Sony removes the 4GB mem card from AC Liberation bundle

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they are just changing it to an 8 as well. Is the PSV going to be white or light grey? All of the mockup photos I have seen seem to be a light grey.

I'm not really interested in the AC line, but I do want to pick this up for the white/grey PSV. If they are dropping the mem card altogether, I would say it probably won't be worth it (unless they really slash the price, which I doubt).

But hey, they need a dumb marketing move to counter MS' GOD sale.

[quote name='Llamaw00d']I hope they are just changing it to an 8 as well. Is the PSV going to be white or light grey? All of the mockup photos I have seen seem to be a light grey.

I'm not really interested in the AC line, but I do want to pick this up for the white/grey PSV. If they are dropping the mem card altogether, I would say it probably won't be worth it (unless they really slash the price, which I doubt).

But hey, they need a dumb marketing move to counter MS' GOD sale.[/QUOTE]Link details say it's a white vita

[quote name='Llamaw00d']I wouldn't doubt it Scorch. I will be disappointed though of course.[/QUOTE]Hopefully, since there's tons of time before this hit shelves customer feedback will make them reconsider this move.

[quote name='Salamando3000']The page also mentions the MSRP for the bundle as being $249. It's like getting a free game with your Vita.[/QUOTE]

Salamando is getting at the real point here. You're not losing a memory card you're getting a "free" game.

This is a new and good thing. I'd rather look for a memory card on my own. Their are starting to be deals and discounts on them. So for the price of a wifi vita you now also get a game which you can sell if you don't want it.

Would you rather pay more and get the memory card too?

[quote name='stevebass']Salamando is getting at the real point here. You're not losing a memory card you're getting a "free" game.

This is a new and good thing. I'd rather look for a memory card on my own. Their are starting to be deals and discounts on them. So for the price of a wifi vita you now also get a game which you can sell if you don't want it.

Would you rather pay more and get the memory card too?[/QUOTE]usually the bundles still come with memory also at the same price I got the GOW psp ones & they came with it.

[quote name='Enuf']usually the bundles still come with memory also at the price[/QUOTE]

Only other bundle I was aware of was the First Edition bundle, which was $350 for a 3G vita, game, and memory card. What were the other bundles that included game + vita + memory card for $250? I'm not trying to be sarcastic here...I was just not genuinely aware there were enough Vita bundles that were released to establish a trend, nor could I find one.

Regardless, there'll be issues if they don't include one. The fact that one's included has been on advertising sheets and was mentioned during the reveal at E3. Gamestop and Bestbuy both clearly show and list the memory card as coming in the bundle. People have likely pre-ordered, and I can't see people reacting well when they find out they either pre-ordered under false pretenses or that Sony worsened the value of the bundle by including less.

They could be doing something like including a coupon for $19.99 off a memory card, so you could apply it to a card of any size. But that's wishful thinking.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Only other bundle I was aware of was the First Edition bundle, which was $350 for a 3G vita, game, and memory card. What were the other bundles that included game + vita + memory card for $250? I'm not trying to be sarcastic here...I was just not genuinely aware there were enough Vita bundles that were released to establish a trend, nor could I find one. [/QUOTE]In the link in the OP the madden bundle is right above the AC one it has the mem card

A free $40/$50 game and a chance to "choose-your-own-flavor" memory card? Seems like a win-win scenario for all involved.
Maybe the 4gb cards are going the way of the Dodo?

I am hoping they are adding an 8 GB card to the deal , as I stated earlier. The problem with allowing people to shop for their own memory card is that in order to use the product (Vita) a memory card is required for 90% (I pulled that percentage out of my arse but I think it is close) of it's functions. Also the $40-50 pricing of the free game is inflated. I haven't checked Amazon for the MSRP of the Vita AC game. Even if MSRP is $40 for AC, that is overpriced. All VITA games above $30 are not properly priced in my opinion (and most of the CAGs will agree I'm sure, as is our nature). After what we have seen I would have expected an increase in perceived value and not a reduction in provided product. The majority of the people watching this product have seen the FEB and early adopter 3G bundles. They won't be pleased if there isn't a memory card included in this new one. That's my forty-two cents, take it as you will. I respect your opinion even though I might (and most likely do) disagree. I don't think I will change anyone's mind, but I wanted to point out what I felt was the "proper view of the subject matter".

I have my doubts about a 8GB or higher memory card being included. I find it more believable that 4GB be included as a "starter" memory card. Where you fill it up and end up wanting/buying more memory cards.

This bundle has me interested with all of these rumored or announced/released Vita titles.
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Valkyria Chronicles Dual (rumored to be VC 1 and 3.)
Earth Defense Force 2017 (JPN only so far.)
Persona 4 Gold (Guessing the definitive version of Persona 4.)
And Now
Assassin's Creed Liberation (Haven't played Brotherhood or Revelation, seeing a female lead seems interesting to me. Also finished Assassin's Creed Bloodlines.)

[quote name='Enuf']2nd link shows the other bundle that comes with the memory card[/QUOTE]

If by "other bundle" you mean the Madden bundle, they removed any mention of the memory card from there too. But for some reason, that angle isn't being reported. Not that I'm saying this is either a good or bad move, just that including a memory card with bundles isn't a trend.
http://us.playstation.com/psvita/systems/

To the other guy...Don't get your hopes up over Valkyria Chronicles Duel. It's a browser based card game.

