Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
modalprice_2.png
Best Buy $29.99

more.gif

ps3.gif
Dark Souls
modalprice_2.png
Best Buy $29.99

[quote name='ChaosLaw']So....would the coupon make Deadliest Warrior free?[/QUOTE]

I'd buy that for free :D

"Syndicate" is definitely worth paying $30 for whoknows. It has a strong single player campaign, both in story and gameplay.
Also it has co-op missions for you to complete with 3 other people.

I only wish more people had it so I could play the co-op missions with them.

On another note I played the demo for "Grand Slam Tennis 2" and it's actually quite good. $30 isn't a bad price at which to bite for it.

Just got back from Best Buy with a free copy of Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat after using the @Gamer coupon. Worked for me with no issue or override needed. Did not have to buy anything else either.

[quote name='Sarang01']"Syndicate" is definitely worth paying $30 for whoknows. It has a strong single player campaign, both in story and gameplay.
Also it has co-op missions for you to complete with 3 other people.

I only wish more people had it so I could play the co-op missions with them.
[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I'll probably grab it. I really like the setting; futuristic, but not too futuristic. My favorite kind.

If know one has got Shadows of the Damned yet, first, what's wrong with you? Second, get it now and love it.

I just got back from BBY. All I 'bought' was Deadliest Warrior. Even if it does suck as bad as I think it will its a free $3-6 bucks on trade-in.

edit: Shadows of the Damned at $20 is a great price but Syndicate will more than likely be $20 or lower before the end of summer.

I've been WAITING for a sale/price drop on Syndicate. Count me in for one, and I might as well go try to get myself a free copy of DW in the process.

If you do not mind used and you can find them at your store, Dark Souls and Syndicate (only 360 I guess) are both $24.99 now. You can get both plus another $25 game for $45 plus tax if you have unlocked. (or $50 plus tax)

[quote name='argyle']There needs to be a $20 off coupon on Syndicate now.[/QUOTE]

Jeez I know it's Cheapassgamer but $30 for Syndicate is not a bad deal in the least. It's definitely worth $30. I even commented when I saw the price for $30 that if I hadn't had paid $25 at NBFM I would definitely buy it here. It's easily worth the extra $5.

[quote name='cancerman1120']If you do not mind used and you can find them at your store, Dark Souls and Syndicate (only 360 I guess) are both $24.99 now. You can get both plus another $25 game for $45 plus tax if you have unlocked. (or $50 plus tax)[/QUOTE]

another plus is that both games don't require online passes :applause: which is a surprise because syndicate is from EA

[quote name='Sarang01']Jeez I know it's Cheapassgamer but $30 for Syndicate is not a bad deal in the least. It's definitely worth $30. I even commented when I saw the price for $30 that if I hadn't had paid $25 at NBFM I would definitely buy it here. It's easily worth the extra $5.[/QUOTE]

I have zero interest in the multiplayer, and from what I hear the single player campaign is your typical 7-ish hours long. Plus it's been out for several months now - The Darkness II, which only came out a couple of weeks before this did, has already been on sale for $12.

Anyone who's been tracking how fast game prices have been dropping on this type of game lately should know that it's inevitable that this will be in the $10 range very soon. So no, IMO it's not worth $30.

[quote name='Sarang01']Jeez I know it's Cheapassgamer but $30 for Syndicate is not a bad deal in the least. It's definitely worth $30. I even commented when I saw the price for $30 that if I hadn't had paid $25 at NBFM I would definitely buy it here. It's easily worth the extra $5.[/QUOTE]
Since it will definitely drop to sub $20, why pay $30 now:roll:

[quote name='TooPoor']Since it will definitely drop to sub $20, why pay $30 now:roll:[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you say that about any game? Since it will definitely drop to sub $XX.XX why pay $XX.XX now. It just depends on how long you want to wait.

Shadows of the damned for PS3 was not at my best buy which was very sad. I wanted to pick it up damnit haha. Its not even on their website.

