Mafia to the database, so I'm finally able to check if there is any difference in regional pricing. Looks like the base price is a whopping 71% cheaper in Mother Russia. At that discount, I'm having to fight the urge to buy it right now. But I'm definitely gonna pull the trigger when it hits 50% off. It would be about $2 with the regional discount plus a 50% sale.

#10288 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8595 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:14 PM

Send them a selfie holding the box

They actually had a promo where if you sent them pictures of Master of Orion 1, 2, or 3, you'd get the respective games.

https://www.gog.com/...3_retail_copies

I don't know if this is still active.

#10289 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4374 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:16 AM

They actually had a promo where if you sent them pictures of Master of Orion 1, 2, or 3, you'd get the respective games.

https://www.gog.com/...3_retail_copies

I don't know if this is still active.

Huh.  I bought Master of Orion 1 and 2 on GOG well before that started, but I think I have a boxed copy of Master of Orion 2 around here.  It's been in my backlog for a very long time.

#10290 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22745 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

Essential Gems sale on GOG - RPG's, action games, and adventures.

Info on this - https://www.gog.com/...ial_gems_75_off

50% off what you take if you don't take them all OR 75% off your entire order if you take everything in this sale:

Sale Page - https://www.gog.com/...h_localizations

Some games in this list include:

• BG EE 1&2 (except the Siege of Dragonspear expansion)
  • IWD1 EE
  • STALKER series
  • PB's Gothic series (Gothic 1 & 2 & 3) 
  • Stronghold Crusader HD
  • and Syberia series

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved