LE version of Indiana Jones Quadriology available from Amazon UK. Releases 10/08/12.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Apparently, Paramount will be releasing a LE version of the Indiana Jones Quadriology set in the UK. It's available from Amazon.co.uk, and lists for 64.99GBP. Ordering it from there for was 57.24GBP / $89.65 shipped via standard shipping. Release date is 10/08/12. No details of what's coming in it yet, though there's a few months to go to find out.

They also have a non-LE version of it for 44.99GBP as well. Was 40.27GBP / $63.07 shipped via standard shipping. Same release date, 10/08/12.

Since this is Paramount, it should be region-free and have no issues playing on a US BD player. It's listed as region-free on the Amazon UK site as well.

LE version: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Indiana-Jones-The-Complete-Adventures-Blu-ray/dp/B0089TGJ18

Non-LE version: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Indiana-Jones-Complete-Adventures-Quadrilogy/dp/B003AQBVRW/

Blu-Ray.com article about the two releases: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8960

Hmmm... if I buy this I'll finally be able to see IJ4... but I also read somewhere that once you see it, you can't unsee it.

[quote name='Javery']Hmmm... if I buy this I'll finally be able to see IJ4... but I also read somewhere that once you see it, you can't unsee it.[/QUOTE]That is /very/ correct.

Pre-ordered. I hope someone please bumps this thread in october because I am going to forget that I preordered this. I might cancel because I'm not sure if I can wait for the long ass shipping from the UK.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']It should come in the arc.[/QUOTE]

You beat me to it. I was going to say that.

Major Heads Up if this posting is true -

"Just a heads up for international buyers - Temple of Doom was famously cut in the UK for the pulling-the-heart-out-of-the-chest scene, so you might want to hold out for the US version after all... details of the cuts here - http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/hitsi.htm (scroll down to Indiana Jones) - though if they decide to release uncut for the first time in the UK it would be awesome, I doubt they'll do this given the popularity of the series as "family films" here. "

The hate for the forth film is definitely unwarranted. It could of, and should of, been much worse. Ended up being pretty damn enjoyable. It is by no means the greatest thing ever , but c'mon....Shut off your mind and don't demand Indy 4 be realistic/serious, because really... When have they been?

[quote name='Biglesworth23']The hate for the forth film is definitely unwarranted. It could of, and should of, been much worse. Ended up being pretty damn enjoyable. It is by no means the greatest thing ever , but c'mon....Shut off your mind and don't demand Indy 4 be realistic/serious, because really... When have they been?[/QUOTE]

Nope, still terribad

[quote name='Biglesworth23']The hate for the forth film is definitely unwarranted. It could of, and should of, been much worse. Ended up being pretty damn enjoyable. It is by no means the greatest thing ever , but c'mon....Shut off your mind and don't demand Indy 4 be realistic/serious, because really... When have they been?[/QUOTE]

The fridge thing was pretty hard to swallow but I pretty much was done trying to like it about here:

IndyMonkeys-570x236.jpg

Maybe it's been too long, and I was just blinded by something at the time, haha. The fridge thing really bothered my brother in law while we were watching, I remember that very clearly. He was about ready to walk out the room. I know that scene is pushing things far, but it's not like this series has ever been realistic, though. The fridge thing really did not bother me in the slightest. Just shut off the brain and watch. I think I need to give it another viewing and see how it holds up a few years down the line since I've last seen it.

i didn't hate 4, but it was very hard for me to accepted as a IJ movie. I'm sure Sallah and Jones SR. are glad they weren't in the movie;) .

I saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull at a Midnight showing. After the movie ended, everybody got up and started filing out of the theater in silence when suddenly someone yelled out "That fucking sucked!" and the entire theater erupted in laughter. With that one comment, everyone started talking as they left. It was something I'll never forget. :lol:

[quote name='Javery']Hmmm... if I buy this I'll finally be able to see IJ4... but I also read somewhere that once you see it, you can't unsee it.[/QUOTE]

Watch it until all of them are in the jungle. Turn it off right as they start swinging on vines. The MOMENT it starts. Everything up to that is passable.

Fortunately my mind has completely blocked any memory of the vines scene.

I remember seeing this in theaters with a coworker who's a die hard fan of the first three. After the movie he just sat there in a state of shock, shaking his head and muttering, "they should've left it alone."

[quote name='Javery']Hmmm... if I buy this I'll finally be able to see IJ4... but I also read somewhere that once you see it, you can't unsee it.[/QUOTE]

Damn you Spielberg!!!!!!

More like "damn you Lucas!" for his awful idea of an ending.

