Giving away a Humble Indie Bundle V gift key

WindyCityGamer

CAGiversary!
In a shameless bid to get more followers on Twitter, I'll be giving away a gift key for the recently no-longer-available-for-sale Humble Indie Bundle V. Which, IMO, is one of the best bundles I've seen.

And yes, it's the "full" bundle. No screwin around here ;) - Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery, LIMBO, Amnesia, Psychonauts, Bastion, Lone Survivor, Braid, and Super Meat Boy.

How to qualify:

1. Follow @WindyCityGamer on Twitter
  2. Send out a tweet (or retweet) saying something along the lines of the following:
    "Miss the Humble Indie Bundle V? Follow @WindyCityGamer and RT, and on Jun29 he's giving a gift key to a random follower #humblebundle"​

The drawing will be held on June 29, 2012. Winner will be announced on Twitter, and the gift key sent via Twitter PM.

----

On Twitter I talk about or retweet stuff about comics, movies, cooking, video games, indie gaming, PnP RPGs, decent sales I notice on games, etc.

I'm also working with an artist on an original comic, and have some plans for a few games (if I ever set aside time to work in Unity).

---

I have other stuff to give away in the future, just need to get my stuff unpacked (recently moved), so I'll be kicking back some stuff to the CAG homies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I wanted to get an opinion (not on this, but for any future Humble Bundle giveaways).

A friend commented that I'd have been better off giving away the bundle, then giving away the secondary prizes separately.

I see what he was saying, that it was giving more things away to more people... but IMO it seemed lame to give away the bundle without the add-ins, since I could have just gotten a bunch of them for a penny or something. Yeah, it's nice if you missed it, but... I dunno. That's why I'm wondering what others think about it.

for the winner ask them if they have any games in the bundle if they do then you could give those away maybe?

Well, I've had some conflicts before, I think. How it's worked for (for me, I use Steam) is it gives you the key for the bundle (just the core bundle), then you get separate codes for the individual add-ons. Now I don't know if it will let you trade the key away in Steam if you already have the game, I've never really gotten trades through Steam to work.

What I don't like about splitting it is I'd basically be redeeming the key... but then giving away the steam keys. I'd rather just give away the Humble Bundle gift key, if that makes sense, because HB offers direct download (if you don't want to go through Steam), as well as through a different, not-Steam, digital download service.

Splitting everything up just seemed needlessly complicated, as well as having many downsides.

Ok, drawing is today!

I was going to do it around noon, but had a family thing... which got called off because it's over 100 degrees outside.

Anyway, I'll do it around 6 or 7 pm.

Ok, the winner is alex (@Zyz_0)!

They only have like 7 tweets (and they're ALL retweets)... but I guess I'll ask them to claim it, and pick again if they don't? I don't want to judge... but if it's just a spammer account...

Wow, I'm an idiot.

Ok, the terms of the raffle ARE that the drawing is on the 29th, so even though I'm stupid, those are the terms.

So go ahead and tweet, and the raffle IS tomorrow, despite me not having my shaq-fu together.

I'll message the dude I picked and see if he wants 100k gold in Diablo 3. Otherwise, I'll figure something else out for him/her.

bread's done
Back