* * * * - 13 votes

GOG Deals Thread: GOG's 6th Birthday Sale Ongoing (Year 3 games on sale, Alone in the Dark, Dungeon Keeper 2, etc)

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

#8401 indef   Has been playing Mass Effect 3
PS3

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

wat did u do to my eyes

I was trying to highlight this exciting new release.  Dumbass.

#8402 indef   Has been playing Mass Effect 3
PS3

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:59 PM

Strategic Milestones Weekend Extravaganza

~70% off a bunch of stuff that you probably already have.

edit: typed up a bunch of the deals and then proceeded to close the tab like a dumbass, but there are a couple games in there that I don't remember seeing come up too often in other sales, so if you desperately need a particular 1990's RTS, check out the deals and then seek professional help.

edit edit: think i might call my financial advisor and bite on the Enemy Engaged helicopter sims

#8403 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   8820 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

70% off Weekly Staff Picks: SHMUPS
√906.01 = 30.1

#8404 inm8num2   Hidey-ho, neighbors! CAGiversary!   1208 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:51 PM

Someone take this garbage.

#8405 MysterD   CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster CAGiversary!   15675 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Killer Is Dead: Nightmare Edition
PC

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

Someone take this garbage.

Thanks.

Got it.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#8406 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   8820 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment comes to GOG.com

60% off Bastion - $5.99
50% off F.E.A.R. Platinum - $4.99
50% off LEGO Batman: The Videogame - $7.49
60% off LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1 - 4 - $7.99
60% off LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5 - 7 - $7.99
Mortal Kombat 1+2+3 - $5.99
√906.01 = 30.1

#8407 indef   Has been playing Mass Effect 3
PS3

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

Celebrate Valentine's Day with...uh, DRM free games, I guess.

#8408 motoki   A New Game Everyday CAGiversary!   10443 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago   Has been playing Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Vita

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:22 PM

Most of those have jack shit to do with Valentine's Day. Leisure Suit Larry at least works with the whole VD abbreviation.

2969.png

#8409 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   4044 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:47 PM

Most of those have jack shit to do with Valentine's Day. Leisure Suit Larry at least works with the whole VD abbreviation.

Nonsense.

The Longest Journey - What is love except the longest journey?

Unreal Gold - Put a ring on it, dude

Gray Matter - Don't you want a smart girl?

To The Moon - Ralph and Alice had a love story for the ages

Trine - Celebrate Valentine's day with a threesome

Runaway - Most of my dates have been with street urchins desperate for a sandwich

Postal: Classic & Uncut - Tell that girl you're interested in that you're "classic & uncut"

Fist Puncher - ....I think I'm done now.

#8410 Foxhack   OMG HE'S A FURREH OH NOZ CAGiversary!   4441 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

So, Jack Keane.

We meet again.

foxhack.jpg

#8411 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   8820 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:55 PM

BalzBlue...pretty much sums up my Valentine's Day.

√906.01 = 30.1

#8412 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3027 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:08 PM

BalzBlue...pretty much sums up my Valentine's Day.

Another trip to the strip joint eh....tip a 1 in the name of good old nitro.

#8413 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   8820 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:54 PM

Weekly Staff Picks: Face The Music! up to 80% off.
√906.01 = 30.1

#8414 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3027 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:43 PM

Is it sad that pretty much all I'm looking for on GOG now is Lucasarts and Star Wars games being discounted. I think I may have finally reached my GOG games glut. 

#8415 asheskitty   アシス猫 CAGiversary!   11630 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

asheskitty

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:49 PM

Is it sad that pretty much all I'm looking for on GOG now is Lucasarts and Star Wars games being discounted. I think I may have finally reached my GOG games glut. 

Inevitable with their primary draw being old games.  I do appreciate that they haven't gone all steam-greenlight on us.  I like that their indie selection is still curated.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#8416 MysterD   CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster CAGiversary!   15675 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Killer Is Dead: Nightmare Edition
PC

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:23 PM

I think the biggest problems for GOG are...

1. GOG don't have enough exclusives or their exclusives don't last long enough. This lead to games being found elsewhere now or eventually found elsewhere, possibly causing me to avoid GOG version. And that leads me to point #2....

