Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (PS3/360) $5 after $20 off Coupon

I pulled the trigger on this last week. I am considering return and rebuy, but I would have to buy a magazine for another coupon. I guess I would still net $5.

Where's the coupon? I just see the promo for the "buy $50 of stuff and select in-store pickup, get $10 GC" thing.

Edit: >_> Oh. Magazine. Psh. I'm too poor for that.

There's no doubt that due to the wording of the coupon it will work, but will ultimately need an override because of the $0.01 discrepancy.

[quote name='chriscolbert']There's no doubt that due to the wording of the coupon it will work, but will ultimately need an override because of the $0.01 discrepancy.[/QUOTE]

What he said. My store which is fairly lenient has said that the problems arise when a negative total arises.

I'll pick this up if anyone confirms BB is honoring the $20 off coupon. I have the first game I downloaded on XBLA, and while not amazing, was enjoyable enough to waste my time and pick it up for free.

I'll have to decide if this is worth the drive. Already have DW1 and DW2(Legends), just missing the DLC pack for DW1.

The coupon itself says it's valid on sale prices. If I go to my BB and they won't honor it you can bet I will be calling the RZ department to complain.

I understand I may come across as entitled, but from my perspective it's the following. Best Buy sets the prices of the games as well as the coupon in the magazine as well as the terms and conditions. I am following every rule they put into place...if they do not want to honor it then they are not following the terms and conditions they put in place.

Ordered 1 for in store pick up at the Best Buy on the way to my evening class. Will grab it and then try to return/rebuy with the coupon. Cant see any reason why it shouldnt work, but who knows.

[quote name='boyboy1080']ill be picking this one and dragon age ii up for $5 at store, ty for the post[/QUOTE]

DA2 isn't worth $5 if you like Origins and Awakening at all.

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']DA2 isn't worth $5 if you like Origins and Awakening at all.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the troll...gamefaqs and 4chan are that want -->

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I highly doubt its gonna work, but good luck you guys.[/QUOTE]Get the game and a soda, and hand the clerk the coupon. Coupon clearly states it's good on sale prices.

went to bestbuy right now but was shot down because he said it was a sale price and told me he can't give away games for free. I asked if I can purchase a soda but no luck dis was at the Atlantic center ny store bummer

I can't decide if I should wait a few days for them to work the system out to accept it without a hassle or to act today in fear that they may bump the price to $24.99 or something. I have no idea what this game even is... lol

But correct me if I'm wrong, this is the first truly legit situation where a game should theoretically be free after coupon, right?

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']went to bestbuy right now but was shot down because he said it was a sale price and told me he can't give away games for free. I asked if I can purchase a soda but no luck dis was at the Atlantic center ny store bummer[/QUOTE]

Are you going to try in Manhattan? You might have luck there.

i was already heading to bestbuy to pick up my Kinect Sports copy from yesterday,im going to give it a shot to see if it works but my BB is full of A-Holes that always have an attitude when i use a video game coupon.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I can't decide if I should wait a few days for them to work the system out to accept it without a hassle or to act today in fear that they may bump the price to $24.99 or something. I have no idea what this game even is... lol

But correct me if I'm wrong, this is the first truly legit situation where a game should theoretically be free after coupon, right?[/QUOTE]

With the @Gamer coupons yes this is the first time.

Lots of $5 games but nothing for Free

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']went to bestbuy right now but was shot down because he said it was a sale price and told me he can't give away games for free. I asked if I can purchase a soda but no luck dis was at the Atlantic center ny store bummer[/QUOTE]

I would have just pointed out that the coupon works on sale price....

I would have just pointed out that the coupon works on sale price....

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']Are you going to try in Manhattan? You might have luck there.[/QUOTE]

i might later but i have to runs sum errands first i will post my results later

Show him the back of the coupon.

yeah i tried to tell that it should work on sale price like da coupons says and the cashier call for a manager but all she said was to call the 1800 bestbuy number and how u can use it later in the month when it goes back up in price lol. i think me just gettin the free game without any purchase was my downfall so advice will be get something else with your order.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']. Best Buy sets the prices of the games as well as the coupon in the magazine as well as the terms and conditions. I am following every rule they put into place...if they do not want to honor it then they are not following the terms and conditions they put in place.[/QUOTE]

Yup, this...it's not being entitled it's using a coupon. If they give any issues just point them towards the TV show "Extreme Couponers", they get free stuff all the time and sometimes are even OWED money back from stores@

well so much for my theory of getting it for $10 in case it was wiped out after 2 weeks of the coupons being out..haven't even opened the game yet..damn

edit: and if my memory serves me well, this will be the first free game since the gaming coupons they used to run, maybe the exact last free thing was the Nerf set for Wii

[quote name='JKSonic']Yup, this...it's not being entitled it's using a coupon. If they give any issues just point them towards the TV show "Extreme Couponers", they get free stuff all the time and sometimes are even OWED money back from stores@[/QUOTE]

So... like drag them over to the DVD section to get a boxset of that show, then over to the TV section and put in the DVD so they can watch the show? Then they'd go "Oh wow, well I guess since that happens we'll give you the deal this time?"

I have 2 coupons for Deadliest Warrior, lol. I'll get some other stuff with it, I'm sure they'll let it go if the system doesn't freak out (which apparently it won't if the final balance is >0, which it will be)

I am literally looking at the coupon right now and there is no way they could legitimately deny anyone its use. The language is clear as to how the coupon must be used and there is no fine print to suggest they could deny you the game because it is technically “free.”

It is also interesting to note that Best Buy made this price adjustment knowing they had these coupons circulating so to deny their usage is nonsensical. If they actually deny this what they are effectively doing is nullifying their own coupon and forcing people to pay 19.99 instead of nabbing it for the 9.99 price previously available.

And bear in mind these are premium coupons. You either buy the magazine or you are an unlocked member.
My advice is to work your way up the food chain and if the general manage refuses either have him call corporate or call yourself because I would be shocked if the corporate office didn’t push this through.

If you get a copy for each system and a copy of dragon age for 5 bucks. Then go to GameStop to trade it all in. You'll get about 32 bucks after the tiered trade in. So that seems pretty good to me.

bread's done
Back