CAG Pocket Planes Flight Group

teknikalei

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Well, as if I needed another gaming addiction, Cheapy has sucked me in to this obsession that is Pocket Planes. I even managed to hold the top spot in our flight group, but I think that only lasted a couple hours. I'm hopelessly mired in the 11 spot, and unless I play every waking moment, I'll probably stay there.

I just thought I'd create this thread so we could discuss our mini airlines and say thanks to Cheapy for ruining my life. :lol:

Also, I can't believe I'm seriously considering spending $20 (or more :roll:) on "bux".

Gotta go, all my planes have landed.

I swear to god I'm sitting here resisting the urge to buy $5k "bux". I want more planes, more airports, more everything- argh!! The freemium model really works for this game, and multiplying the amount of currency by 5x for every purchase level is sheer EVIL genius. I wish I had bought another $100 iTunes card when they were on sale.

I also want our flight group to win that P40 war hawk dangit! C'mon CAGs fly your asses off! Lol.

[quote name='Malik112099']What is the hashtag?[/QUOTE]
#CAG

[quote name='knightsdwn']Damn, the new global event is all the way in Casablanca. Guess I won't be able to help as much this go around.[/QUOTE]
It takes a bit (1 hour?) but you should be able to move all your planes and airports to the new event. I actually did it twice because of a bug that reset my progress. Also if you retire a plane and replace it with a new one you can put it it any airport you want without flying from point to point.

Since I just started, I've been taking 2 of my 7 planes each time a new event starts and shifted it over to the new area. I take the money from closing the airports where the last event was and use it to buy the airport where the event is and some cheap destinations around it. I do this so I can still have my main fleet making money and progress in my main theater in Japan while still being able to contribute some to the event. I figured it was better than nothing!

What is everyone;s Game Center usernames on here? I can help a new player by gifting them some of my older planes.

Mine's SAV2880

I posted my Game Center username in the sticky thread, but here it is for people who play this game:

MeRandDuh

I just started playing a couple of days ago.

I just started a few days ago too, name is :Keithp: on GC.. How do you see your ranking in the group? All I see is "rank will update shortly", but it never does. The CAG Flightcrew Leaderboard just lists Rank and Jobs Delivered, no names at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='keithp']I just started a few days ago too, name is Keithp on GC.. How do you see your ranking in the group? All I see is "rank will update shortly", but it never does. The CAG Flightcrew Leaderboard just lists Rank and Jobs Delivered, no names at all.[/QUOTE]

You need to do jobs that are going to the location of the global event. In this case, it's the ones that go to the archaeological dig in Santiago.

Downloaded after listening to the CAGcast last week. Been playing all weekend. Joined the CAG Flight Crew.

So how do events work? Do you just buy that city and fly a plane there at some point? Does a specific flight open up?

I started my base of operations in South America and have about a dozen airports running with 8 planes. I have enough parts for 4 more planes but I'm just not making enough money to add slots fast enough, and I refuse to buy fake money with real money. :lol:

Ouch Boston under 4 hours of fog. My crucial Boston-Madrid channel is crippled! :cold:

This game is so much higher intensity than Tiny Tower -- I'll definitely burn out much sooner.

Working hard on Santiago though! I guess I'm #2 on team #CAG. Looking at the numbers though I think holding on to 15th place is about the best we can hope for!

Dinged level 10 last night and got access to the Birchcraft plane with a 1500 mile range and 4 seats! Now I just need to save up 40 bux! What's everyone else's level at?

Crap, I saved up enough to buy the Birchcraft but I only have one airport big enough to fly it to! Now I need to upgrade my airports, and damn, that's expensive!

I think I'm leveled right around where you are and also have access to purchase the Birchcraft. Do you just level up your existing airports to Class 2?

So I did part of a challenge "Science Fair," what does that do for me? Anything? I've been rocking Santiago all night and this morning.

The game definitely grows in complexity when you have class 1 and 2 airports. You really need to start using layovers like crazy during the transition, which you may already be doing.

I'm level 18 with 20 airports. I play too much.

Oh crap just looked and we're dangerously close to losing 15th place! Let's do it people!

Edit: Oh my gamecenter name is butaneko79 if anyone wants to friend up

[quote name='Corvin']I think I'm leveled right around where you are and also have access to purchase the Birchcraft. Do you just level up your existing airports to Class 2?[/QUOTE]

Well, apparently not since I upgraded an airport to level 2 but still can't fly the Birchcraft into it. Anybody know what good upgrading does then?

[quote name='keithp']I just started a few days ago too, name is :Keithp: on GC.. How do you see your ranking in the group? All I see is "rank will update shortly", but it never does. The CAG Flightcrew Leaderboard just lists Rank and Jobs Delivered, no names at all.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Miranda']You need to do jobs that are going to the location of the global event. In this case, it's the ones that go to the archaeological dig in Santiago.[/QUOTE]

Any idea if that is overall rank, or rank in that challenge?

[quote name='keithp']Well, apparently not since I upgraded an airport to level 2 but still can't fly the Birchcraft into it. Anybody know what good upgrading does then?[/QUOTE]

It just adds more available jobs and layover slots.