2. GOG's prices aren't as competitive normally as elsewhere. GOG is often topped by Steam, Bundle Sites, etc. As a CAG, I want the cheapest price on a game. If GOG ain't supplying that best-price, I'm likely gonna go elsewhere.

3. GOG Versions often come w/ Goodies. Maybe this is why the prices still don't top Steam and other places - b/c the version you get from GOG, it likely has extra stuff....and if there's more stuff in GOG version, good chance it'll cost more. Often, they'll have awesome goodies - but, you still don't want to buy the game there b/c it's much cheaper elsewhere just for the game alone; and/or you don't care too much about the goodies offered for a certain particular game.

4. "MysterD Reasons".

Most people don't care about these reasons of mine, so I'll spoiler-tag 'em...

Spoiler

5. GOG Galaxy game-client isn't in full swing yet.

Right now, I'm really wanting that optional game-client. Few reasons why.

Issue A. Game-clients like Steam makes things so much easier, in handling updates - for both dev's and its users. It updates what it needs to - the end. Nothing is more annoying on GOG than having to re-download entire builds + then get new patches entirely b/c newest version (new build or patch) totally makes the old builds worthless + throw-aways.

Example: Downloading new a starting-build for Outcast Version 1.1 (say it's Build 2.1.0) + then a few small patches (2.1.2); then you have to do it all over again later b/c the newest patch isn't cumulative and they have re-began again w/ a new Outcast Version starting build (V 2.2.0) and you need that before you can install patch 2.2.1. Seriously - WTF? Someone tell Outcast dev's to get this crap together w/ how they update their game. A better solution to this - let the Galaxy client handle all updates, for both the dev's + users....like Steam does.

Issue B. There's also the problem of when something updates or gets added, what is it? You can check your account and you'll know that a specific game got some update as ONLY the game itself will be marked with "NEW". But, who knows what the update is, unless you're paying attention? They don't specifically label with what items are "NEW" for what updated or is totally brand new. Some games, they have tons of items - your guess, as good as mine on what got updated or added. Maybe they added a brand new goodie; maybe updated an old goodies w/ new content attached; maybe a brand new Linux version got added; maybe a new patch. God knows, if you can't figure it out. So, you might have to go check the forums and see if people have figured it out (there's a thread on General GOG Boards w/ "Here's What Updated" (which is now a huge thread and isn't neatly sorted) or GOG announced on a specific game-board what was the updated/added.

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#8417 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5790 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:49 PM

So I know the big hook when it comes to the GOG client is online multiplayer, but how do I know what games will be provided with online MP through the client?

Got an alt account for Steam cards? Sick of not getting all your drops before the market crashes? Tired of all the hours spent catching up on all your alt's drops? Send me a PM!

Official Hammerwatch Dispenser - $1 PayPal each

#8418 spoderman   I thought Harvey Dent said that CAGiversary!   11886 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:51 PM

y u no wait for them to come to Steam? They'll probably be released on Steam in a few months.

#8419 asheskitty   アシス猫 CAGiversary!   11630 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

asheskitty

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:04 PM

y u no wait for them to come to Steam? They'll probably be released on Steam in a few months.

The steam versions have game-breaking issues.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#8420 MysterD   CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster CAGiversary!   15675 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago   Has been playing Killer Is Dead: Nightmare Edition
PC

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:10 PM

So I know the big hook when it comes to the GOG client is online multiplayer, but how do I know what games will be provided with online MP through the client?

AVP Classic 2000 (GOG Version) will use Galaxy.

Unfortunately, it ain't even listed anywhere on the game's GOG store-page w/ some kind of note, icon, or anything.

#8421 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   8820 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:47 AM

Special Promo: Book of Unwritten Tales Saga Up To 75% Off
√906.01 = 30.1

#8422 indef   Has been playing Mass Effect 3
PS3

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:16 PM

Weekend deals

70% off Atari and Rebellion games  

66% off Mount & Blade games (not including Viking Conquest)

40% off the Witcher Adventure Game

#8423 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3027 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:58 PM

Lots of games I don't own in Atari/Rebellion sale....lots of RTS for sure. I may get KKND2 but heard it has game breaking bugs.... do like new games but eh and 70% off doesn't come as often on GOG anymore....

#8424 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   8820 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:52 AM

Weekly Staff Picks: Infinity Remastered Up to 50% off
√906.01 = 30.1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved