Tombs question and did you catch it earlier?
For your first spoiler,
As for spoiler 2, yes.
Ok I have a few questions at this point in the game. For reference I am about 10 hrs in, just got to the volcano place (where the 2nd half of the demo started).
1. I have about 3 different familiars that are ready to metamorphosis (sp lol?), where do you get the drop you feed them to level them up? I didn't see any to buy in the desert town and I haven't found any off of enemies yet. Are they just drops? If so are they rare and am I just screwed until I get lucky?
2. What are good basic strategies for having your AI partner be useful in combat but not immediately blow their MP wad? I leave Esther on "don't use abilities" most of the time but this seems to make her kind of useless. If I set her to keep me healed or even to support it seems like she uses all her MP in about 2 minutes.
3. Is there any reason to capture a creature twice? Do similar creatures always roll the same exact stats and abilities? What about when they are a double sign or not? Is it a rare % chance that a creature will be a double sign or is it standard on certain enemies?
Sorry for the noobish questions, I've been reading my guide carefully but still have a few questions I'd like to have clarified. When I do capture a creature I always check it in the guide to see if I want to start leveling it up right away or not. I prefer creatures with either defense/evade over the ones who psyche up, I don't know if that's always a good strategy or not. I am also trying to get a good mix of elemental attacks so that no matter what enemy I come up against something I have will damage it.
1. Most of the basic drops I got from enemies. After you finish the trials, finish the volcano and you should get plenty of them. And you can only use the one associated with familiar's sign (ie, Mite needs sundrop). Oh, and don't morph all 3 at once. As they go back to level one, they need quite a bit of time before they're useful again.
2. I did what you did with Esther, set it to "don't use abilities" because as you said, he goes through her MP like she's retarded. Her base familiar is pretty good, keep it with a good defense (physical and magic) and good equipment and let her attack. During boss fights, I set her to "back up" or "heal".
The worst part is that your allies can't defend so she'll take a ton of damage during boss fights. You're a few hours away from getting the "all defense" and "full offense" command for your allies, which makes fights much more manageable.
For some reason, allies are useless when you first get them but after an area or two, they're much better. I had issues with her when I first got her and then again, when I got my next ally. But now, my team seems to be working fluidly.
I can't help you with #3... it's something I've actually wondered myself.
Edited by Vinny, 29 January 2013 - 08:14 PM.