[quote name='Salamando3000']If by "other bundle" you mean the Madden bundle, they removed any mention of the memory card from there too. But for some reason, that angle isn't being reported. Not that I'm saying this is either a good or bad move, just that including a memory card with bundles isn't a trend.

To the other guy...Don't get your hopes up over Valkyria Chronicles Duel. It's a browser based card game.[/QUOTE]

Just found that Valkyria Chronicles Duel was a card game. :whistle2:(

Might end up getting a 3DS XL for Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward because of this news.

I'll probably be too busy playing catch up playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Revelation, and AC III to even bother with AC: Liberation. Already have the Metal Gear games on Xbox/PS2.

Any news on whether this bundle includes the memory card or not? Amazon's listing still includes it.

I'm thinking about getting a Vita when Persona 4 comes out and I have my eye on this.

Gamestop rep said there's been times when they had to offer an item separately. With this scenario a YMMV pm maybe in play.

[quote name='gokou36']lol, Gamestop finally removed the 4gb listing on their site.[/QUOTE]Sucks Sony should do a premium bundle that comes with 16GB or 32GB card, Uncharted, Unit 13 & Gravity Daze for $400-$450. If there was a $75-$100 in-store gc deal while these were on the shelf kiss the supply goodbye.

But more than likely their game choices would be MNR, Uncharted, Little Deviants, Reality Fighter, Resistance Burning Skies or Wipeout.

[quote name='Enuf']Sucks Sony should do a premium bundle that comes with 16GB or 32GB card, Uncharted, Unit 13 & Gravity Daze for $400-$450. If there was a $75-$100 in-store gc deal while these were on the shelf kiss the supply goodbye.

But more than likely their game choices would be MNR, Uncharted, Little Deviants, Reality Fighter, Resistance Burning Skies or Wipeout.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with your logic there. The average consumer would be more willing to purchase a cheaper bundle regardless of what came in it. Your everyday Gamestop customer doesn't have an easy time dropping $400+ on a handheld system. It wouldn't be that out of the question for someone to spend $150 on a system that didn't come with anything extra though.

[quote name='Tsel']I have to disagree with your logic there. The average consumer would be more willing to purchase a cheaper bundle regardless of what came in it. Your everyday Gamestop customer doesn't have an easy time dropping $400+ on a handheld system. It wouldn't be that out of the question for someone to spend $150 on a system that didn't come with anything extra though.[/QUOTE]When I say "premium" or "exclusive" I mean in terms of what they used to be...limited to pre-orders mainly. Retailers throw the terms around loosely like GOTY. With them being a limited supply the demand would be higher & these wouldn't be geared toward the "everyday customer". Moreso geared towards the people who got the 1st edition bundles.

They'd be able to promote the "at least a "$40 savings" line & the GC would most likely go towards more games/accessories.

You don't think a custom themed $400 Wifi/$450 3G vita bundle w/any 3 of these games Uncharted, MGS coll, Gravity Daze or Unit 13 & a 32 GB memory card would've sold at launch even with a $75-$100 GC?

$250 wifi $60 w/16 GB mem card
$300 3G/wifi w/$100 32 GB mem card
$50 UC
$40 Unit 13
$40 Gravity Daze
$40 MGS Coll

[quote name='lewchief']Anybody think they will run a deal if you buy Assassin's Creed 3 and Liberation together like they did with MLB The Show?[/QUOTE]

That decision would have to be up to Ubisoft, just as EA are thinking on the decision of doing a Cross-Buy offer with Need For Speed: Most Wanted. But with any PS3 exclusives Sony could do it with whichever they feel should have it.

[quote name='Ninjouzata']That decision would have to be up to Ubisoft, just as EA are thinking on the decision of doing a Cross-Buy offer with Need For Speed: Most Wanted. But with any PS3 exclusives Sony could do it with whichever they feel should have it.[/QUOTE]I could see a new trend with crossbuy that Sony could put into effect once the Vita base is stronger. If they offered exclusive 2pks for a discounted price @ launch say $80 for the vanilla & $100 for the version that would either have all the DLC avail from the start or locked on the disk. They would probably have to limited them mostly to pre-order only with very very few that would make it to stores. Overall I think this would make all parties happy w/o killing our wallets.

Looks like the official SKUs are now out

71fM75M-E2L._AA1034_.jpg

71jkAWc-KGL._AA1253_.jpg

I remember when the Xbox first came out, people complained that you had to buy everything separate while the PS3 "just did everything" and it had everything integrated. Now Sony goes and does this. It's a damn shame that they didn't include a memory card with the console since they're just fooling people into thinking it's cheaper than it really is. Can you even play the games on it without a memory card?

[quote name='Salamando3000']Sony's system page for the Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty bundles now show the memory card too.

Looks like they added it back in. Sooo...crisis averted?[/QUOTE]

yeah, i think enough people complained, and there was enough backlash to cause sony to put it back in. i don't see how they could have offered it at first, then just taken it out without legal repercussions; i'm sure a lot of people pre-ordered it, and were threatening to cancel if they didn't get the 4gb card. vendors probably didn't appreciate it and they let sony know.

bread's done
Back