[quote name='Corvin']Any idea if that is overall rank, or rank in that challenge?[/QUOTE]

If you mean the rank in the "JOBS BY YOU" section, it's your rank just for that challenge. You can click into the leaderboard and see the individual crewmember rankings too. Lame you can't see usernames... if you have gamecenter friends on there do names show up?

[quote name='butaneko']It just adds more available jobs and layover slots.[/QUOTE]

Ok. So is there any way to tell what class an airport is before you buy it? I need to open a new Class 1 airport but don't see how to know how big it is before I plunk down the cash for it.

[quote name='keithp']Ok. So is there any way to tell what class an airport is before you buy it? I need to open a new Class 1 airport but don't see how to know how big it is before I plunk down the cash for it.[/QUOTE]

It is annoying that they don't really explain this but:

Grey Dot = Class 1
Blue Dot = Class 2
Red Dot = Class 3

[quote name='butaneko']It is annoying that they don't really explain this but:

Grey Dot = Class 1
Blue Dot = Class 2
Red Dot = Class 3[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!! I saw the red dots and just thought the places were closed, but now I see.

I've also been obsessed with Pocket Planes. First fitbit and now this, I need to stop listening to the CAGcast! loge18 if anyone wants to add, lvl 12, but happy to help!

[quote name='jedi_dad']anyone participating in the current event at San Diego? I'm hoping we can get into the top 10 and win the spacecraft.[/QUOTE]

I've sat the last few out but I've been working this one it pretty hard. It sucks we pretty much need to double our our output to dream of being in the top 10.

LAX has become a layover hell for me. It's painful that most of the group events are class 1 airports. I'm just about ready to phase out Class 2 aircraft so downgrading my fleet to create class 1 taxi planes to the event site sucks. The lure of the spacecraft plus the novelty factor of a comic con tie-in sucked me in though. :)

You could just join TouchArcade if you want 1st place. Of course if you switch now you lose whatever travelers you have already flown.

[quote name='Corvin']You could just join TouchArcade if you want 1st place. Of course if you switch now you lose whatever travelers you have already flown.[/QUOTE]

what a scandalous suggestion! ;)

I've only been able to play sporadically since it's on my iPad, but I'm maxed out on airports so I'm trying to hit another level so I can open one up in San Diego. I don't really want to close any of the ones I have right now. Should be able to help out over the weekend. I'm working on level 14. They're starting to take alot of experience!

I'm currently in 4th place for team CAG but it looks like we won't get close to the top ten.

Yesterday, I was loading up a plane in Mexico City and one of the jobs was a Golden Mystery Box headed to San Diego. I received the body for a Starship after making the delivery. I'm not sure if it was random but you guys might want to keep an eye out.

[quote name='emg28']Yesterday, I was loading up a plane in Mexico City and one of the jobs was a Golden Mystery Box headed to San Diego. I received the body for a Starship after making the delivery. I'm not sure if it was random but you guys might want to keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me except i got the control panel.

[quote name='emg28']Yesterday, I was loading up a plane in Mexico City and one of the jobs was a Golden Mystery Box headed to San Diego. I received the body for a Starship after making the delivery. I'm not sure if it was random but you guys might want to keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='macontosh2000']Same thing happened to me except i got the control panel.[/QUOTE]

Me too! I got an engine!

BdIX9.png

4cA45.png

If anyone wants to trade a starship engine to me for another part, I would appreciate it. I got 5 of the mystery boxes which contained 1 body and 4 controls for a starship. I just got the reward for the event and received another control part. I was really hoping for an engine.

I've read that the starship is horrible because it's too costly to run. Curiosity is still getting the best of me.

I have a lot of full planes that I would trade. Pearjet C, Pearjet M, Equinox M, Equinox P, Mohawk C, Mohawk M, Birchcraft M.

I'm looking for a starship engine as well. Can trade a starship body or controls. You can also add me. My GC is marlboro51

[quote name='Corvin']You could just join TouchArcade if you want 1st place. Of course if you switch now you lose whatever travelers you have already flown.[/QUOTE]

Interestingly enough, looks like they've decided to *penalize* TouchArcade for the new Singapore event. They get 30bux, while the rest of the top 10 get 45.

Yes, Goose Bay! Finally an event I have an airport for! I'm working on opening up a transatlantic route but I'm not quite there yet.

C'mon CAGs! We can do this!

Sweet! It's also nice to have the option (though a bit expensive) to get a new set of jobs at a location in exchange for bux.

FYI - I'm Sidlon on GameCenter too, and I'll gladly friend any CAGs. B^)

Yeah, I saw you overtake the leader last night as I was flying my butt off to Goose Bay, lol! Congrats! I don't know who the #2 is. Last I knew I was #3, but I'm sure it's changed today since I haven't played while at work.

I'm just hoping to inch our team closer to the top 10. :)

I've mainly been having all my level2 plane drop off loads of GooseBay people in NYC, where a couple mixed planes ferry them over.

Hey guys, My wife is hooked on this game and joined the CAG group. Her username is ticticchilitic. She says she is near the top of the charts for this challenge so I thought I would let you guys know who it is.

bread's done
Back