Battlefield 3

Miami_13

CAGiversary!
I looked through a couple pages and didn't see a PS3 BF thread. Anyone on here play? I noticed the 360 forum has a huge thread on it. I got it at launch and played it quite a bit. Took a couple months break but I'm back into it now. Just wondering if there are any active CAGers who play it on PS3?

[quote name='Miami_13']I looked through a couple pages and didn't see a PS3 BF thread. Anyone on here play? I noticed the 360 forum has a huge thread on it. I got it at launch and played it quite a bit. Took a couple months break but I'm back into it now. Just wondering if there are any active CAGers who play it on PS3?[/QUOTE]

I might pick it up again. I traded it for Catherine. If I do I will definitely let you know. I along with about 2 buddies used to play.

I do often, but I end up getting pretty tired of it. It isn't nearly as good as BFBC2. And are there any official playlists put in place or even just standard matches? Any time I try to find a quick match, it is either some kids dicking around with glitches, clan matches that kick you out as soon as you join, or just a shit match in general. I'm lucky to find one good match a day. Not to mention all of this premium member bullshit.

The multiplayer was decent (always flawed) but was patched to death apparently. I am disinterested in it personally since the storyline is not that long.

[quote name='Yamato']I do often, but I end up getting pretty tired of it. It isn't nearly as good as BFBC2. And are there any official playlists put in place or even just standard matches? Any time I try to find a quick match, it is either some kids dicking around with glitches, clan matches that kick you out as soon as you join, or just a shit match in general. I'm lucky to find one good match a day. Not to mention all of this premium member bullshit.[/QUOTE]

You can server search DICE and find official Dice servers although some people will copy them. Or search P24 for official EA servers.

[quote name='Miami_13']You can server search DICE and find official Dice servers although some people will copy them. Or search P24 for official EA servers.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU :applause:

I own it and play it but recently bought a cheap copy of Bad Company 2 because I honestly believe it's the better game, which is why I was heartbroken to see that not many people still play it. Only rarely will you ever get in a full 12v12 match.

Anyone bought Premium? I'm strongly considering it. I already have B2K but it still seems worth it for the rest of the expansions.

I have seem some gameplay lately and the game looks rather fun. Ive shelled out to much money on games lately to buy it, plus im content with what I got now. Looks like a lot of fun though

^ lol last post in that thread was April 8th.

Anyway, I don't play that often but only because I have no one to play with anymore. BF3 isn't really a game you can just pick up and start playing lone wolf. It's very team oriented so you have to have a group that plays together and communicates. Otherwise, you lose and that =/= fun. I'd love to start playing again if we can get enough CAG's involved. Add me on PSN.

i frequent in it, mostly play oman for sniping. Im still tossing around the premium with my buddy (go halves on alot of psn items). anybody know if its worth it? im not really diggin the close quarters of the first pack but im interested on the others.

I have been thinking about getting this game a lot recently after seeing clips. fuckin around with planes and vehicles looks fun IMO.

I find myself usually only able to play one match, sometimes peaking with two games, before I get bored of it. The ranking system is atrociously slow, and the weapons you start with are almost useless to kill with, but decent to support other, higher ranked players with. I could play Bad Company 2 for a hours, as the game didn't torture me with weak weapons that I had to suffer through to get better attachments or upgrades in order to sufficiently kill with.

And the server bullshit is annoying; kill the host of a server, get kicked. Play in a clan server, they want to only face you, so it's stacked against you. Play in DICE servers, and it's high ranks in clans looking to pad their K/D ratio, while the low ranks like myself have no real weapons to fight back, leading it to be a spawn trap game that somehow still takes a long time to end.

Graphically, though, this game is outstanding looking. It's just that it's so boring to play that I'm more interested in how nice it looks.

So I caved and got Premium. I know I was most likely going to get all the expansions. Close Quarters is rather fun. It's a change of pace from the open battlefields(which I prefer). Very fast paced and easy to rack up some good points.

[quote name='Miami_13']So I caved and got Premium. I know I was most likely going to get all the expansions. Close Quarters is rather fun. It's a change of pace from the open battlefields(which I prefer). Very fast paced and easy to rack up some good points.[/QUOTE]

can i add you on psn for bf3, i can't find many ppl on cag that still plays bf3 on ps3

[quote name='YBX87']can i add you on psn for bf3, i can't find many ppl on cag that still plays bf3 on ps3[/QUOTE]
Yeah man no problem.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I find myself usually only able to play one match, sometimes peaking with two games, before I get bored of it. The ranking system is atrociously slow, and the weapons you start with are almost useless to kill with, but decent to support other, higher ranked players with. I could play Bad Company 2 for a hours, as the game didn't torture me with weak weapons that I had to suffer through to get better attachments or upgrades in order to sufficiently kill with.

And the server bullshit is annoying; kill the host of a server, get kicked. Play in a clan server, they want to only face you, so it's stacked against you. Play in DICE servers, and it's high ranks in clans looking to pad their K/D ratio, while the low ranks like myself have no real weapons to fight back, leading it to be a spawn trap game that somehow still takes a long time to end.

Graphically, though, this game is outstanding looking. It's just that it's so boring to play that I'm more interested in how nice it looks.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I get upset just thinking about all of it. BC2 is the superior game. I keep playing though in hopes that it gets better.

well, with the rent a server option with bf3, we can actually host our cag match with cag members, but it seems like barely any1 plays bf3 on the ps3 anymore, so its almost dead

[quote name='YBX87']well, with the rent a server option with bf3, we can actually host our cag match with cag members, but it seems like barely any1 plays bf3 on the ps3 anymore, so its almost dead[/QUOTE]

I would be up for joining that, and I have another CAG who joins me every time I play, so that makes 2.

EDIT - Feel free to add me, my ID is in my avatar box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it and would definitely play it. Never really put much time into it because most of my friends who have it are on 360. Definitely add me if you are looking for someone to play - KobeLake24

my psn id :blinoak, feel free to add me. i have been playing alot lately trying to unlock some of the better guns in the game by lvling up. and it is the summer. i will add you guys then

bread's done
Back