[quote name='Namerson']Couldn't you say that about any game? Since it will definitely drop to sub $XX.XX why pay $XX.XX now. It just depends on how long you want to wait.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, that's why I never bought any game that has a $20+ price tag, except for rare games that I know will raise in value.

Been wanting Shadows of the Damned for awhile, but I just can't bring myself to buy it when I should be clearing out my backlog.

[quote name='Dranakin']Been wanting Shadows of the Damned for awhile, but I just can't bring myself to buy it when I should be clearing out my backlog.[/QUOTE]
It's a great game and the length is okay.

[quote name='argyle']I have zero interest in the multiplayer, and from what I hear the single player campaign is your typical 7-ish hours long. .[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Syndicate single player is short and generic as all hell. I'm surprised to see people chiming in to say this game is worth $30. If you want 4 player coop repetitive MP just get Mass Effect 3, which seems like it's $30 constantly now, and has a LOT more people playing.

Completely missed that these are MSRP drops not sales, man alot of these games didn't even sell 300,00 copies. In for syndicate since store stock is slim but will keep a lookout for other deals/sales to pm.

Man, I really want to bite on Syndicate and Shadows of the Damned, but I have such a backlog that I can't bring myself to do it. :l I'll totally think about this one for a bit though, thanks OP.

Nabbed Dark Souls (360) and Syndicate (360). Already platinumed DS on the PS3, but I enjoyed it so much I want to see what kind of pvp the 360 has to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
SotD is decent but the "most fun you've ever had?" Seriously? I could name a dozen better games I've played last week. Hell, ALL OF THEM.

[quote name='RollingSkull']SotD is decent but the "most fun you've ever had?" Seriously? I could name a dozen better games I've played last week. Hell, ALL OF THEM.[/QUOTE]

Some of the most fun I've ever had.

The sentence is about me, not you. Why does it matter to you what games I find fun?

Also: This game was the most fun I've had. This game was some of the most fun I've had.

Two completely different sentences.

Just finished SotD today and it was worth the $30 I paid at BB last week (already got my price match). I finished it in 7:30 on Medium difficulty, but it was an awesome 7:30. Think of it as a raunchy Resident Evil 4.

[quote name='Namerson']Some of the most fun I've ever had.

The sentence is about me, not you. Why does it matter to you what games I find fun?

Also: This game was the most fun I've had. This game was some of the most fun I've had.

Two completely different sentences.[/QUOTE]

It matters to us because you shared it as a reason for us to buy it. Once you share an opinion, you're open to hearing everyone else's too.

[quote name='RollingSkull']SotD is decent but the "most fun you've ever had?" Seriously? I could name a dozen better games I've played last week. Hell, ALL OF THEM.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ijustw1n']It matters to us because you shared it as a reason for us to buy it. Once you share an opinion, you're open to hearing everyone else's too.[/QUOTE]

It would be fine if he got what I said correct. But coming from the local Suda critic it didn't hold much weight.

[quote name='TooPoor']Exactly, that's why I never bought any game that has a $20+ price tag, except for rare games that I know will raise in value.[/QUOTE]

Well I paid $15.82 each for used copies of Syndicate, Dark Souls and Portal 2. :D

[quote name='argyle']I have zero interest in the multiplayer, and from what I hear the single player campaign is your typical 7-ish hours long. Plus it's been out for several months now - The Darkness II, which only came out a couple of weeks before this did, has already been on sale for $12.

Anyone who's been tracking how fast game prices have been dropping on this type of game lately should know that it's inevitable that this will be in the $10 range very soon. So no, IMO it's not worth $30.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. $10 is my pricepoint

[quote name='Namerson']It would be fine if he got what I said correct. But coming from the local Suda critic it didn't hold much weight.[/QUOTE]
I'll be sure to keep that handy little dismissal in mind next time you ever talk bad about two similar games. Once you become a "xxx critic," you get to be shrugged off.

"Some of" fails to change the tone of my post. I thought it was thoroughly mediocre outside of those story books.

bread's done
Back