Also, the "turn off your brain" idea is just an excuse.
This movie cannot be taken seriously and becomes a comedy after repeat viewings.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']More like "damn you Lucas!" for his awful idea of an ending.
[/QUOTE]

I said Spielberg because the man is obsessed with aliens. I mean look: Men in black, Super 8, Falling Skies, ET, Transformers (they are technically aliens), Cowboys and Aliens, the list just goes on and on. We have our answer as to weather or not HE believes.

[quote name='seether254']Damn you Spielberg!!!!!! [/QUOTE]
That could have hired Senor Spielbergo and saved a few bucks.

Looks like there's finally some pictures of what this LE version includes.

Appears to in a book-type package, with some nice looking extras in there, such as a copy of Dr. Jones Sr's Grail Diary, a copy of the rubbing of the headstone from the tomb in Rome, cast photos and the like.

There's also an unboxing video as well.

Current price is 59.99 GBP.

[quote name='bill esquivel']I don't think its worth the extra cash...
916qEjJWBCL._AA1500_.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I agree. I cancelled my Amazon UK preorder. But if I had the cash, I'd buy it. Right now I'm thinking I'll try to make some best buy credit and buy it for $69.99 + tax. Either that or buy some Kindle cards and buy it for $68.99 shipped on Amazon. I'm sure it will drop in price fairly quick, but this is a day 1 purchase for me. The Star Wars complete collection bluray hasn't dropped too much since its release.

Just watch this review. You'll find out everything you need to know about Indy4.

[quote name='Jodou']Gonna stick with my German purchase w/ steelbook and zippo lighter.[/QUOTE]

As long as you use that zippo to melt down ij4 you'll come out ahead.

I would love to get the LE, but not for that price. Jones Sr. journal is the only thing that interest me.

This is bullshit. The Indiana Jones blu-ray was released this week in the U.S. and there is no thread devoted to its best deals or special offers? It's been noted before (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198969) that the limited edition would be exclusively available "online and offers" starting on October 8, however the only source to order is Amazon.co.uk for £59.99 (roughly $100 US). Is there any official website or press release giving out any more details? This is disgraceful for a classic like Indiana Jones!

For the record, the best price going right now seems to be $64.99 at Best Buy/Amazon, but that's for the regular, bare-bones edition. Target has got some special lithographs for an extra 4 bucks, but somehow it doesn't seem worth it. There is also a steelbook to be released in some parts of Europe; France and Germany (with a zippo lighter), apparently. I just want the special bonus box and all its content, but there's still no word whether the UK blu-rays will be censored (Temple of Doom heart ripping scene) or not, nor if they will necessarily play in Region 1 players. The whole think is frankly depressing, to tell you the truth.

[quote name='budarc']This is bullshit. The Indiana Jones blu-ray was released this week in the U.S. and there is no thread devoted to its best deals or special offers? It's been noted before (http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198969) that the limited edition would be exclusively available "online and offers" starting on October 8, however the only source to order is Amazon.co.uk for £59.99 (roughly $100 US). Is there any official website or press release giving out any more details? This is disgraceful for a classic like Indiana Jones![/QUOTE]

The Amazon.co.uk set ends up being about $86 US shipped. We don't pay VAT, so the base price is actually £49.99.

[quote name='DWulf']The Amazon.co.uk set ends up being about $86 US shipped. We don't pay VAT, so the base price is actually £49.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that clarification...that actually makes it feel more affordable.

I'd still like to wait for some official confirmation that it will be sold through some outlet in the US, but it doesn't look like it's coming.

The hell with it. The deed is done. (You're right, the shipped total comes out to £53.07.)

Set looks cool. What really catches my eye is the rubbing from last crusade, since that was my favorite when i was a kid watching it.

for IDJ4...yeah it had those moments of wtf...but the rest of it, like the alien scenario, is not so far out of the original stories reach. they all deal with ancient mysteries, only difference is the first 3 were earth based, while 4 was "outta this world". I mean there's only so many different religious stories you can do before it became "the next crusade for the re-lost ark". all in all i say the direction was appropriate, but the approach wasn't good.

Here's the interview where Spielberg talks about the "aliens" angle.

[youtube]rE7fzr6lQ-s[/youtube]

At around 1:05 he specifically states he did NOT want to do aliens. He'd already made his alien movies. It was actually Lucas pushing that angle.

~KC

[quote name='budarc']Thanks for that clarification...that actually makes it feel more affordable.

I'd still like to wait for some official confirmation that it will be sold through some outlet in the US, but it doesn't look like it's coming.

The hell with it. The deed is done. (You're right, the shipped total comes out to £53.07.)[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered it a little while ago. To me the collectibles were worth the extra $20 (vs. the current $65 price for the set just released in the US). If this set does get announced elsewhere, you can always cancel the Amazon.co.uk order before it's released.

bread's done
Back